Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 06-27-2010, 04:23 PM

Andy sighed as she finished hauling boxes into her dorm room. Another year, another new roommate. She was glad she managed to get into a suite this year... It was about time, really. Spending two years in the freshman dorms just wasn't fun, so she was glad to get into the suites as a junior.

Putting down the last box, she made sure she had the paper with the name of her new roommate on it and headed downstairs to the lobby. Time to find the person she had to spend the next two semesters with. She hoped that this roommate would be more open-minded than the last two. She walked over to the sign-in desk.

"Name?" the desk attendant asked, bored.

"Andy Paxton," she replied. The attendant gave her a blank look, and she sighed. "Andrea Paxton?"

"Your roommate has checked in and is on his way upstairs already," the attendant said.

"You're really not helpful," Andy commented. The attendant shrugged, and Andy headed back upstairs. The room door was propped open, so she went in.

"I guess you managed to slip past me," she said to the guy in the room.

Evermore_112
Loving The Peaceful Crash of Hea...
Send a message via Yahoo to Evermore_112

Old 06-27-2010, 06:51 PM

Nathaniel dropped all three of his bags on the living room floor, out of breath. He was one of those 'I refuse to take three trips and instead will tire myself out in one trip' kind of guys. He was already flushed from over exertion as he pushed blond hair off his forehead and turned to look at the girl. "Oh. Guess I did... Sorry, I probably wasn't even paying attention."

"Andrea! Hey!!" Muffled noises of somebody walking on tiled floors. "Andy? Where are you?"

Nathaniel blinked away the noise. "You must be Andria. Or do you prefer Andy? I never know with that kind of name..." He said and held out a hand, stared at it, wiped it on his jeans to clear any sweat from it then held it out again. "I'm Nathaniel, Aniel for short." He said and smiled quietly.

A door slams and somebody runs into grass, fast, and they keep running... "Found you!" Two girls laugh.

Nathaniel smiled, pushing it out of his head, wondering why he got so many flashes at his new school. "I'm a transfer from UTW, Criminal Psychology major. You?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-27-2010, 07:26 PM

"Lived on this campus since I was a freshman," Andy replied as she started to put her things into her 'bedroom'. "My name is Andrea, actually, but I don't mind being called Andy."

Tucking her dark hair behind one ear, she pulled out a large stack of books from a box and put them on the shelf of her desk by hand. It would be so much easier if she could sit on her bed and put everything away remotely, but she didn't want to freak out her roommate. At least, not so early in the school year.

"I'm an English-ILS double major, with a concentration in literature," she said as she put her Writer's Reference copy into her desk. Reaching further into the box, she pulled out a dish and looked at it strangely. "And I'm trying to figure out why I packed my dishes with my textbooks."

Evermore_112

Old 06-27-2010, 09:40 PM

"Very nice..." Nathaniel said and smiled, looking around. "Which room is mine, I wasn't sure where to drag my bags..." He looked around and then at the plate in her hand. Nice, a very comical girl...

"Andrea, you ran out of room in your kitchen box, so I'm going to put the good plates with your books!"

He smiled once more, glanced around and then back at her again. "I'm sure you just ran out of room in the box marked kitchen over there." He pointed to the box which did seem a little packed full. "I'm sorry, I was going to bring house stuff, it's just tiny little car, and my three bags filled it. If we need anything else I can go to Wal-Mart later and buy it." He took a deep breath and spun to stare at the suite again. It wasn't bad. At all. Better than the dorms he'd been staying at at his past college.

"So... What made you choose this college?" He asked and then helped her with the plates.

"Annabelle... Aniel, what do you think?" Aniel glanced at the girl. That was so not her voice, was it. no. It could have been anyone. However it wasn't the first time he'd heard his own future and the future of a girl named Annabelle. Having this power certainly sucked with the non-clarifying portion.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-27-2010, 10:09 PM

"It's one of the only schools that offers ILS as an undergrad degree," Andy replied as she carefully took the dishes out of the box. "That does sound like something my mom would do, come to think of it..." she murmured as she set them aside gently. Louder, she continued, "That's alright. I'm sure we'll accumulate the things we'll need."

Picking up the plates again, she was about to use her powers to reach out and open the cabinet, and stopped herself just in time. She really had to be careful... She was so used to using her telekinesis as a third hand that she didn't think about it anymore. Even as the thought crossed her mind, she had to stop herself from calling her box of kitchen supplies around the corner. The summer vacation really messed with her 'dorm-safe' habits.

