steelmagghia
Not ready for school to start!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 PM

Welcome! This is Lunna Dea:'s and my Valentine's Event Creative questions thread.
Our regular thread can be found here.

The rules are generally as follows:

Here's the deal, Lunna Dea and I will ask a series of questions. YOUR job is to answer them in a way that is both creative and logical. There is no "right" answer, so get into it! The answer can be funny or serious, but you have to give your reasoning (unless it's obvious, like a pun). Lunna and I will decide who the winner is after we feel we have enough responses to our questions.

Prizes: The winner gets a prize of at least 25 gold or an event common from the first two pages of the event store. We MAY give better prizes if we feel your answer was super awesome! See the fourth post for some more information.

Rules:
1)You may answer all or one of our questions
2) You may only answer each question once
3) You may not take someone else's answer
4) Please QUOTE the question that you are answering in your post
5) No videos please. We want this to be your own answer, so it needs to be in your own words. If a video is needed to help illustrate your point, put a link to it rather than embedding it.
6) Chatting in thread is totally awesome and you should feel free to do so!

Last edited by steelmagghia; 02-21-2014 at 02:13 AM..

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 11:14 PM

Steelmagghia's Question

Round 2 question:
Question 1: Valentine's Day was originally called The Feast of Saint Valentine. What would you serve at this feast?

Question 2: Alice in Wonderland was a satire against "new mathematics" of the time, which the author felt was confusing and complicated. What subject would YOU have written the story about?

Question 3: The walrus spoke to the oysters 'of shoes and ships and ceiling wax, of cabbages and kings'. What do you think he might have told them?

Last edited by steelmagghia; 02-17-2014 at 01:21 AM..

Lunna Dea
Lady of Niflheim, Mistress of Sh...
Send a message via Yahoo to Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 11:15 PM

~Lunna's Questions ~

winners are announced.

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 02-21-2014 at 05:39 AM..

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 PM

Steel's Winners/Extras

Thank You To:

Shattered Heart: for the lovely picture currently in our first post!
Eternal Frost: has donated some lovely prizes for the thread. So if you're declared a winner of any of the questions, you may choose one of these event commons. First come, first serve of course.

TOP HAT IS TAKEN!
RED PURTY TOP IS TAKEN!

Round 1 winners:
For Question 1: Arialys: wins first place and gets either 75 gold OR one of the prizes from post 4 on page 1. Honorable mention goes to SuperZombiePotatoe: and Izumi: who both get 25 gold or one of the event commons on the first two pages of the event store.

For Question 2: Seika: is the winner. Because your answer was so awesome, you get 75 gold!
AND second place goes to Izumi: for at least bothering to try. You win 25 goldies.

For Question 3: It turns out that I didn't see one of the ways this question could be interpreted, SO, their will be two winners for this category. One for the ones who answered how the giving of flowers celebrates Valentine's Day and one for the ones who answered how flowers themselves celebrate the day among other flowers (my original intention). :)
The first winner is Shattered Heart: you win 50 goldies OR your choice of one of the event commons on the first two pages of the event store. The second winner is...I can't choose. So SuperZombiePotatoe: and Ravensdance: you both get the same choice as Shattered.

Round 2 Winners:

For question #1, Seika:'s AMAZING menu won me over. I love some of the other snarkier answers as well, but Seika really just knocked it dead. Seika you have the choice of 75 goldies or something from the first 4 pages of the event store for your awesome effort (though if you're going to go with the second option, please do it before the event ends).

For question #2, I choose ~LONGCAT~:'s answer because I think it is very apt for the story and I also know the feeling. Longie, you may have 50 goldies or something from the first two pages of the event store.

For question #3, SuperZombiePotatoe: blew everyone out of the water with her story of Paul the Polisher. I laughed so hard. And it was a great display of creativity. SZP, you get 100 goldies or something from the fourth post on page one (mind the ones that are already gone).

Last edited by steelmagghia; 02-21-2014 at 02:14 AM..

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 11:17 PM

Lunna's Winner's and favorites.

