Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-22-2019, 04:14 PM

I hope this is the best place for this post. 😬

Anyway, as the title suggest, what's the most gold you've ever had on here? The amount I have now (almost 1.4k) is the most I can remember ever having, but I also haven't been on here too much.

As a follow-up question, how did you earn that amount? I would say I probably earned most, if not all, of mine through posting. I can't remember if I've ever sold anything in the marketplace.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 04:33 AM

Right now I have 23k. I'm sure I've had at least 50k before. I used to keep rather large stores, though it's not so big now. I have gotten it pretty solidly through posting. I almost never play the games and don't get much from them anyway and what little selling I've done is mostly on my mule.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2019, 09:33 AM

I think I currently have around 160k on my mule? I earned most of it from posting and playing games over the years~ Occasionally I win some gold from a contest so that helped too.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-23-2019, 01:19 PM

Wow, that's impressive! Maybe one day I'll get there too.
Also, I forgot about games! Might have to go play some of those, although I recall not being very good at them.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 01:22 AM

I've found it's a lot easier to make gold these days since each letter gives you 0.2 gold instead of 0.01 gold as it was originally back in the day.

Tetris is the easiest way for me to make gold, I've never been able to make more than 20 game a round on the other games, while I can usually get the max 50 per game on Tetris.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-24-2019, 10:40 AM

Oh, cool, I always wondered how the gold amount was calculated, since it's usually not a nice, round number.

I shall have to try Tetris then! Thanks for the tip. :D

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 01:05 PM

Yeah...I found out that the gold was increased to 0.2 soon after I returned to the site and I had this 0.02 gold stuck because there's no such increment anymore. Mr. Wrong was kind enough to take it off my hands during an event so I finally have a more even number now.

You only have to get to 26,000 points on Tetris to make it to the max 50 gold per game. Any more than that won't give you more so I usually suicide once I reach that number and start over on my next round.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 04-24-2019, 06:11 PM

I remember the cap for the amount of gold you can earn per post increasing, though I don't know if the increase per character increased then. I didn't really notice that.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:24 AM

It was originally 0.01g per character when I first joined, though I remember it increasing to 0.02g after a while?? And we get 0.1 gold for every reply we receive for a thread that we created.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 02:36 AM

Thanks for the additional info on gold earning from posts AND Tetris! 😁
I'm pretty sure this is now the most gold I've ever had on here, haha. 5k, here I come!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:56 AM

You're welcome! I know some people find other games easier to make gold from, Tetris is just my personal thing because I couldn't really manage to make much from the other games.

And woot woot! You'll get there in no time at all!

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 10:28 AM

I'm not really any good at any of the games, haha. I wish there was some kind of word game, that would be fun.

I'm hoping so! I'm glad there have been enough active threads for me to post in, that's helped a lot. 😊

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 01:06 PM

I guess the only word games we have are those in the Word Games forum.

Yeah, I've been happy with having threads to respond to I hate logging on after it's been hours and find that nothing's happened during that time.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 01:58 PM

Yeah, that's true, and you do earn gold for those! I meant something like a crossword puzzle or word search or something, but I'll settle for the word games forum.

Aww, that's definitely not fun. I'm trying to keep up with making a few new threads so it doesn't get too stale! I understand that they're not all going to be topics that everyone wants to respond to, though.
I think people are going to be sick of seeing me everywhere after a while. xD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-25-2019, 02:55 PM

Word Games used to not make any gold for their posts so it was pretty dead for a while, but then gold earning was enabled and there was a rush of posts. I miss those days *likes posting in Word Games*

I sometimes try to come up with new topics to make threads, but I'm not very good at coming up with things to post about so I tend to just reply to other people's threads.

I hope not! Sometimes I wonder if people are sick of seeing my posts too ;;;

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-25-2019, 03:49 PM

Word Games is a fun place. I like that you don't have to put too much thought into it. Sometimes mindless posting is where it's at. 😛

That's okay. I don't think I'm very good at coming up with topics either, but I figure it's better than pretty much always lurking like I usually do. That doesn't really help any. And your replies help my topics not die, haha. 😊

Aw, I doubt that! I like seeing your posts.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:42 AM

Yeah, the games are all pretty simple but fun enough to pass the time with.

I try! ;;;

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:49 AM

I used to kind of hate them because I was still putting too much thought into them to enjoy them but now I just go with whatever pops into my head that fits and I'm much happier about it.

😊 I think I've chatted with you the most so far, haha.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 03:07 AM

I remember playing video games and being so OCD about things in it that it ended up taking a lot of the fun out of them so I've been trying to force myself to relax more...it's a work in progress.

lol Yay? Perks of being able to be online at work; I get to post lots!

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 12:23 PM

Oh no, that certainly would take the fun out of them. At least you've realized it and are working on it. 😊

Haha, that does help! I only work part-time so I currently have a bunch of free time to spend on here. 😛

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-26-2019, 01:36 PM

Yeah, I'd go through every nook and cranny or do quests in a certain order and it just ended up exhausting and stressing me out rather than being fun after a while. I'm trying to get myself to relax and not care about all the details but darn my OCD sometimes. ;;

Ohh what kind of work do you do?

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-26-2019, 04:51 PM

Oh, I've had that same problem! I think I overthink it when it's just supposed to be fun. 😅

I'm a personal assistant part-time. What kind of work do you do?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-27-2019, 06:51 AM

Yeah, on one hand I envy those who can just casually breeze through a dungeon without going through everything, on the other hand my OCD is screaming at them to pick up those items! Why are you leaving them behind! Pick them up! Nooo don't go!!

I work as a secretary right now I take care of some reports and whatnot, though mostly it's just random stuff here and there like remembering to order water or tissue paper whenever we run out, make sure to keep track of how many stuff were used and to restock before they run out, etc.

Cinderella
Boop!

Old 04-30-2019, 12:06 AM

Haha, so true. Doing dungeons quickly is nice, but...so is doing every little thing! 😛

Oh, that's nice. 😊 I've applied to be a secretary but I don't really have the experience so no one's gotten back to me. Do you like it?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-30-2019, 01:11 AM

Sometimes I even check every single barrel or urn despite knowing that they contain mostly nothing but trash items. But knowing that they sometimes, occasionally might contain something useful and I spend ten minutes going through them all.

Well...I don't really like any of my jobs that I've worked in (secretary, assistant, administrative officer, etc.) but one's gotta pay the bills somehow. They're all pretty detail-oriented and I've naturally got several screws loose so details don't come easily to me. My current job is pretty okay though, it's detail oriented but whenever we're not busy I get to do whatever I like and my co-workers (not counting the manager and boss) are pretty chill.

What about you? Do you like your job?