Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:28 PM

Hello everyone,

As many of you are aware, we staff have been bringing you several new items, new eyes, and new contests; things to attempt to bring life to our community and bring us closer together as a whole. As with any avatar site, or site in general, this is simply not enough. The ability to think smart and act quickly to changes in our user base and the wants/desires of our community also has to be present. A site like ours requires constant attention, either due to coding needs or implementation of new features. Neither of these two things can the AA's of this site do alone or with the help of other staff members since it requires coding knowledge and tools that we simply do not have.

Because Escalate Media's general direction as a business has grown in a different path, one that focuses on women and technology, it is not possible for Lee to continue as owner of this site, as Escalate Media simply cannot give us the attention we require in order to grow.

As of now Menewsha is for sale. This does not mean that they will find a suitable buyer for our site, however we felt that you should be aware of this rather than discovering it on your own.

I am very proud of each and every staff member, as each one of us are here for the long haul. We are part of this community and will not leave it simply due to ownership change. We love the users here far too much. I cannot say enough great things about the staff and consider each of them a friend, even though I can be somewhat elusive at times and we don't always talk. I am also proud of where Escalate Media has gotten us thus far, however we feel that the change in ownership will bring an even brighter future to Menewsha and I cannot wait to see who the new owner will be and what they have to offer.

Kat
~jurupamae

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

Old 09-29-2008, 10:32 PM

*waves 607 dollars*

I call it first!

Other than that... Wow. Sucha a change is, to put it cheaply, big.

St Branny
A Tyrant of Roses
Banned

Old 09-29-2008, 10:33 PM

Oh...I really hope someone will love to buy Menewsha...I don't ever want this place to go away..

It's one of my close homes online and I don't know what I'll do without it..
I really hope...the next owner will love Menewsha like the rest of us..

*huggles Juru*

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 PM

That's our hope too Branny. We want someone who will devote their time to us and only us (within reason of course, if they own other sites) and sadly as of late, this simply has not occurred in a really long time.

*huggles Branny back*

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2008, 10:39 PM

I can't help but be a little worried about it, I've put quite a bit of effort into my account...

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:40 PM

We're not going anywhere, just changing ownership. Your account and everything will be fine.

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2008, 10:43 PM

Hopefully things won't change too much. ~Joins in on the Juru hugging~ And you and Jelly will be sticking around right?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:45 PM

You're stuck with us and all the staff for that matter :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:46 PM

We're not going anywhere :) You couldn't pry us away if you tried :lol:

Ithir
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know. Good luck finding a buyer. n.n

(If Mene gets bought, can fishing and descender come back? I miss those. T.T)

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 10:49 PM

Yes. We heard about this change a few days ago and each staff member was given a chance to decide to step down. Everyone expressed the desire to stay on.

Snowberry
Annihilator of Cookies

Old 09-29-2008, 10:50 PM

Yes! My brightly colored gumball thong and I can not be parted from such lovely darlings. -joins hugging-

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 09-29-2008, 11:04 PM

A switch of ownership again is kind of a scary thought, but hopefully things will get even better like it did last time(which was without no warning to the general public).

Just as long as the site remains in function and does not fall into the wrong hands, I am fine with the change though. xD

I find it kind of ironic, yet funny though since I believe this is around the same time frame (well, by a few months) that Josh sold mene last year. xD

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-29-2008, 11:07 PM

Yay new ownership! This is exciting. I put a lot of effort into my account as well but I don't have many worries. <3

Where is it for sale/is it posted anywhere on the internet...like an article etc...?

edit: so are we all going to get like...100k for all the stress about getting a new owner? XD...or get fishing back. <3's fishing!

Last edited by Majinkoz; 09-29-2008 at 11:11 PM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:11 PM

That's the spirit, Majinkoz. ;D

There's no use in worrying about something that hasn't happened yet. It's best to remain positive and see this as a potential change for the better.

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:12 PM

100k... wouldn't that be nice, lol.

As far as site features and games, I have no idea right now. We'll have to wait to see who buys us and go from there.

Honestly we as staff debated about whether or not we were going to announce the sale. We had hoped that the admin himself would have done it. I've had this written for two days :) Due to childish behavior from some folks at another web site, which will remain nameless, I decided to go ahead and go forward with it.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:17 PM

Lol, now now Moma, we mustn't judge another site's admin's inappropriate and unprofessional behaviour :lol:

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 09-29-2008, 11:19 PM

Well, I guess all we can do is remain calm and hope for the best. I do not want to see Mene going anywhere and from what it sounds like everything seems like it is going to be okay in the end.
I just do not want anyone who will destroy menewsha's charm getting their hands on it.

On that note, I will go off topic and drool on Mama Juru's hair I so badly want. xD

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:20 PM

Yes, yes we should. We would never do such a thing.

My hair? What hair? I have no hair :ninja:

Winterwolfgoddess
Miss You Guys
Penpal

Old 09-29-2008, 11:24 PM

So...will we be hearing anything else on this as the situation changes and such?

Fine, I want Mama Juru's white blobbiness. :talk2hand: :lol:

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM

We could do such a thing..if we were crass enough for tit for tat behaviour..

Seriously though guys, we're not worried about the sale, we're excited ^^

We are sad to part company with Lee and Ken and Escalate, because they've been awesome to us and brought us a long way from where we were a year ago, but they don't have the resources to give us the attention that we require (we're pretty needy you know!) so we need a new face at the top :)

`Kitami
The girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
Send a message via MSN to `Kitami

Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 PM

Oh, Juru this is what you were talking about in the Quest Raffle thread, yes?

-fidgets- Goodness, mene is like, my home. D: I'd hate to see anything bad happen to it. ;~;

But...it seems for now like everything will be fine? So...I guess I'll try to just stay calm like everyone else. :sweat:

As long as all of the great staff is staying, that eases my fears somewhat. ^.^ -hugs lots-

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-29-2008, 11:29 PM

Yes, we could do something like that... but I'm not lame, so I won't.

Seriously, as of right now, there is nothing to worry about. When we have more information we will gladly share it. I can only see this as a step in the right direction.

*hides white blobbiness*

Burnt Biscuits
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 09-29-2008, 11:30 PM

I dunno about 100k, that would kill the economy, but maybe some sort of item, similar to a 1k user item or something.

Deilen
The Sock Queen

Old 09-29-2008, 11:33 PM

Well, I trust we'll be able to hold together, thanks for letting us know Juru.
I'm not overly worried seeing as if it's come to this, you all must know what you're doing. :heart: