Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-08-2009, 10:31 PM

Inso, I just don't use PayPal. Somebody once suggested a pre-paid credit card to use with PayPal may be an option, and I might consider that.

A cash card that I can buy at WalMart would be even better...

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 PM

I am very happy to see this new feature. After reading messages from users who could not pay for CIs for the past year, I'm glad that this option is here. For someone like myself who has... ummm... occaissional cash flow issues, I'm glad that I can bank cash here for use later.

As far as the Gaia comparisons go, Cherry, your response was far tamer than mine would have been. I don't know if y'all who are talking about Gaia were around before the Cash Shop opened, but I was. We used cash to buy MCs and it wasn't always easy for people to get their hands on them. Now, I could see how that could confuse people who think that the world should just open it's coffers to everyone, but that does not sustain businesses. I find it obnoxious and small-minded of some of you who are accusing mene staff of being greedy when they are trying to find ways for every user here - in and out of the CONUS - to pay for CIs. I've been here long enough to have seen owner and staff turn-around, even met some of the staff in person, and I can assure you that they have every good intention in mind with regard to this site.

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
Zaboocan

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 PM

Whats with the people uproar? They have to pay for their website's domain....

Duhr.

But anyways, cool....Though I buy gaia cash.....
And so I'd never use mennies.

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 PM

:O

That's pretty awesome! Thanks!

Reverie
I ♥ you!

Old 09-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac View Post
I'd love to, however the site needs to grow a ton for us to move in that direction. Ultimate Game Card is handled by paybycash.com which as quoted on the signup page requires $50,000 per year of sales. http://www.paybycash.com/signup.php?js=true

I somehow doubt they would be happy to accept us if we only received a few thousand in gift card sales per year - I could be wrong though?
Hah! :XD I wasn't aware of that. Something to look forward to in the future I suppose.

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
Inso, I just don't use PayPal. Somebody once suggested a pre-paid credit card to use with PayPal may be an option, and I might consider that.

A cash card that I can buy at WalMart would be even better...
Thanks for the feedback! You can buy prepaid credit cards at Walmart :) They are normally in the gift card section. They are also available from most grocery stores. One of these days I'd love to allow credit cards to be used directly.

Edit for other users:

I think I forgot to mention this before. The reason we aren't currently allowing trades of mennies is because we want to protect users. The last thing we want is for someone to have their account hacked and then have their mennies transferred all over the place. One of these days we might allow trades but it's a touchy area for security of your accounts. Why give hackers a reason to target you?

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-08-2009, 10:52 PM

So this will work if i'm texting from New Zealand then?

Edit: Never mind my flag isn't on there, only Australia *sobs*

Last edited by Roachi; 09-08-2009 at 10:56 PM..

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
So this will work if i'm texting from New Zealand then?

Edit: Never mind my flag isn't on there, only Australia *sobs*
Sorry :( I'll see what I can do about getting more countries up there.

Tre Le Coco

Old 09-08-2009, 11:00 PM

:gonk:

You people who are complaining and emoing about us 'turning into a gaia clone', how about taking a minute from yourselves and put yourself in menewsha's shoes:
  1. We listened to user suggestions over a second currency, as well as discussed it between staff involved with the process
  2. Many, many, many people have wanted other ways to contribute - this system works out best for both sides (users and mene) due to currency conversion and all that jazz
  3. Other sites less and more developed than us have a second currency for their donations, why is it such a problem we have it too all of a sudden? Its a smart move for any site to do this if they want to give all users as much access to get donation and other items without having to only go through paypal
  4. Do you want to see menewsha grow? That includes getting more games, staff and fun features? We need donations to keep us going all we won't be able to do anything at all. Those new games, all these new features won't be possible if we don't have money to put torwards their development
  5. Unfortuently staff like myself, coders etc, don't get paid with cookies and love. We have our own lives to run, bills to pay and food to put on our tables. This is a full time job for some people, so you are helping keep staff alive xD
  6. Most importantly, no one is forcing you to buy mennies! If you don't want to donate, don't donate xD; Its that simple, we bring out these options for those who want to contribute to the site and watch it grow ^^
So stop your emoing and whining - its not like we will all of a sudden stop doing events and common updates and souly focus on a cash shop xP As cherry stated - the quality will be the same all around for everything, have faith in your staff :P I know some of you may think we are idiots, but we aren't xP

While feedback is great, comments like 'oh no not another gaia' aren't feedback but just really annoying and immature. So grow up a little and trust the people behind the scenes know what they are doing.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 09-08-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry :( I'll see what I can do about getting more countries up there.

Thanks Inso. ^^
It's just that i have trouble donating from my credit card/paypal for some reason, i always get an overload of items in my inventory - Hence why i haven't donated in awhile. So it would be good if i can donate via sms.