Evermore_112

Old 06-27-2010, 10:16 PM

"Do you know an Annabelle?" He asked and opened the cabinet for her before grabbing some more dishes and putting them away. He licked his lips, trying to not blink too much, the 'visions' or well, sounds, gave him headaches and sometimes he blinked too much. "It doesn't matter if you do. Uhmmm.." He grabbed his phone and checked, trying to make himself think about something so his mind wouldn't flip to an audio. The sounds came in waves, so he could go a week without hearing anything at all and then one day it was never ending jibber jabber.

"Do you want to go out tonight? Not like on a date or anything, just show me the town?" He asked with a polite smile. "We are suitemates, might as well know each other... right?" He asked and gave a genuine smile before holding out a set of glasses to her. Something about her irked him and he couldn't tell what it was.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-27-2010, 11:54 PM

"That sounds like fun," Andy replied as she took the glasses and put them away. "I don't want to be out too late, though, I have an early class tomorrow." She rolled her eyes. "Because, you know, everyone wants to be in math at seven-thirty in the morning." An early math class was probably the only class she could get away with floating little ball bearings around in, though, because people were still half-asleep anyways.

"Let me know when you want to leave. There's this great sushi place not too far down Main Street that we can stop at, if that's alright with you," she said.

Evermore_112

Old 06-28-2010, 12:06 AM

"Sushi sounds awesome." He said and grinned. "I'm just going to unpack my bags. I'll back in a moment." He said and grabbed his bags, dragging them to his room and shutting the door. He fell to his knees as audio clips ran through his head. Most with her voice, just random words, he could hear a math lecture and little medal bits falling on what sounded like a plastic desk. He groaned and pushed the sounds out, wishing he had alcohol but his bags were checked upon arrival so he had to ditch the scotch. Whatever dulled the senses, right?

He dug around for cough syrup and grabbed it, taking three gulps and bottling it, cradling his head. He breathed out heavily and nodded. "Alright. Clothes clothes... clothes..." He started unpacking, his mind a little muddy so everything was easier to deal with. "Alright. Clothes done. Bathroom stuff..." He said and grabbed it in an armful and went to the connected bathroom and set his junk out but in an organized and neat fashion, keeping their stuff separated.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are." He said as he came out of his bedroom. He grabbed his wallet and slipped it into his back pocket and nodded.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 AM

As soon as Nathaniel disappeared into his room, Andy went into her own room and started to unpack her things. With the door closed, she felt safe enough to use her powers. Sitting down on her bed, she crossed her legs and fell into a light trance, her eyes half open and unfocused. Raising her hands gracefully, her things obediently lifted out of the boxes and drifted to their proper places. She didn't notice when she started to lift off of the bed herself.

There was a knock on her door just as her last drawer slid closed, and it broke her concentration. She fell back onto her bed with a high-pitched yelp, not expecing to be a full foot in the air.

"It's open," she called, regaining her composure.

Evermore_112

Old 06-28-2010, 12:35 AM

Aniel entered the room when she yelped just to see the bed bounding slightly. She must have been jumping on the bed or something. "You all right in here? I don't want you hurtin' yourself." He said and then gave a quick smile. "I'm ready to go when you are..." He said and then he reached into his pocket. He checked his wallet, put his head against the door and eyed her. She wasn't bad looking at all, he kind of lucked out. Or maybe it was bad luck, he didn't know if he could go a year with the woman looking as good as she did.

"My treat." He then stepped forward and reached up, pointing to a bra hanging from the ceiling fan. "I don't think I want to know. I'll see you outside?" He smirked, and shut the door. What the hell? She was completely and utterly nutters.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-28-2010, 12:42 AM

Andy looked up where he pointed and blushed brightly.

"Oh my god!" she squeaked. Not only was it hanging from the fan, but it was a plain beige bra, not even one of her cute ones. Quickly, she wrapped her mind around it and pulled it down as soon as he left, making the fan shake. How mortifying... Willing one of her drawers to open, she threw the bra into it and slammed it shut again. Grabbing her purse, she checked to make sure everything was in it and went out to the living room, still blushing.

"Sorry about that," she said. "I have no idea how it got up there." Well, no, she knew how it got there. Her control wasn't the best thing in the world when she was manipulating a lot of things. She could already feel the beginnings of a headache from concentrating so hard, and she was glad she kept ibuprofen in her purse.

Evermore_112

Old 06-28-2010, 02:52 AM

"Don't worry about it, sometimes my bras get on my ceiling fan too." He teased, hoping she knew he didn't wear them. He ran a hand through the blond hair, cut shaggy around his head. He knew he needed to cut it, but he liked to think the longer it grew, the more audio-futures/pasts he blocked out. This of course wasn't true, but... Oh well. He blinked blue eyes at the girl and stuck his tongue out a little. "Joking, just joking." He muttered and shook his head.

