Kalliste
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to Kalliste

Old 06-08-2008, 06:00 AM

As we're discussing death in the general discussion I thought I might get your opinions on Euthanasia.

For me, I think it should be legalized... it was here for a period but it was incredibly hard to get approved for the procedure. I think you had to have around 5 or 6 doctors agree that you were better off not living before you were allowed to get euthanased.

In the end the decision was reversed and people were no longer allowed to go through the procedure.

I think it should be legalized because sometimes its just harder to be alive. I never want to die a slow death from cancer or something similar or be very old waiting for my mind and body to deteriorate.

We can let our pets go out with dignity, why not ourselves?

What is your take on it all? Why do you agree or disagree with it.

Kah Hilzin-Ec
The little creep with the weird ...
Send a message via MSN to Kah Hilzin-Ec

Old 06-08-2008, 04:56 PM

I agree. There are people with terminal cancer or AIDS and do they have to go through an indescriptible pain for a long period of time until they die? I believe that is more cruel than freeing them of their suffering for once.
After all, if they decide to do it, it's because they don't want to live for anyone, not even themselves. These people won't be able to contribute to society anyways. Of course I'm not seeing it from a selfish point of view, but it's better to watch somebody die in their sleep that watching them scream in pain for a whole day then fainting and dying >.>''

PS: I hope my opinion helps :)

Red Calypso
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-08-2008, 05:24 PM

I am torn on the matter. I am in favor of assisted suicide, IF it is for a terminal and painful illness (NOT for depression). I also don't object if the person leaves a living will. I question it strongly if another person is making the decision for someone who is incapacitated and is NOT in pain. You don't know what that person's motive might be for wanting the incapacitated person dead. It might be out of genuine concern, then again it might be out of convenience or even for monetary gain. I think everyone would be wise to make out a living will and let your wishes be known.

Shelbyrockin
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-10-2008, 12:14 AM

I only partially agree with it. It depends on the circumstances.

Like, I remember reading this one blog ranting about what a hospital had done. Their grandma had some sort of accident and was in the hospital, slowly dying. Something happened to her brain, I think, and she was just a vegetable. Eventually, the doctors cut off all of the medical support-type stuff. It took her a couple days to die because the doctors wouldn't be merciful and end her suffering.

If it's something like that, where they're just rotting away, then it's probably more merciful. But only if they have no chance at all of recovering.

Saisei
Flying close to the sun on wings...
Send a message via ICQ to Saisei Send a message via AIM to Saisei Send a message via MSN to Saisei Send a message via Yahoo to Saisei

Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM

This topic is actually a duplicate of this topic (which was a duplicate of two previous topics, but that one is the most recent) so I'm going to lock this one up and direct your discussion over in that direction.