Devils Advocate

Old 09-08-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
Why did you choose to make it so that they can't be traded?

It seems to work quite well on Roliana. Over there, I buy their Platinums from people who are able to donate, and then I can buy their contribution items with the Plats.

Now, if you took credit cards directly, without going through PayPal, I would be happy...
Hmm, I use my credit card(well, my main does), but I didn't know I was using paypal. I NEVER save the info to them, so is it the same thing as using paypal if you don't save your info to them? I've never wanted to use them or have them store my info. Could you clarify this?

woohoohelloppl
Lurking

Old 09-08-2009, 11:30 PM

I'm suer a lot of users will enjoy this new way of contributing to the site. ^^

L o g a n
hay

Old 09-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Please tell me that you can only that you can buy mennies for yourself, and your name only and that there is no way to send mennies to other accounts. I don't like how contribution currency is traded (ie; T/O ON 100 MENNIES- I will send them to you, or something like that) on other sites and I don't want to see that here.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L o g a n View Post
Please tell me that you can only that you can buy mennies for yourself, and your name only and that there is no way to send mennies to other accounts. I don't like how contribution currency is traded (ie; T/O ON 100 MENNIES- I will send them to you, or something like that) on other sites and I don't want to see that here.
As it says in the first post, Mennies are not currently tradeable. It's unlikely that they will be for awhile.

See also this post:

Quote:
I think I forgot to mention this before. The reason we aren't currently allowing trades of mennies is because we want to protect users. The last thing we want is for someone to have their account hacked and then have their mennies transferred all over the place. One of these days we might allow trades but it's a touchy area for security of your accounts. Why give hackers a reason to target you?

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Thanks Inso. ^^
It's just that i have trouble donating from my credit card/paypal for some reason, i always get an overload of items in my inventory - Hence why i haven't donated in awhile. So it would be good if i can donate via sms.
Oh, if that is the case you should be pleased to hear that the new system works VERY differently - it's not even the same code. I'd be very surprised if the same thing occurred any more for you.

Paypal works like this now:

You select the amount of mennies you want and click Checkout. You go through Paypal as usual and then are given the amount of mennies you purchased. You now use those mennies on a completely separate system to get your items which gives no chance of receiving the wrong amount of items since Paypal isn't involved on that side at all.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 09-08-2009, 11:46 PM

Just a question... Any time my cursor goes even remotely close to the little mennies icon, a orange word bubbles pops up asking me if I need any. Is there any way to remove that? XD It's cute but getting annoying.

Insomniac
Janitor
Administrator

Old 09-08-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda View Post
Just a question... Any time my cursor goes even remotely close to the little mennies icon, a orange word bubbles pops up asking me if I need any. Is there any way to remove that? XD It's cute but getting annoying.
I'm sure yan will read this and looking into fixing it up :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Advocate View Post
Hmm, I use my credit card(well, my main does), but I didn't know I was using paypal. I NEVER save the info to them, so is it the same thing as using paypal if you don't save your info to them? I've never wanted to use them or have them store my info. Could you clarify this?
If that is what you've been doing in the past then yes you have been using Paypal - you just haven't been using an account with them. In that case Paypal is just acting as a credit card processor and is not saving your credit card details for others to potentially abuse.

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 09-08-2009, 11:52 PM

if it's not too much trouble. ^^; Otherwise, it's not hurting anyone. :heart:

*debates making her first SMS donation ever* Nrgh, dunno if I can afford it this month. Maybe for Christmas or my birthday. >>;

L o g a n
hay

Old 09-08-2009, 11:56 PM

Ohh okay. ;o

Seiki Nova
Wishing on Shooting Stars

Old 09-09-2009, 12:11 AM

Probably won't be using either option, but thanks anyways. Now people will stop complaining about us not having these options.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-09-2009, 12:19 AM

"Either option", Seiki?

You don't really have the option of opting out of the use of mennies. ^^; You can buy just enough for however many CIs you intend to get, but you need to use mennies to buy the CIs now.

Saiyouri
Dead Account Holder

Old 09-09-2009, 12:24 AM

Oh wow cool. I love the name.

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 09-09-2009, 12:25 AM

MY only complaint is that those bunnies look like grunnies. And stealing other sites' characters...Isn't cool mene.
:talk2hand:

...So basically, Yay mennies.
Boo stealing.

Stardragon
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-09-2009, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insert_Witty_Username View Post
Oh great. It's Gaia Cash all over again *le sigh*
I was thinking the same thing.

Gary Stargazer
Kitsune of Lust
Send a message via AIM to Gary Stargazer Send a message via MSN to Gary Stargazer Send a message via Yahoo to Gary Stargazer

Old 09-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Nice feature for those that cant use pay pal etc or countries that limit transactions ... I just hope this does not issue in an age of darkness for Mene. (cash shop like gaia)