"Anyways, you ready? Oh, and don't worry I'm not going to judge you. I have plenty of my own little quirks I'm afraid you may have to deal with."

[Sorry it's so short. I had one line to work with.]

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-28-2010, 03:07 AM

((It's alright, I didn't give you much to work with))

"As long as you don't end up collecting boxers on the bathroom floor," Andy replied teasingly. "I think the record stands at fourteen pairs, by my little brother." Digging her keys out of her purse, she walked out of the suite with him and locked the door out of habit. Two years amongst freshman had taught her never to leave the door unlocked. "Come on, my car is out in the parking garage."

Walking out to the garage, she grinned when she saw her little car. It was an older model, almost fifteen years old, but she was fond of the little thing. It served her faithfully for almost two years already.

"My beat-up little car," she said as she unlocked it. "Fair warning, the front passenger window is stuck, so it doesn't open, and the AC needs to be recharged, so it's not as cold as it could be."

Evermore_112

Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 PM

"I'll try and refrain from floor boxer piles in the bathroom, just for you!" He teased and then stretched, pushing out sounds still. "You have a little brother? I do too. What's his name and age, maybe they could visit together when they come and... visit." He hated using the same word twice in a sentence. It was a pet peeve, but sometimes he couldn't help it.

"Wow... Vintage. I like." He said and rubbed the cars hood then slid in. "My car is a little newer, but this has... character." He smiled to the girl and refused to ask why she just decided to take her car. His was perfectly fine. They passed the 2010 Viper on the way out of the lot, but at this point, he was going to stay silent. Why make her feel embarrassed?

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-28-2010, 09:41 PM

"My parents got it used for me a couple years ago," Andy explained as she unlocked the car. Out of habit, she took her GPS out of her purse and clicked it into the holder on the dashboard. By now, she didn't need it to get around town, but she was still directionally challenged anywhere else. "I got my license late, and they were so glad they got me the car."

Turning the key in the ignition, she clicked the key back just slightly so that the electronics would engage. If she didn't, the AC and the windshield wipers wouldn't work, but everything else would.

"My brother's name is Jason, and he just turned sixteen, god help us all," she said as she pulled out of the garage. "He was the kind to play NASCAR and Need For Speed games as a kid, so I refuse to let him drive." She smiled a bit, thinking about how she would yell at him using his first and middle names when she got mad. "I think my mom was reading old Greek plays when she named him. His middle name is Alexander. What about your brother?"

Evermore_112

Old 06-29-2010, 12:06 AM

"My mom was a Bible freak. Noah Cain is my brothers name. If you say it really fast it sounds like Novocaine." He said and grinned, looking out the window. "So, showing me the city you have to use a GPS? Maybe I picked the wrong tour guide..." He teased and then cringed, a sound wave rushing though.

"ANDY! Fuck!" Buttons dialing, tears and a phone ringing.
"911, what's your emergency?"
"Me and my girlfriend, we were driving, and this... animal. We flipped and we're trapped, and my knee hurts... And she won't wake up-"
"Sir what is your position?"
"uhmmm upside...down?"
"I mean location, where's your location?"
"Route 54 south of Riverview, Michigan. We're on vacation from school."
"We've got emergency on the way, stay calm and stay on the phone sir. What's your name?"
"Uhmm, my name is-"

And he didn't get to hear the name, he was kind of glad because he didn't want to know if Andy was that girl, and if he was that guy... or not. The voice was muffled, raspy like he'd just gotten in a bar fight and was totally knockered. Or just flipped a car and screamed till his lungs went out. Sounded like the latter.

"Have you ever wrecked?" He asked, eying the vehicle cautiously.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 AM

"I'm directionally challenged, according to my dad," Andy replied. "Though I don't need my GPS just around town." Aniel sounded a bit dazed for a moment, and she wondered what was wrong. Then he asked if she'd ever wrecked.

"I haven't," she replied. "I try to be a careful driver. The dents on the car were from before me. I learned how to drive in my mom's car, and she loves it to death, so I would have been grounded until I die if I put so much as a scratch on it. From there, it's just kind of habit to keep away from other drivers." Signalling a left, she sat at the red light outside of the sushi place. "You sound a little... out of it. Are you alright?"

Evermore_112

Old 06-29-2010, 02:08 AM

"Wha- Yeah, sorry, I'm fine." He said and then glanced at her with a small smile. "I'm fine, sorry I get... these headaches. Especially recently. Ignore me, I just need a better strength Ibuprofen." He smirked then drummed his finger on the window until they pulled into the restaurant. He checked to make sure he still had his wallet and opened the car door.

