hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-07-2017, 04:39 PM

TELL ME TAROT

I had negative 27 or thereabouts, if I'm not wrong. -27 or -39. Something like that. Because I changed my username from Siren Sonder to hanahaki disease and Knerd deducted the 1000 gold fee from my account, except I didn't have 1000 gold at the time. I was close, but not quite.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-07-2017, 04:59 PM

A small debt, very payable.

Tarot's been quite a time for me. The key to tarot is to think with your intuition, not your intellect. I didn't know what that meant when I started. I didn't know what it meant to "follow your intuition." So firmly bound to logic and reasoning was I! I've only learned how to use my intuition because of tarot. I started out following my guidebook like law and making interpretations based on the information I read.

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-09-2017, 05:28 AM

Intuition is epic. Following it means you still sometimes get to feel a sense of wonder at the world.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-09-2017, 11:23 AM

To all who may be interested and haven't seen, I spilled a very long post about chocolate in RAK…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amane View Post

CHOCOLATE!X

I'm on a widescreen laptop, so this is even longer than it looks to me. Sweet heavens.

Don't get me wrong; I've always loved chocolate. I've been a chocolate eater—white, milk, minty, and dark—from my earliest years in memory. But, see…

I looked up menus for the fast food places I like to see what all they have. It's part of some food adventures I'll detail one day if they go the way I'd like them to. I discovered these places I love have more good than just fries. And Icees, in Burger King's case. And drumsticks, in KFC's case. They got desserts. They got chicken tenders. They got drinks besides Sprite/Sierra Mist. Things I eat and drink!
It's a matter of being brave enough to ask for a different food from what I usually get. I might make a post about my troubles with asking for things one day.

Most of what I've tried has been SO GOOD, SO GOOD. Today, we're talking about chocolates, so let's talk about the chocolate at these places.

We have Tim Hortonses now, and I'm tryin' their donuts. I want to use Timmies as an excuse to start eating bagels.
I've had chocolate dip, double chocolate, and one called "brownie batter." The chocolate dip is a plain donut with chocolate on top. Double chocolate is the same thing made with chocolate cake. The brownie batter one looks exactly like the chocolate dip on the outside, except with no hole and with chunks of brownie sprinkled on it. I bit into this thing, and tHE THING WAS FILLED WITH CHOCOLATE. IT'S REALLY GOOD, YOU GUYS. I've never had a filled donut before.

Arby's Molten Lava Cake. I talked about this during the event. I hadn't eaten cake in many years before I started eating this. The website says it's a limited time item. I searched it and it appears to be seasonal. 'Cause everyone who talks about it is talking about it during the winter. Another reason to like winter, yo.
IT'S SO GOOD YOU NEED TO TRY IT IF YOU LIKE CHOCOLATE CAKE AND THERE IS NOTHING STOPPING YOU FROM GOING TO ARBY'S.
I could eat these suckers all day. They're individual cakes. Chocolate chips on chocolate fudge(?) on chocolate cake. WARM. Eat that mother trucker and scrape the container with the spoon. Lick it? Be my guest. Still good when reheated!
I think Arby's has cookies. I shall try those at some point. When I'm brave enough. Maybe when my Arby's says they've stopped selling the cake. They changed the drive-thru menu and it's missing the cake, but I can still order the cakes for now. Since I just discovered the cake… whew!

KFC's got their chocolate chip cake and lemon cake. I learned I don't like lemon cake because of a funny-ish experience, but we're doing chocolate today. The chocolate chip cake is a chocolate cake with white icing in, like… this netting/stripe pattern. No chocolate chips in sight.
I said during the event how I got that whole chocolate chip cake because they charged less for it than for an individual slice (which is considered a side item and charged as such). I
also said, "I'm not sure I'd ever get this again," because the way the cake tastes isn't, um… the way I'm finding I like my chocolate cake, it tastes like a brownie, I guess? I like it warmed up, too, like a brownie fresh out of the oven would be. We make our brownies from a mix, and I've hardly ever eaten a brownie that wasn't one of those.
Anyway, that KFC cake. My first taste of it was refrigerator cold. It tasted like other cake I had many times before I didn't eat cake. Not a bad taste, but I'm not a fan. I hoped I would like it more if I warmed it up.
I was right. (For once! WOOHOO! ) It's so good. It's amazing. I could do without the icing, but I'll live.
I want to get more at some point. We're not usually down by KFC before they close.

If you didn't know, I'm lactose intolerant. That means milk products are a dangerous game. Milk, ice cream, cheese, butter, chocolate… none of the above has made me sick. WEIRD, RIGHT‽
I have times in my life when I'm temporarily not lactose intolerant. I eat all the dairy products I want and nothing bad happens. I don't recall my stomach being even a bit bothered during these times. How do I know when these times are over? *intense stare*
The hard way.
It seems the more melty a dairy product is, the more likely it is that it'll make me sick.
When I was eating that brownie donut, I was thinking, "I'm going to die." I. DIDN'T.
OH MY COD.

I do have non-fast food adventures of the chocolatey kind to report.

