Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 06-20-2017, 11:41 PM

grats on having an easy to potty train child <3

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 05:01 PM

Sometimes I feel like that was the only easy thing about her. She's being a little butt these days. I got blasted with a bunch of, "You're a terrible mother!" the past couple days for reinforcing bedtime and manners. Heaven forbid! Today's much better though. I think part of her attitude has come from transitioning out of school and into a summer routine, and I think she's getting sick to boot. She had no color to her yesterday... so we'll see.

This week I discharge one of my cases and really begin a part-time schedule. I'm still not sure what'll happen financially or how that'll work out, but I'll know by the time Terra goes back to school. I got what clarifications I needed for my role and what I'll be paid for versus what I won't be paid for, and it's better than I thought. <3

I am so, so, so, sore today. The past two Fridays I was in a training. It's not solely to teach restraints (in fact, they're to be used as an absolute last resort and only for physical safety of the people we're working with -- not for our personal gain). But the actual restraints have left my legs burning! I don't know how much of it I retained. I'm so anti-restraint that I think it goes in one ear and out the other. I'd be the one to run around in circles flailing and dodging knives before restraining someone. >>;;

How's everyone's weekend going?

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadami View Post
It would be like going to daycare for them except that they are both in speech therapy and I don't have a car so I can't get them to school so a special bus with car seats comes and picks them up at the house and takes them in to school. ^-^ There is some "teaching" to it, but really its just a glorified preschool/daycare. Its a lot of finger painting type stuff and the girls love every minute. xD
Ahh okay that makes me feel better lol. I was like wow, thats pretty interesting! Hahaha
Well i hope their speech improves. Finger painting yay!! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
For us, there is Headstart, Pre-K (age 4-5), Kindergarten (age 5-6), First (age 6-7), etc. The only "requirement" for kids is Kindergarten. For kids who benefit from year 'round schooling, some programs do exist, but there's usually a reason. Like Shadami, hers will have speech therapy, and without it consistently given, kids will regress and lose their gains. It's a hard decision to make, I bet.

Terra will attend daycare in the summer, though not full-time. I figure the days my husband works, I'll put her in daycare so that I can work, too. Our time off will be off together for family time.

Ohh okay thanks for explaining that to me :).
Well that sounds good. Jaxs kindy is coming up for holidays soon. His dad will be goin round the bend lol 2 weeks of Jaxsyn at home haha.

I go to work for a holiday seriously lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi View Post
Parenting is so brutal sometimes. Agh. I take for granted how easy Terra was to potty train. You guys are rockstars. ;-; <3
It so is.
Ohh you're so lucky. Jaxs is almost 3 and he won't go near a potty or toilet. It's incredibly hard to get him interested. And dave is too lazy to keep up with consistent training - and i'm not at home all day to help. Kindy is the only place that try to get him trained. They told us to wait till he's 3, as this is when they train the others more consistently. So i guess we'll try again then.

Chi
Penpal

Old 06-24-2017, 11:32 PM

Potty training will happen. <3 Some kids take longer, and that's okay. X3

I want to cook something, but I don't know what. Agh.

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 06-27-2017, 08:59 PM

Their speech has been improving greatly... Still fighting potty training and behavior

Chi
Penpal

Old 06-28-2017, 09:27 PM

I'm glad their speech is improving! :)

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 07-07-2017, 10:46 AM

i know. i'm really excited about it. Lily has taken to making up songs when she's alone and its really adorable to listen to. xD

Chi
Penpal

Old 07-10-2017, 09:58 AM

Kids are indeed cute. xD

Chi
Penpal

Old 07-31-2017, 10:01 AM

It's too quiet in here. :p

What's everyone got for updates? I'm chugging along at part-time, and I'm enjoying it, though I can't say I've had much "me" time. I assume that'll come once the kiddo is back in school. She has part-time daycare days, but only on the days I have to work. Financially it works, and it works because she gets more time with me.

How's everyone doing?

Shadami
the one and only

Penpal

Old 08-06-2017, 05:30 PM

Doing pretty good. I think I pretty much successfully have the girls potty trained. Now I have to get them trained to clean their room and keep it clean so I don't have to step on toys every night for bedtime routine stuff. We have a mouse in the house that I can't get rid of. Or it keeps coming back in. Or their is a family of them. i don't know. But it won't get out and I've been bleaching all surfaces in the kitchen to try to get rid of it completely. discourage it with the chemicals type thing.

Hubby and I are still debating weather we want to have another. Like we want to. But the girls are such a handful on their own with the learning disabilities that are undiagnosed. So we keep going "no.. no not yet" and now Mary is 5 and Lily will be 4 in November and that's way further than I ever wanted to have my kids apart because i hate how distant my older siblings and I are because of the age difference.

Chi
Penpal

Old 08-10-2017, 11:32 AM

Awesome job on the potty training! That's amazing.

For the mice, I tried no-kill traps when we had a problem. If it's enough that they're leaving pee and poop on the counter tops, you've likely a problem. Keep all crumbs cleaned up and all food away from the counters. Ours got so aggressive that they chewed through bread bags. Blech.

No-kill traps didn't work. So I broke my heart and tried the circular traps that the mice go into, get killed, and you don't have to see them. I would bait them with peanut butter. When those stopped working, I tried glue traps, and I will NEVER freaking do that again. I felt like the worst human being alive.

Then I just called Orkin. They took care of it, but it took a couple years. I live in a log cabin home, so over time they found all the little holes to plug up to keep the mice from coming in. I still hear critters in between the walls on occasion, but it's been a year since I've seen someone actually come and visit me. For a while they'd come down the fireplace mantle and run around in front of me. xD;;; I don't mind mice. They're adorable. But, the peeing and pooping on counter tops left me in a "us or them" mentality. Just not healthy...

---------- Post added 08-10-2017 at 07:33 AM ----------

Forgot to add... second child bit...

There will never be a "good" time, or a time that feels "right", I don't think. There's always going to be reasons not to have more children, you know? If you guys want one, maybe just try and see what happens?