Old 08-26-2010, 08:22 PM

Name: Julian Ricardo

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 08-26-2010, 08:28 PM

Name: Anatola Stewart

Last edited by Mageling; 08-26-2010 at 08:59 PM..

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 08:47 PM

Julian yawned as he reclined back on a tree limb in the campus square. People walked by every now and then, but he ignored them. He had no reason to pay attention to anyone here, except a couple hunters that also went here. He felt his cellphone vibrate and he sighed as he pulled it out. "Yup?" Then he blinked as the person spoke on the other end. "A witch? Seriously?" He sat up on the branch and grinned slightly. "Finally I get to have some fun. Email me the info. I got class soon." He lied easily and hung up, slipping his phone back into his pocket, then hopped down from the tree and picked up his shoulder bag with his laptop in it.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 08:58 PM

Ana made her way across the main square on campus, her bag slung over her shoulder. The chilly autumn breeze played with her hair, and she kept brushing it out of the way, glancing around. Her intuition had been screaming at her lately to be careful, but it had been almost a full week and she hadn't seen anything out of the ordinary. It was starting to make her a little paranoid. Mentally shaking herself, she made her way to the large stone fountain in the middle of the square and sat down on the edge of it. Maybe she could squeeze in a bit of scrying, to see what was going on.

Setting her bag at her feet, she turned slightly and gazed down into the water, making it look like she was just watching the ripples in the fountain. It wasn't the best place to scry, and scrying itself wasn't one of her strong suits, but she was half-way decent when she really focused. Slowly, a few transparent images began to show themselves to her in the water, but she was only able to make out a flash of red hair, almost the same color as her own, before the images vanished again.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Julian walked along the cobblestone path, then blinked and stopped when he saw a redhead girl staring into the water. Rather intensely too. He was curious as to what she was doing, he secured his hat before moving over to her slowly. "Anything interesting in there?" He sounded sort of teasing.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 09:11 PM

Ana jumped a bit and turned.

"Not really," she said, shaking her head. "I just got a bit... distracted..." She trailed off when she saw the color his his hair. It was a rather vibrant red, almost the same color of her own. And exactly the same color as what she'd just seen in the images in the fountain. That alone set her slightly on edge, though she didn't show it.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 09:20 PM

Julian grinned slightly when she jumped. "Ah. Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you." He seemed to study her for a moment. "You know, staring into a fountain usually means you're either bored or depressed. Which is it?" He tilted his head to the side, waiting for an answer. As he actually looked at the girl. She was rather pretty, though something seemed to alert him about her.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 09:24 PM

"Probably a little of both," Ana replied. She ignored how he was looking her over. It happened all the time when she crossed paths with someone of the opposite gender. "You know, just moved away from home and all that. Mostly bored, though. My classes are pretty much done for the day." She only had one more class that day, and it was a night class. She lived just off-campus in an apartment, so she was going to stop back there later to switch out her books and grab her spelled broomstick. Call her old-fashioned, but she enjoyed the night wind in her hair, and nobody could really see her if she took a short flight in the dark.

Last edited by Mageling; 08-26-2010 at 10:38 PM..

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 09:29 PM

Julian nodded slightly after she finished talking. "I know how that is. Well....if you're not doing anything, I'm a little bored myself and I got about an hour before my next class." He rocked back on his heels slightly, thinking as he looked at her face. "Hmm....do you know your way around town?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM

"Well enough," Ana replied. "Meaning I don't get lost if I stick to the main roads, but the back roads confuse me a bit." At least, if she was driving. Flying was another matter, since it was much easier to see where roads went if you could see for miles. "I guess it depends on where in town you mean to get to."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 09:36 PM

Julian nodded and thought of something else. "Do you know where things are? Like the outdoor market and clubs and stuff?" He was curious if she was the kind to person to go to the clubs.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 PM