First Questions winner is SuperZombiePotatoe

Second Question winner is Seika

Round 2

Frist question winner is ~LONGCAT~

Second question winner is Seika

Third question winner is a tie between Seika and Hilarbees

Last edited by Lunna Dea; 02-21-2014 at 05:41 AM..

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 11:19 PM

Hehe, okay, NOOOW the thread is open. :) Silly hummy: I'll have a mod remove your post.
Shattered Heart: Ravensdance: WherededIGo: Xogizmoox: Ling: and Eternal Frost: we would love to see you join in our special event version of the thread.

Last edited by steelmagghia; 02-13-2014 at 11:36 PM..

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 11:40 PM

Shattered Heart is at work, WherededIGo is sleeping I think, and I have not see Frost in a few days.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 02-13-2014, 11:44 PM

aw, it was my lucky post, too

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 PM

Aww, sorry hummy! Lunna wanted to keep it cause she thought it was cute, but I had already messaged a mod.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 11:47 PM

Sorry Hummy I not moving fast enough to save it. I tried, but sicky mind not move quick... but I got questions up.

steelmagghia

Old 02-13-2014, 11:55 PM

And I thought Lunna was upset about it.
And Lunna, I was just pinging our regular thread posters, so they knew about the thread whenever they got on. :)

Lunna Dea

Old 02-13-2014, 11:56 PM

oh well I was going to ping them too. two of them I know fallowed me to our thread through our RP's and I changed my signature so it links here not to our main thread.

steelmagghia

Old 02-14-2014, 12:02 AM

Haha, sorry, didn't mean to take that away from you. I'm trying to make things easier on you, I swear!
I need to do my siggy, too.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 12:10 AM

it so tiny from the others you have.... it get swamped. *pats the link* it ok I still like you.

I know your trying to make it easier on me. and thank you for that.

steelmagghia

Old 02-14-2014, 12:14 AM

Haha, yeah, but I did so much with it I was afraid I was going to overwhelm the signature system if I made it bigger. And the picture of my babies never goes away. Lol.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 12:19 AM

well soon you will only have two in your siggy. our question and you babys.

Pistachio_Moustache
Thief of Your Intellectual Prope...

Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 12:20 AM

I shall join the thinking!
:DD

steelmagghia

Old 02-14-2014, 12:20 AM

True, true. In fact, in only a day.

---------- Post added 02-13-2014 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistachio_Moustache View Post
I shall join the thinking!
:DD
Woohoo! *throws confetti at PiM*

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 12:23 AM

Hello there PiM. boy am I slow on seeing that.

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM

Ohhh I found one of your hideouts, Steel! Yay! Hopefully it's OK to sit and chat...I'm having pretty rotten luck playing chance tonight. I have only won once in four games. Are Aces high? I said the card was going to be higher and it was an Ace, and I lost...wha whaaa?

Also I really don't know how to answer your questions. The one about birds and blindness is interesting...and not very romantic.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 01:15 AM

sit and chat is really good to do. need more chat.

steelmagghia

Old 02-14-2014, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumi View Post
Ohhh I found one of your hideouts, Steel! Yay! Hopefully it's OK to sit and chat...I'm having pretty rotten luck playing chance tonight. I have only won once in four games. Are Aces high? I said the card was going to be higher and it was an Ace, and I lost...wha whaaa?

Also I really don't know how to answer your questions. The one about birds and blindness is interesting...and not very romantic.
IZUMI!
It is totally okay to sit and chat. In fact it is awesome. Aces are low. Chance has kicked my butt and various other parts of my body as well today.
Haha, yeah, the questions are basically a thinking exercise. Anything creative works. And my point was to make it unromantic, haha.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 01:21 AM

my kitty came running in my room to tell me he had been doing nothing wrong and cuddle when he got in trouble from my mom.

steelmagghia

Old 02-14-2014, 01:23 AM

Hehe. Kitties. Totally going to play you against each other.

Lunna Dea

Old 02-14-2014, 01:24 AM

so he thought.... it no go. he got his cuddles but I knew he got in trouble. he left now that he knows that I know.