Remember when I found chocolate lactose-free ice cream? Breyer's? The store where I found it stopped selling it. Even in vanilla. I was so heartbroken. Guess what I found?
They have a whole section dedicated to lactose-free and dairy-free.
I have dairy-free ice cream sandwiches and will perhaps get dairy-free chocolate ice cream. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT HAPPENED. I CAN'T BELIEVE I FOUND IT. I DID THE DRAMATIC GASP THING AGAIN, TOO!
I don't remember how dairy ice cream sandwiches tasted, but I MISSED THOSE SO BADLY. These are small, almost square, and SO GOOD. Totally addictive. They're made with coconut milk instead of cow milk.

Only Applebee's goodies have made me sick. The Triple Chocolate Meltdown and the Brownie Bite. They're served warm with chocolate sauce atop and a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. It's heavenly delicious instant death by lactose. I cut off the half of these desserts that isn't touching the ice cream and let father eat the rest. My stomach complains about it.
Weirdly? I had a similar warm chocolate cake, with chocolate sauce, served with an ice cream scoop, at another restaurant (I told the waiter my father and I would split one cake and that's probably why we got two scoops of ice cream with it), and half of that cake did not make me sick. Apparently, my stomach is just as done with Applebee's as I am. I've been there too many times. I need a break.

Speaking of parents, my mom is like, "What's with you and sweets lately?" "What's with you and chocolate cake lately?" I've always been this way, mother. I didn't feel like I was allowed to ask for anything, so I kept it inside.
My daddy showed me a couple brands that make dairy-free ice cream in flavors like mint chocolate chip, cookies and cream, dark chocolate, and something peanut butter, was it? Lots of flavors made up of things I like. WITHOUT THE DAIRY!

Next time mumsy wants to order a pizza… Pizza Hut and Papa John's have chocolate chip cookies and brownies I want to try.
The chocolate chip cookie is one of those big ones that you slice up. Cookie pizza!
The brownies are in squares. I mustn't devour them all. There's also possibly some brookie magic happening here. Brookie: brownie + cookie. WITH CHOCOLATE CHIPS, IF SO.

I'm interested in making my own chocolate. I'm interested in switching from eating milk chocolate primarily to dark chocolate. I'm not much for white chocolate, but I'll take it. If Cookies' n' Creme counts as white chocolate, it's a big fat exception. I love me some Cookies n' Creme.
Can I make my own dark chocolate? My own Cookies n' Creme? PLEASE!

Other sister used to tell me chocolate would give me pimples.

If you read all of this, you get a share of all of my chocolate.

Hopefully I can find a way to organize my knowledge and get you that tarot textwall. That was great warmup.

Last edited by Amane; 05-09-2017 at 01:55 PM..

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-16-2017, 08:51 PM

I want to do a wall of text but all I have is a rant which will probably turn into a wall of text so first off I hate having to deal with automated services give me an idiot person over automation anyday and then I get a real person who has to be told not once but 10 separate times the heater does not work okay man so the heater works no the heater does not work that's why I'm putting a claim in why would I put a claim in for a heater that works I don't need you for that oh my God anyway waiting since January to have a heater fixed so why hasn't it been fixed your claim never went through but I have the email that says your claim has been submitted will what is that claim number I don't have that off the top of my head okay well I see nothing on your account for a claim okay can you put a claim in for me yes I can so the claim is your heater is working correct honestly good thing I was on the phone and not right there in person with them I can see what people go on Rampages I totally can I'm like frothing-at-the-mouth over this and I can't remember what else I wanted to talk about so I guess I'm done I hope all the words came out right yes squirreliegirrrlie girly this was audio text audio rent I even spit on my phone as I was talking

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-16-2017, 09:00 PM

It must be very hard to ensure the quality of customer service. And as I say that… it absolutely has to be.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-16-2017, 09:08 PM

It really is because a lot of people can tell when they're being monitored like I used to work with this one guy that always had his times down he was so fast I sat next to him one day it was a weekend holiday weekend and he was just hanging up on people left and right he told this one lady that she needed to take a nap and hung up on her and I'm like and here I am trying to actually do my job what an idiot I could be getting good times to just hanging up people and telling them hey you need a nap I could use a nap myself right now

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 05-16-2017, 09:14 PM

That dude needed to be told on!

hanahaki disease
wistful

Old 05-21-2017, 06:39 AM

How long was he able to get away with it? His ass should've been fired before he could even say 'nap' leave alone have a nap

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 05-22-2017, 06:35 PM

To be honest I think everybody knew what he was doing I was really one of the last people who found out you know I'm one of those stupid people that you're told the rule you follow rule whether somebody's there watching you or not because God is always there that's what I was taught in Catholic school and that's what I still go by and sadly in this world it actually gets me nowhere hopefully when I get to the Pearly Gates everything will be copacetic for me
I actually think he retired from the company he was such a nasty man I mean I giggle about it now but some of the things I heard him say shocked me the nap telling the lady to take the nap was one of the kindest things he said I can't imagine what she asked him that he would like admonish her like a child and tell her to go take a nap but those are the kind of people that always seem to get promoted have accolades thrown about for them in the people that do their job well and have compliments from customers never seem to get anywhere I don't understand it I think I do everything wrong in life

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 06-18-2017, 11:58 AM

I, too, have a tendency to be a dunce.