Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 02-14-2009, 04:55 AM

[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/43b54554f5690604c24cd2be16e8f12a.jpg[/imgright]

Valentine's Slumber Party Event Guide and FAQ

Don't know where to go to get the event item rares? Not sure how to collect the feather currency? Not sure about what you're meant to do as a team member or how to join a team? Confused about how the event works in general? This is the thread where you can find the answers to your questions - or, if you're still unclear, please feel free to ask in the thread and get help from others. :)

Please note that this thread is for questions and answers, bug reports and event feedback only. General chat should be kept to the main event thread or user created threads. If you are simply chatting in this thread, it will be considered spam and removed.

The Valentines Slumber Party event runs from February 14, 2009 - February 22, 2009, ending at approximately 6pm Central Time Zone. (Click here to find out what time it is in Central Time Zone right now!)

:heart: Table of Contents :heart:
0. Introduction & Table of Contents
1. Collecting Currency & Event Items
2. Teams & the Pillow Fight
3. Overview & Frequently Asked Questions

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 02-14-2009, 04:57 AM

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/111841f7d959650f7bc4a1083072dea4.jpg[/imgleft]

Event Currency Overview
You will notice that there is only one event currency this event. Don't worry - that's exactly right. :) You're not missing where to find the event store currency - there simply isn't any! Some events will have event store currency, and some will not.

Feathers: How to collect them
There are two ways to collect the Feather currency:

1) Post in the forums.
You will earn 0.25 of a Feather each post you make in the forums. (Meaning for every 4 posts you make, you earn 1 full Feather.)

Spamming will not be tolerated, even if it is an event. Warnings will be handed out the same as on non-event days.

2) Participate in the Pillow Fight.
You have to be a member of a team to participate in the pillow fight. But once you are, you will be able to earn 0 - 2 full Feathers each time you smack a non-teammate. :)

You can learn more about teams and the pillow fight in the next post of this thread.

Feathers: How to use them/Event Items
Mr. Mayor will start handing out gifts on February 15th to thank you for picking up the Feathers so his home doesn't so much resemble a pillow factory exploding by the end of things. :)

To spend your Feathers, visit the main Event Forum page or the "My Status" page [LINK TO COME LATER - CURRENTLY THERE IS NO MY STATUS PAGE] and scroll down to the bottom. On the right-hand side, you will see the "Item Exchange" (screenshot provided by jessieomer) section where you can trade Feathers for the gifts available.

You may collect as many of the gifts as you have feathers for as many times as you like.

Spending feathers does not affect your badge rank.

ITEM EXCHANGE
Top row, left - 24 feathers - Fluffy Pillow
Top row, middle - 24 feathers - Team Floaties
Top row, right - 24 feathers - Blankie
Second row, left - 24 feathers - Romance isn't dead hairpin
Second row, middle - 30 feathers - Drawing Room
Second row, right - 45 feathers - Heartface Fox Slippers
Third row - 45 feathers - Black Heartface Fox Slippers

Last edited by Tre Le Coco; 02-18-2009 at 06:15 AM..

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

[imgright]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/2b0156b0beb9f9a03db341ef0aadd475.jpg[/imgright]

The Four Teams: What to do
If you haven't already - join a team so you can participate in all aspects of the event. :)

It doesn't matter which team you join - the fun of the event is all in what you make of it. There is no real 'goal' to accomplish - just get out there, grab a pillow, and have some fun smacking people senseless! :)

The "winner" of this event is determined on statistics - which team had the most hits-given 'minus' the hits-received from other teams. In short - the team that gave out the most hits and took the least overall wins... bragging rights.

The Solo Pillow-Warrior
There are also personal goals you can achieve by participating in the pillow fights. Your current 'badge' will show up as a pink pillow located under your avatar/above the Fight! button. You can view each 'badge' you have earned by going to your "My Status" page [LINK TO STATUS PAGE WILL COME LATER].

These 'badges' will show up on your My Status page each time you've done enough during the event to earn them. The system will do these automatically - it will not be done by the staff. So if you don't have a badge there, you haven't participated enough in the event to earn one. :)

We will not tell you what the pre-requisites are for earning these 'badges' - you'll have to figure that out as you go! Some have something to do with your EXP (experience points) earned/lost in battles and others have nothing to do with EXP at all!

You do not win gold or items for the badges you earn. It's just a fun thing for you to work towards/try not to earn at all.

Pillow Fighting: For Fun and Profit
To participate, you must be a member of a team. So if you haven't already, go join one.

Every half hour you will be given 20 HP (hit points) and 10 AP (attack points) - it will reset every 30-minute mark. For example: 1:00, 1:30, 2:00; etc. You can check your AP and HP by looking at the Event Information section on the top, right-hand side of the main Event Forum page.

Once your AP is used up, you won't be able to hit anyone and will have to sit out until the next time.

However - if your HP is used up, you can always spend your extra Feathers at the "My Status" page to replenish your HP and get back in the game!

To give someone a smack, look for the <-- Pillow Fight icon underneath someone's avatar. Click it!

As long as you've chosen to hit someone on another team, you have a chance of getting 0 - 2 Feathers for hitting them. Don't worry, your chances of missing your opponent are pretty low. (Unless you attack a teammate - then your chances of missing are high.)

Time-Outs/Knock-Outs
When you're out of AP or HP, you're in what's called a "Time-Out" until the next 30-minute mark. All it really means is that you cannot participate until your AP/HP refreshes. Oh, and you also lose experience points...

Those who are knocked-out now have an animated "winter birdie" icon around their head so you can identify them more easily.

