Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 09-02-2007, 06:14 PM

I saw the Nanny Diaries the other day, and I must say it wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

Sure, it was kinda cheesy, but when it came down to it, I really enjoyed myself.

7.5/10 I'd say...

Morien
*^_^*

Old 09-03-2007, 07:17 PM

Stardust.

Lovely movie, but the ending could have been better. Overall really enjoyable, and I will be buying this when it comes out.

8/10

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 09-07-2007, 08:21 PM

Red Dawn 8/10 stars
I swear some of those people died twice. One of these days I'm going to count how many Wolverines there are, and then count how many people die. Because I swear they keep respawning.
Anyway, some parts of the movie were a bit less-than-spectacular, and some of the acting was mediocre (*coughPatrickSwayze*), but other parts were really great.
There's a reason this film is regarded as a classic, even though it's less than twenty years old.

Though I could have done without that cheesy dramatic quiet 80s music at the start of half the snowy scenes. It really ages the movie. :\

Pretty Woman - 7/10
So many aspects of this movie are the typical romance chick-flick. Many of the themes have since been reused and beaten to death with a blunt object (but that's probably due more in fault to Molly Ringwald, than this movie). But this one at least had a unique twist in that the protagonist is a hooker, and the protagonist has a good actress playing her.
In terms of chick-flicks, it was good. In terms of movies in general, it was just above average. Worth watching if nothing else is on.

Dearest
Master of Cupcakes

Old 09-09-2007, 09:48 PM

I just saw "Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind"

Studio Ghibli thing, one of the most amazing films I have seen my entire life, the imagery, how you can connect the story with what's happening to the world today, everything... I had seen it once before, but completely forgotten how extraordinarily fantastic it is *loves the film BIG*

I also saw "Crash" about racism in L.A.

One of the best films I have seen in a very long time... How everything's connected, nothing the way it seems, everything has a good and a bad side, people (grown-ups) actually growing up, showing how everyone has a different side to themselves and all that stuff... Really a film no-one should miss... SEE IT!!!

*sighs at all the amazing films out there*

Yeah
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-09-2007, 10:22 PM

I just watched Vanity Fair a couple of nights ago. It was o.k. I don't know, 3 stars maybe.

Shankster06
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-10-2007, 01:44 AM

I SAW SUPERBAD!
i love it
it is so good
i would give it 5/5 stars!
its rated like 18A though and i am 13 !
I saw it in theatres!
it was good
let me tell!

ln(e)
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-10-2007, 02:42 AM

Transformers
253/10

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 AM

John Tucker Must Die

A perfect ten because Jesse Metcalfe is hot, the music is fun to listen to, and it's a great story for those of us girls who ever wanted to take revenge on boys for breaking our hearts.

Also saw Rush Hour 3 recently (twice -- first with DigitalKakashi and her parents, then when I got home, watched it with my mom and Donna)

9 out of 10 this time. The funny parts were great but there were many holes and extra fill ins that did NOT need to be added. I expected Roselyn Sanchez to be in this movie until Brett Ratner had made it not so, so RH3 wasn't even in New York City where I expected the trilogy to continue on. The thing about Lee's "relative" though...was definitely NOT necessary, and he had no real role in the movie, so I was quite disappointed that they put this unnecessary character in. Consul Han makes a return as well, and he plays a small part in the film, just to end up in the hospital and then isn't mentioned again for the rest of the film. Soo-Yung isn't even the same actress, and they could have just used the same one since she grew up in a large span of time in real life. I wonder why they didn't do that.

secretdae007
The Colors of a Dae

Old 09-10-2007, 01:42 PM

I saw Superbad on Saturday. I don't know if this would be a fair rating seeing as I missed a good 1/2 hour of the movie D:
Probably 3 out of 5 stars. Really wasn't that great but then again, it's a guy's movie. A bit vulgar at points.... >.>;

DreamEmpress
*^_^*

Old 09-10-2007, 02:41 PM

I saw Shoot Em Up! and it was cool. Not something I would have wanted to see however my boyfriend did. It was entertaining.

Dare
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned

Old 09-10-2007, 09:08 PM

Run, Fatboy, Run.

Absolutely hilarious, fantastic plot, comedy bliss! :D 9/10

Berra

Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 AM

King and the clown.
It was awesome!

Aliena
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-12-2007, 01:07 PM

I just finished Rent last night and really enjoyed it. The music was good - I had only heard snippets of it before then. And I loved Rosario Dawson's voice (she played Mimi). It was also fun seeing Idina Menzel playing Maureen, since I've only known her in Wicked. All in all, the way they did things, especially the moments during the "Without You" song were really well done and the last 40 minutes was especially touching. I enjoyed it! Would watch it again.

I'd say 4/5.

