ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 09-21-2012, 01:47 AM

Hey everybody! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays, and I'm always ecstatic to see it nearing every year.

I was originally going to make this thread to discuss favorite Halloween costumes, but decided to just make it a catch all for Halloween discussion.

So, Spoonies (put in quote marks if you copy them):
  • Favorite thing to dress up as on Halloween?
  • Favorite Halloween candy?
  • Favorite Halloween activities?
  • Best Halloween memories?
  • Etc.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 09-21-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElysiumFate View Post
  • Favorite thing to dress up as on Halloween? Zombie witch
  • Favorite Halloween candy? Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  • Favorite Halloween activities? Trick-or-treating
  • Best Halloween memories? Attending a halloween party in elementary school
  • Etc.
I have to say that I love dark chocolate the most. Some of my friends want to go trick-or-treating this Halloween. I'm so down. haha

Admonish Misconstruction
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-21-2012, 06:41 PM

Last Halloween the mates and I were working on my car. Later on we donned some horse heads and munched down on some junk food while watching a movie or something. At the time we didn't even realize it was Halloween.

I have a feeling this Halloween's going to be the same.

Mimmu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-21-2012, 07:01 PM

Halloween is not that big thing in Finland. We honor the deads on Halloween, bring some flowers to graves and burn candels...

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 09-22-2012, 04:58 PM

The only reason Halloween isn't my #1 holiday is because, I get presents for Christmas. *laughs*

Every year I have a Halloween party at my house for my friends. This year its fairy tale theme. My first theme year. I'm going as a sexy red riding hood, that'll walk around with a basket of booze and shot glasses. That yearly party is my favorite memory. All my friends gathered together, just having fun, no drama, good food.

My favorite candy is def. Tootsie rolls, the giant ones. ^.^

Superstition
\ (•◡•) /

Old 09-22-2012, 07:00 PM

Oh man, you want me to choose a favorite candy?? Well, it'd have to be candy pumpkins!! You know, the ones you get with the candy corn mix! Love those!! Last year I didn't have much money, so I bought a black T-shirt from Walmart that said "Budget Ninja Costume" in glow and the dark letters. Wore that with black pants, black socks, and threw my hair in a bun I gotta say, if I EVER have the money, I want to make a genuine Jedi costume - complete with robe and lightsaber!!

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 09-24-2012, 12:47 AM

I have no plans to dress up. Not many people around here really have the Halloween spirit anymore and I am too old to trick or treat anyway. I kept my aunt company a couple years ago while my cousin and her friend went around and I noticed hardly any decorated houses. One of the best ones since my childhood was actually bare and I don't think even giving out candy. There were even less kids around.

In my childhood the streets and house were alive with the Halloween spirit.

If anything I have some vampire makeup, blood and fangs left over from 2010 so I would just do that.

One of my favorite years was the seventh grade when my best friend and I collaborated, she went as an Angel and I the Devil(although my costume sucked because all I could find was this stupid female version with a dress thing ick).

My favorite candy is Almond Joy, I also enjoy Twix, Peanut M&Ms, Haribo bears, and Twin Cherries.

UPDATE: It seems my best friend is having one of her old halloween parties again, so I will be dressing up. I will be wearing my old vampire makeup and fangs from a couple of years ago and my leather jacket and jeans to look like the vampire character in my sig from the syfy series Being Human. It's his trademark outfit. I am very excited.

Last edited by Darkness Within; 09-29-2012 at 09:16 PM..

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 10-22-2012, 02:48 AM

My favorite halloween candy is Willy Wonka Bottlecaps. I don't know where they hide those the rest of the year, but they just don't seem to exist any time but Halloween!

Halloween is pretty much the only time I let myself in all sorts of candies (in moderation!) so I also love reese's peanut butter cups, 3 musketeers, milky way, smarties, sweet tarts, and nerds. If I pass out candy to trick or treaters, I always make sure to buy candy that has some of those in it, so I can keep a few for myself.

Mimiroppu
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Mimiroppu

Old 10-24-2012, 11:10 AM

Honestly, the best Halloween memories I have are probably from the Halloween party I just went to the other day. It was laid back, fun, and despite the number of people it was really comfortable! It was a doll meetup (for ABJDs). I didn't have a costume for my dolls (too late to make or order any), and I was going to dress as a pirate, but unfortunately that fell through at the last minute. My fiancee had an amazing costume, though, so that more than made up for it.

For Halloween, I might dress up as either a pirate or Jem from Jem and the Holograms.

I love Halloween, even though I hate being scared. I don't know why; I just love it.