Experience Points
You earn experience points (EXP) for attacking other members in the pillow fight. You lose EXP by being knocked-out by another player. To check your EXP level, look at the Event Information section on the top, right-hand side of the main Event Forum page.

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

[imgleft]http://www.menewsha.com/img/30801/a9547b9c4fa81b6389ff1b1cbdc1b578.jpg[/imgleft]

Overview
A basic review of how the event works.
  • Feathers = Used for Event Item Rares
  • Feathers are collected by posting in the forums and participating in the Pillow Fight by hitting people.

• Unused Feathers will carry over day to day until the end of the Event.
  • However, unused Feathers will disappear after the Event is over.

• You must join a team to be able to participate in the pillow fight.
  • However, you do not have to join a team to enjoy the event.
  • A team's performance is based entirely on the combined statistics of: taking hits and giving hits.

Frequently Asked Questions

This space will be filled with commonly asked questions you guys have about the event. Staff will edit in the answers to questions that seem to be asked a lot.

Q. How long will this event last?
A. Until approximately 6pm Central on February 22nd.

Q. Where are the event clues?
A. There are no event clues. If you have enough feathers to trade to Mr. Mayor to show you're cleaning up after yourself, he'll give you gifts. That's all there is to it this time.

Q. Can you collect Feathers by posting in all forums or only in the event forum?
A. You can collect them in all forums except the Word Games forum.

Q. Can I buy or trade Feathers?
A. No. You'll have to earn your currency on your own!

Q. What time does the next event item rare come out?
A. We're currently aiming for around 2pm Central Time Zone, but this may vary due to unforeseen circumstances. Just hang tight!

Q. Who did the artwork for the event?
A. Omi did the artwork of the team captains for their event threads and the sign-ups page.
YanYan13 did the site layout artwork, including the teaser banners and forum design itself.
YanYan13 also did the Staff event artwork.

Q. Who did the pixeling for this event?
A. A lot of people, as it happens! Only their names will be listed, though they all deserve props individually as well! Tre le Coco, Bisque, Some Random Randomness, and wish04 all deserve your warm praise!

Q. Why isn't there an event store currency this time?
A. It did not fit into our event plan this time.
Please do not expect event store currency to help you get your items every event - they're half-priced during the event itself, which is pretty generous, we think. :) If you don't have the gold, there are various staff-run and user-run contests and games to get you items that you'd like. Take advantage of those opportunities!
And don't forget that the event commons are half-price during the event... you can always get them later. :)

Q. Do I win anything for earning badges? Do teams win anything for winning the event?
Nope.

Jeryck
NPC
NPC

Old 02-14-2009, 04:58 AM

Please feel free to ask questions, post bug reports, and give us your initial feedback on the event!

Happy Valentines!

Vappor1
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Vappor1 Send a message via Yahoo to Vappor1

Old 02-14-2009, 07:43 PM

Kidding. =P
Looks like fun, guys!

d2hiriyuu
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:45 PM

yeah event guide~~!! I liek the pillow fight already.

CrepsleyKabob
(。・ω・&...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:47 PM

Looks fun!

Chi
Dancing to her own beat..
Penpal

Old 02-14-2009, 07:48 PM

Things will hopefully become a little more visually appealing soon. :yes:

Fiyer0
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to Fiyer0

Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 PM

Oh yeah. This must be quite interesting. Let the pillow fight begin.

xmushums
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Ohh, neato. . thanks for the guide ;)

Pretty Handsome Awkward
8D

Old 02-14-2009, 07:53 PM

I still don't get, where to go to spend my feathers D:

Chunsa-chan
Sarang hanindea yo~

SO THAT'S HOW THE AP WORKS!!!

Elmira Swift
Curator of Alluvium

Penpal

Chi - it looks great now. Just glad that it's up and running - again thank you all for your hard work on this!

[.j o y z]
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:55 PM

Oooh, -reads posts-

I get it noww!! x DD
Thansk!! x 3

Happy Valentines' day! C x

XxXshizuki-chanXxX
Loevly Rose Child

Old 02-14-2009, 07:57 PM

awesomeness!!! thanks for this amazing event <333

*gets all decked out in new valentine commons*

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-14-2009, 07:57 PM

Thank you for putting these up. :hug:
I hope everyone has a fun event.

Risque
bing chilling

Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Yay, helpful FAQ. I'm still waiting for the link to our status page, though. XD

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 PM

;3; Does this mean that Anna has to pay to get her commons? xD; Curses! I was hoping these feathers would be used in the Event Shop!

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 02-14-2009, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dystopia View Post
;3; Does this mean that Anna has to pay to get her commons? xD; Curses! I was hoping these feathers would be used in the Event Shop!
:3 *nods* commons can only be bought with gold. <3

Mama Juru
Why you crying?
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-14-2009, 08:09 PM

There is no event item today, so all you'll do is collect the feathers. Tomorrow there will be an item available. Links and all that will come later tonight.

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2009, 08:09 PM

It seems the link to the Status page in the FAQ is missing. D;

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 02-14-2009, 08:10 PM

As the layout for the event isn't up yet, I can only guess that the status page is a part of that. It will be up later tonight. (or there abouts)

linkfreak131
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2009, 08:11 PM

Ah, ok then. Just making sure it wasn't hiding from me or anything. XD

kyrai999
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-14-2009, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Once your AP is used up, you won't be able to hit anyone and will have to sit out until the next time.
However - if your HP is used up, you can always spend your extra Feathers at the "My Status" page to replenish your HP and get back in the game!

how do you get to the 'my status' page?
sorry It may be right if front of me but am still new to mene and getting around.