Mr. Mayor
NPC

Old 06-01-2009, 04:41 AM

Introducing the Contribution Items for June 2009 - Blind Justice and Peeblo the Imp! These are your chance at a magical familiar or wielding the sword and scales of the law.

Peeblo the Imp

Once upon a time, there was a powerful shaman who thought he'd like a familiar. He wanted an intelligent, tireless companion that had no mind for wickedness, so he researched the names of magical familiars not currently bound to another shaman's service and settled upon the nicest and most hardworking creature he could find.

He laid out his circles and said his charms and waved his incense. But when it came time for him to say the name of the familiar, something tickled his nose and he bungled the name, summoning Peeblo the Imp instead! The shaman tried to make-do with the little imp, but Peeblo was as mischievous as his sort generally are.

Eventually the shaman couldn't handle it any longer and threw Peeblo into a stone box, warding it with charms, enchanted paint, and a blessed rope. And for good measure, he threw the box into the sea (not realizing the magic he'd cast would make it float) where it drifted on the ocean currents before arriving at Menewsha. Yumeh found it resting upon the shore and gnawed the ropes open, freeing Peeblo once more!

Now it's your chance to have your own scamp of an imp! The Peeblo the Imp Contribution Item comes with three versions of the stone box, three different poses for Peeblo, and the mohawk, eyes and tail of Peeblo to equip to your avatar!

Blind Justice

Whether you be a Lady or Lord of Justice, the Blind Justice Contribution Item gives you many options of how to go about outfitting yourself for such an honorable position.

To show that you will apply the law to all comers, whatever their looks, their position in society, their relative wealth, or any other factor, you may tie a blue or white blindfold around your eyes.

Scales of Justice to weigh the arguments and facts of a situation are there for you - whether you choose to hold one scale in each hand and be a human (or elven, or zombie or...) scale yourself or use the metal scales in one hand or another.

The double-edged Sword of Justice can be held in either the left or right hand or thrust into the ground before you.

To ensure you are properly garbed like an ancient statue, a blue sash can be wrapped around your arms or white sash can be wrapped around your body.

Remember that Justice is blind and you are appointed to your duties willingly and impartially.

To obtain these wonderful Contribution Items, visit the Contribute tab and use PayPal or credit card. If you don't have either, you can also donate via snail mail. If gold is your only option, you'll want to check the Exchange forum. But don't be impressed by these items for long - these items will only be available until June 30th.

The fantastic pixel work was accomplished via the combined talents of Tre le Coco, Bisque and wish04. The dynamic and spectacular CI artwork was produced by the very talented Omi.

Zweres
'nanaface

Old 06-01-2009, 05:02 AM

Wonderful! Though, the next CI’s should be Ice cream and Bananas.

I love both of them, great job, Menewsha! :D

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 06-01-2009, 05:04 AM

BLARGH. They're gorgeous!

The Blind Justice is pretty, but not really my taste.
I absolutely LOVE and must have the Imp, though!
The one with the Weather Forecast under the avatar made me LAUGH. xD;
I think that's an amazing idea... (:

Keep it up, lovelies! <333

Last edited by Facade; 06-01-2009 at 05:06 AM..

Dollottie
*^_^*

Woot, third post, and first buy, I was refreshing the contribute page. XD

My feedback:

I live the sashes and blidfold for the justice item... <3 The balances look like they were hard to pixel, but they're very delicate looking. n.n I'm not fond of the sword in general, but I'm not much of a sword person when it comes to avies anyway, so... XD

I'm not fond of the imp though. The mohawk and tail are cute, but the horns should have been part of the item too. The imp is vulgar rather than cute or mischievous, and the box is kind of useless. The style demands a strict color scheme, and while it won't be hard to make an outfit around, it limits users on the sort of outfit that it can go with.
~shrugs~ I bought both cis, I'm selling the imp. n.n;

Last edited by Dollottie; 06-02-2009 at 03:46 PM..

Siri
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via AIM to Siri

The blind justice CI is so pretty! :drool:

I don't like the peeblo as much, but the mohawk is love. x3

kemii

Old 06-01-2009, 05:05 AM

Wow, those look awesome. <3
Great job to the PAs. <3

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~
Bring me the head of the Disco K...
Send a message via MSN to ~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

Old 06-01-2009, 05:07 AM

ohh I really do love the blind justice item ^_^

Lovely job pixelists

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 06-01-2009, 05:10 AM

Wow. I don't know how to reply to these.

The Blind Justice is definitely the better item in my opinion.

wish

Old 06-01-2009, 05:11 AM

cutee! >__<

lavndrdream
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to lavndrdream

Old 06-01-2009, 05:14 AM

*makes grabby hands*

Mine! Oh I can't wait until I get paid. I wish I hadn't bought that dawn today! Darn Walgreen's and their killer sales!

Tre Le Coco

Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 AM

Aw, i knew i forgot to donate for last months xD; Oh well, gotta donate double this month to do some swapping :eager: lol

Gary Stargazer
Kitsune of Lust
Send a message via AIM to Gary Stargazer Send a message via MSN to Gary Stargazer Send a message via Yahoo to Gary Stargazer

Old 06-01-2009, 05:39 AM

The justice is superb i like it a lot, the imp on the other hand .... eh i think you guys could of done better on that one. so i will probably only be getting one of the CI's this month.

Peanut
Banned

Old 06-01-2009, 05:43 AM

I LOVE the Blid Justice; however, I think the imp is... well, meh.

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 06-01-2009, 05:47 AM

OMG I LOVE THESE! =O <3<3
Especially Blind Justice. xDD;;
I've been hoping for blindfolds and more sashes, actually. 8DD;; <3<3

Thank you very much to everyone who was a part of creating this! :> These are fab~ =P <3<3

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 06-01-2009, 05:52 AM

Raw!
I love the naughty little imp.
I probably wouldn't use it as much -I might use the tail or mohawk- as the bling justice, but it's rawrsome.
>;' )

That blind justice sword-the blade part- looks a little phallic.
x' D

Last edited by Popcorn Gun; 06-01-2009 at 05:54 AM..

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 06-01-2009, 06:23 AM

Awesome to hear the new monthlies are here. :D

They look so awesome!

This is my birth month! *hint hint* XD

Anoni
is a cool kid.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:31 AM

Ooo I definitely like the blind justice item! :) Like many others, I can't see myself using the imp, but it's interesting. XD

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2009, 07:45 AM

Very cool.

Superb work Tre, Bis and wish. ;D

And, as always, great artsies, Omi. ;)

Kongouseki
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 AM

Blind Justice looks awesome! great job!
the Imp character looks interesting, but the Imp item itself looks...brighter? and more pixelated?. the avis near it look more smooth and subdued or something~
dont know if that's the words i'm trying to use, but...gah! i suck at words~

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-01-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Madison View Post
Awesome to hear the new monthlies are here. :D

They look so awesome!

This is my birth month! *hint hint* XD
Happy birthday Sakura! It's my birth month too! So yay us!

I like the blind justice items a lot.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:11 AM

I love these! I think, like mostly everyone I like the Blind Justice better xD I love how we can have the imp's hair though! That's so cool! ^^ The eyes are scary though so I dunno if I'll use those XD

Great job!

ellaangelus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 AM

omg!!!

i love the blind justice

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 AM

Lol Creps, one of the imp's poses was inspired by your avie art you know xD

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 06-01-2009, 08:27 AM

*looks* Omg!! That's so cool XD<3 I have to tell rose about this >_> <_< or does she already know? xDD
*moves imp to "favorite item" position now* >__>

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 06-01-2009, 08:30 AM

I don't think Rose knows, no xD