Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-04-2008, 08:04 PM

We are currently looking for talented pixel artists to join our growing team of developers.

Pixel artists will be working for Menewsha.com and Escalate Media LP as a member of the Development team and in conjunction with the Event Coordinators in order to produce pixelated work for Menewsha.com.

This is a non cash compensated position, however you will be paid in Menewshan gold based on the amount of work produced each month. Cash payment may be possible after a probationary period of time.

As a pixel artist for Menewsha.com and Escalate Media LP your core responsibilities will be to create new items for the avatars, repixeling of older works, and possibly other duties as necessary. Knowledge of graphic software such as MSPaint, Photoshop, Corel Draw, Gimp, etc is required.

You must also have the ability to:
  • Work unsupervised
  • Work under pressure and meet defined deadlines
  • Be a team player and work well with a diverse group of individuals
  • Have sufficient free time to dedicate to the site

Interested parties please complete and copy/paste the following form in to an email with the subject field labeled PIXEL ARTIST APPLICATION to [email protected] complete with a portfolio or samples of your work attached. In addition to your portfolio/samples we are requesting the following:

Please choose one of these three (or all three if you wish) drawings and make an outfit out of it. These outfits must be pixeled on the Menewsha avatar bases and saved as .gif.

Please note: Pillow shaded/tool shaded entries will not be accepted as we do not use this type of shading on our site:

Application period ends on February 15th 2008.

Code:
Menewsha Pixel Artist Application

Username:
Date of Availability:
Hours Available per Day:
Online Portfolio Address:
Degrees, Courses or Professional Credentials (Experience):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sample completed form
Menewsha Pixel Artist Application

Username: Jelly
Current Employer: Escalate Media LP
Date of Availability: February 2008
Hours Available per Day: 8 hrs
Online Portfolio Address: http://jellysundae.portfolio.net

I also have some recent samples of my work here:
Sample 1
Sample 2
Sample 3

Degrees, Courses or Professional Credentials (Experience): Bachelor of Fine Arts
When applying, please keep the following in mind:
  • All samples submitted in your application must be that of a finished product. This means no WIPs please.
  • If hired as a pixel artist, you are giving away the ownership rights to your art to Menewsha. Menewsha.com will have full ownership of any art you produce for us, and may use it in any way that we wish. If you are not comfortable with this, please abstain from applying.
  • All those invited to join our staff will be required to sign a contract and a nondisclosure agreement, which means you must be 18 years or older to apply.

Applications will go through a thorough examination process in which the pixel work will be evaluated for quality and applicability to the site. If we determine that you contain qualities what we are looking for, you will hear back from us no later than one week after the final applications are accepted for an interview. Please do not contact any staff member regarding the status of your application!

We're looking forward to receiving your applications! Good luck to all applicants!

Sapphyre800
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-04-2008, 08:07 PM

Wow, good luck pixeling everyone!

foggyday
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-04-2008, 08:28 PM

i send my wishes as well^^
and work hard for more pretty clothes!yeaaah.XD

Ceridwen_Crystaline Ikoda
The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM

Oh lordy, so tempting. Is school/job related experience a 100% necessity? D:

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-04-2008, 08:34 PM

Not necessarily, no. We're looking at a few things. Here's a couple examples to just give you an idea:
  • Individual Style and how it relates to Menewsha currently.
  • How well you can translate concepts in to actual items.
  • Pixeling quality

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-04-2008, 08:38 PM

Oooh...now I want to make a bunch of pixel dolls of my roleplay characters to help flesh out my portfolio. XP

Pixeling is definitely one of my strengths with digital art, so...X3 I hope I can get everything ready in time!

Sir D . L O Van Lobsters
The First.

Old 02-04-2008, 08:40 PM

Can't wait to see the chosen people's designs. n___n

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 02-04-2008, 08:44 PM

Thank you for the clarification, juru. =3 <3

Is there a prefered colour scheme for the poodle dress? We have 50s festivals here often, so I can only imagine pastels like baby blues and pinks. XD

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 02-04-2008, 08:46 PM

I cannot wait to see more pixel artists.

I am learning how to create pixel art.

I hope I get better soon.

Nuru
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-04-2008, 10:16 PM

I stink at pixel art and I'm not old enough, so I'm obviously not going to send in an application x3 Good luck to anyone and everyone who does, though.

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 02-04-2008, 10:20 PM

O: Good Luck everyone! I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with *o*

Naiyaraba
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2008, 10:44 PM

what does pillow shaded/tool shaded entries mean? and that seems like a short amount of time for someone to get entries in. O_o

Cami
(ó㉨ò)

Old 02-04-2008, 11:01 PM

You have to be able to work on strict deadline in order to do the job, Naiyaraba. ^-^

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 PM

It is a short amount of time. But it just shows how quickly and well you can work. I think I may try for this position...

Naiyaraba
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-04-2008, 11:05 PM

ah! so no "just for fun" entries? got it. :D

edit: Penny: ah! i see. that would be wise. see if you can work under pressure and strict deadlines.

Penny
*^_^*

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 PM

Indeed. It's a clever device. These people are smart. :3

Fullmetal Phantom
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via MSN to Fullmetal Phantom Send a message via Yahoo to Fullmetal Phantom

Old 02-04-2008, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiyaraba
what does pillow shaded/tool shaded entries mean? and that seems like a short amount of time for someone to get entries in. O_o
It means entries shaded with the paintbrush or airbrush tool. It softens everything too much to be practical (you can only have so many colors in a .gif or .png image) or look right...and a lot of pixelists see it as cheating.

And hey, short deadlines are good. Procrastination is NOT your friend when you're on a deadline. ;)

Teive
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 AM

At times like these I really wish I could draw. n_n; Oh well. I hope we get lots of new pixlers...lol is that a word...?

Breakfast
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 02-05-2008, 12:40 AM

OH wow , i can't wait to see what it would look like ! And would the design on First post be for sell ? It'd really like the polar bear !

Kyou Blade
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-05-2008, 12:41 AM

I'm so super excited! I'm doing the second outfit. The poodle skirt calls to me ^^ Good luck to everyone else!

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 AM

Those designs are to see how well people translate concepts in to pixels. At this time we have no plans to release them. They are part of the application process for now.

Arc
Dead Account Holder

Old 02-05-2008, 12:54 AM

Whoa, out of my league yo. X_x
Good luck to everyone who signs up for this! :3

Though I find it funny though that Menewsha is gonna pay menewshan gold for pixel images that will be copyrighted, to be honest, it's kinda unfair, some see alot of value in pixels and virtual gold but I wouldn't really call it fair. :/

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-05-2008, 01:10 AM

Very interesting...Is the White animal supose to be a polar bear or a white wolf though?
EDIT:
Another question or two...
Also most of the dolls I have done are from 3 years ago and are on Gaia Bases. When apling would you recomend only using Mene bases as samples or is that only for the 3 out fits?

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-05-2008, 01:16 AM

Nephila, it is a wolf.

Edit: The samples are to be done on the Menewsha base since it is a 3/4 view rather than a head on view. Your portfolio and examples do not need to be on the base, just need to represent your skill and previous works.

While I certainly appreciate your thoughts Arc, those that do not wish to be paid in gold to start need not apply. I would love it if all of the staff were paid but unfortunately right now that is just not feasible. In addition there may come a point in time that the gold payment turns in to cash payment but that will be discussed with the applicants.

The Inconsistent Wraith

Old 02-05-2008, 01:19 AM

Well crap, that's a wolf? D: It certainly screams polar bear. *reworks what she has* Oh well~.