Trinitydoll
(ο・㉨・&...
Banned
Send a message via MSN to Trinitydoll

Old 09-12-2007, 08:26 PM

belle epoque an old spanish movie i loved it 7/10 (high rank in my ranking)

Wordstreamer
Nifty Fairy of the North
Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Wordstreamer

Old 09-13-2007, 02:34 PM

I think that the last movie that I saw was Renaissance. I was confused a few times--mostly because there were two girls who looked somewhat alike and then I was trying to keep them apart.
But the art was wonderful. (I mentioned this in the Sin City thread, only because it's similar to that film in the b/w aspect and in the artistic aspect.) It's animated, and all black/white. The only gray that I remember was from a person's glasses, indicating the depth. It was a fun plot, and it was just awesome. Not the best movie ever, but a good one.

Sephora.Rose

Old 09-15-2007, 10:10 PM

The last movie I saw was Battle Royal. It's definitely a movie I've seen before. The movie was awesome but really screwed up. If any of you have seen it I liked the part where the girls were all in the kitchen and they started shooting everyone. That movie was definitely one of the most screwed up movies that I've seen but it was pretty good. :)

Emerrett
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-16-2007, 12:31 AM

I'm not exactly sure what was the last movie I saw, I only watched the end of "Big Fat Liar" on Abc Family, and it wasn't the first time I've seen. That's all I can remember. - -;

nottyreloaded
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Last Movie i saw was Live free or Die Hard
It was a good movie, Lots of action, but alot of it was like holy crap this guy will not die :lol: I would say 4/5 because i like the action/comedy mix

Fuumuu
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-16-2007, 11:44 PM

The last movie I saw was "Stardust". <3

On a scale of one to five...I've give the movie a five. @@;;<33

It was a crazy awesome cool movie. I personally thought the plot was very well developed, the adverture was amazing, the romance was brillant, the actors were very well chosen...it was just...amazing. <3

Two hours of my life that I truly enjoyed wasting on a movie. xD;;<3

Azizi
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Azizi Send a message via MSN to Azizi

Old 09-17-2007, 03:19 PM

Last movie I saw was 28 weeks later and.. I didn't think it was very good. 28 days later is on tonight though and I much prefer it to the second.

The last movie I saw that I really enjoyed was one of the two Battle Royale's. I didn't see all of the first one though, I missed it ;^; But I did get to watch all of the second and I liked it ^.^ Might buy the manga of it when I have enough.

liquitine

Old 09-17-2007, 10:35 PM

I just recently saw The Brave One with Jodie Foster and I have to say I was extremely impressed. I knew it was going to be as good as it was. Parts of the movie made me cry, though, but I still really enjoyed it. I would recommend this movie to almost everyone (there is a good amount of violence in it) who can stomach to see some gruesome parts. If I had to rate this movie on a scale from 1-10 I'd definitely rate it a 9.

liquitine

Old 09-17-2007, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuumuu

It was a crazy awesome cool movie. I personally thought the plot was very well developed, the adverture was amazing, the romance was brillant, the actors were very well chosen...it was just...amazing. <3

Oh, I loved that movie. The screenplay was written by my favorite author, Neil Gaiman, and he wrote the book/graphic novel. I had read the book a few years before I knew it was being made into a movie and was extremely excited. I'm so glad the movie was so popular and Robert Di Nero's performance in it was AMAZING!

Jayms
⊙ω⊙

Old 09-18-2007, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquitine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuumuu

Oh, I loved that movie. The screenplay was written by my favorite author, Neil Gaiman, and he wrote the book/graphic novel. I had read the book a few years before I knew it was being made into a movie and was extremely excited. I'm so glad the movie was so popular and Robert Di Nero's performance in it was AMAZING!
I can't wait for this film to come out here. I absolutly love the book. Sinse niel Gaiman has written the screan play it's bound to be good. i just hope it has all the subtle charm that the book has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephora.Rose
The last movie I saw was Battle Royal. It's definitely a movie I've seen before. The movie was awesome but really screwed up. If any of you have seen it I liked the part where the girls were all in the kitchen and they started shooting everyone. That movie was definitely one of the most screwed up movies that I've seen but it was pretty good. Smile
one of my all time favourate films absolutly brilliant. The second one has nothing on the first but the first is inspired briliance and deserves the cult status that it has.

Last film i saw was "Run, Fatboy, Run" staring Simon Pegg and Dylan Moran. Absolutly hilarious. It's exactly my kind of comedy and exactly what i expect from Pegg and Moran (my fave comedians). Brilliant stuff.... although the story was a tad predictable but the what romantic comedy isn't?

Feralin
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Feralin

Old 09-18-2007, 03:05 PM

My Super Ex Girlfriend.

6.5/10

It didn't seem to have much material apart from sexual jokes, and it was quite repetitive.

Love Uma Thurman though. <3

Secret
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via MSN to Secret

Old 09-18-2007, 09:59 PM

• the last movie I saw was Event Horizon. I've always loved that movie. I rate it at about 8