"Directionally challenged, huh?" He asked and bit his lip, looking around. "I'm mentally challenged, I can't think about the now, only about the future and past. Makes me a wonderful student because I do my work for the future as soon as I can so I can put it in the past, but I tend to not realize what's going on around me."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 06-29-2010, 02:19 AM

"I procrastinate like nobody's business," Andy replied as she parked the car. "I can't even think about writing a paper until two days before, and I only start it the night before." Getting out of the car, she made sure to lock it.

"Then again, I enjoy trying to defy gravity," she commented absently. She only realized what she said after the words were out of her mouth. "A friend of mine used to have a trampoline," she added hastily. Crisis averted... Hopefully. "Come on, let's get a good table before the rush starts."

Evermore_112

Old 07-09-2010, 06:57 PM

"Trying to defy gravity huh? I'm sure you get a lot of cuts and bruises that way." He smiled and rustled a hand through his hair and then moved towards the doors. He held it open for her and then slowly closed it behind her. His head stung and he heard something new, something he wish he hadn't.

"Annabelle... nnn Annabelle stop doing that. The parents will hear. Annabelle!"

Nathaniel frowned and looked at Andy. She said her name was Andrea, not Annabelle, so... How was he hearing the future of an Annabelle? Maybe it was a different Annabelle, someone in the restaurant. He looked around, as if he would just KNOW who it was. But nope, nothing of course. He didn't even hear her voice. Just a boys, just hitting puberty. This was one of the more confusing one's to decipher. He usually wrote them all down, but with Andy, that may have been hard to explain.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 07-10-2010, 12:49 AM

"I used to," Andy replied. She was surprised when he held the door open for her. "Thanks," she said. She tried not to think about how she liked to pretend to be a Jedi when she was alone, using her power to open the door as if she was using the Force.

Her eyebrows furrowed a bit when he had a slightly pained look on his face. "Are you sure you're alright?" she asked. "I have Tylenol if you need it."

Evermore_112

Old 07-10-2010, 01:22 AM

"You're welcome." He said and then rubbed his temple, nodding. "I'm fine I swear. I think my brain just overloads and tries to have a melt down whenever it wants." He said and then as they were seated, smiled. They weren't really chairs, they were... pillows. He eyed Andy and gave a small smile. "You really like originality don't you?" He asked and looked around again. Who was Annabelle and why did he keep getting pictures of her.

"Tell me about you. Your family, your friends," he said, maybe an Annabelle would come up. He needed to know whos future or past he was hearing, and if Andrea was just a good friend, then maybe she'd been there to witness all the audio moments running through his mind. The cough syrup was wearing off. Quickly.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 07-10-2010, 03:56 AM

"There's something to be said for tradition," Andy replied as she sat down. Picking up her menu, she grinned a bit when the waiter brought her a cup of hot green tea automatically.

"There's not much to my family, really," she said. "I have a little brother who lives life practically at the speed of sound and complains that the rest of the world doesn't move fast enough. My parents are about as normal as they come, so I'm not entirely sure how they ended up with my brother and I." That was because the 'extra' gene skipped a generation in her mother's family, but Andy didn't mention that.

Evermore_112

Old 07-10-2010, 06:07 AM

"Normal, geesh, I wish my family was normal. My brother is a complete gamer nerd, but he is strangely gay. I'm not quite sure I understand him yet." He laughed and shook his head. "He's only my half brother though, my father is actually a step father. He's a used car salesman if that tells you anything. My mother is the cook. She sings about... ALL the time, dances when she cooks. She also claims she can read people's minds. She's a little crazy." He knew for a fact his mother was gifted in the way of telepathy, because it's where he got it from. Her family had a long line of psychics.

"Do you know an Annabelle? I keep hearing about her from around here, but I have no idea who they're talking about." He said and then looked at the menu. "I have no idea what any of this is. Order for me? Whatever you like the most, I want to try." He said and stared at something called Spring Rolls. That didn't even sound like food! But it was the only thing in English.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 AM

"Well, okay, 'normal' isn't the best word," Andy said. "My mother is the one who earns the most money in the family, and my dad is the better cook, though they both can cook. My mom is technologically illiterate, but my dad is like the IT man in the family." She grinned. "My mom needs help navigating her iPhone sometimes."

She glanced at the menu.

"I'll warn you," she said, "I like the raw fish. Tuna, salmon, snapper, all that good stuff. I can tell you what's in most of the rolls, though."