"I know where they are, sure," Ana replied. "Who doesn't? I've had to pick up my fair share of drunk friends from the clubs, and I rather like shopping at the outdoor market. They always have wonderful prices on fresh produce, especially in the morning." Not that she was going to say that she mainly shopped there for potion ingredients and herbs. Some things you just kept to yourself.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 09:41 PM

Julian looked slightly disappointed. "So you don't actually go to the clubs to have a good time? Just to pick up friends, huh? Bummer." He put his hands behind his head, leisurely like. "Well. What do you do for fun around here? Maybe we can come to an agreement."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 09:53 PM

"I'm not much one for partying," Ana replied carefully. Alcohol and magic didn't mix well, at all. She looked at him, slightly uneasy. Why was he asking so many questions about her? Bad enough that she'd essentially had a vision about him, or someone who looked like him, and her intuition had been whispering to her for the last ten minutes to be careful around him, that there was something off about him. "Why so curious? If you're trying to pick me up, it's not going to work."

Last edited by Mageling; 08-26-2010 at 10:27 PM..

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 10:17 PM

Julian shrugged. "That's a shame. Everyone needs to cut loose once in awhile." As she kept speaking he looked more embarrased than anything else. "I apologize...if that's what I made it seem like." He rubbed the back of his head for a moment, then sighed. "I'll go. Since I've clearly made an ass of myself." He shoved his hands into his pockets and started to walk away.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 PM

"Do you make it a habit to talk to random girls, then?" Ana asked, curious now, though still cautious. "My name is Ana, by the way. Care to tell me who you are in return?" Something about him still put her on edge, and she was in the habit of listening to her intuition when it told her something. And it was telling her that he wasn't what he seemed. At the same time, she knew he wasn't like her, because she could always recognize her own kind.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Julian did stop walking and looked back at her slightly. "Only ones that seem to be depressed." He tilted his head to the side slightly. "Ana...my name is Julian." He didn't know why she kept talking to him even after he tried to leave. Most people would've just left it alone.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 10:37 PM

"Seems to me I'm not the only one a tad depressed," Ana observed. She wasn't quite sure why she was still talking to him. Maybe she was a bit lonlier than she thought. It wasn't as if she could really let people too close to her, after all. One could never tell who would call the witch hunters down on you and who wouldn't.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 PM

Julian sighed and nodded slightly. "I get depressed when I'm bored or I make an ass of myself. So, you know why I am now." He shrugged slightly and looked at his feet. She was sort of intuitive. Maybe he really should leave now. But, he looked up at her again, this time with a small smile. "I hope you find something to entertain yourself."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 PM

"I probably will," Ana replied, thinking back to the potions she still had to brew to replenish her stock. Mostly they were things that helped with focus and mental clarity, since it WAS a college campus, but every so often there was a demand for a potion or spell that helped to purge things like alcohol from someone's system. "I'm sure you have better things to do than talk to a first year grad student..."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 10:56 PM

Julian wrinkled his brow slightly. "Now who says my things are more important than you?" Though he sighed softly afterwards. "But, truthfully. I really have nothing to do. I was avoiding somebody when I saw you."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 11:02 PM

"Avoiding someone?" Ana repeated. "Well, that sounds interesting." She hadn't had to avoid anyone for a while, not since high school. It was easy enough to cast a blending spell, so she seemed to disappear into the background or into the crowd, and blending spells weren't nearly as hard as flat-out invisibility.

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 11:04 PM

Julian chuckled softly. "Yeah, he's beginning to be a pain in my ass. The old fart." He again wondered why he was still standing there.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-26-2010, 11:08 PM

"Sounds kind of like one of my grandmothers," Ana muttered. Louder, she said, "Well, if you're going to use me as your cover, you may as well sit down and pretend that we're having a real conversation."

The_Moons_Whisper
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-26-2010, 11:13 PM

Julian looked slightly enthusiastic about using her as cover. He sat beside her and smiled. "Well. You sure are useful." He joked.