Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 08-10-2008, 05:38 AM

I didn't see any other threads for it, so...

Does anyone else like country music?
If so, who's your favorite singer?
Do you prefer traditional or modern country?
Did you watch Nashville Star?
Edit: Or other country reality shows? [i.e. Gone Country, that sort of thing...]

Last edited by Michy Lea; 08-13-2008 at 12:22 AM..

blitzy
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-10-2008, 06:22 AM

I love country music. My favorite singer is Reba McEntyre. She has a really great voice.

I like both traditional and modern country, but I prefer modern.

And no I don't watch Nashville Star. I'm not really into tv talent competions.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Michy Lea Send a message via MSN to Michy Lea Send a message via Yahoo to Michy Lea

Old 08-10-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzy View Post
I love country music. My favorite singer is Reba McEntyre. She has a really great voice.

I like both traditional and modern country, but I prefer modern.

And no I don't watch Nashville Star. I'm not really into tv talent competions.
Reba does have a great voice, very unique. I love her new single, the duet with Kenny Chesney.

a_shy_girl_1999
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to a_shy_girl_1999

Old 08-12-2008, 07:34 PM

I have two actually that I like .. LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood. I have been listening to country music since I was a little girl and I still love it. Right now I like one of Carrie's new songs "Just a Dream" ... I know it's sad but it has such a strong message about loved ones loosing family members who get killed in war.

My favorite types are music are:
Catholic/Christian - Country - Anime ... and the occasional J-pop.

I can't say that I have ever watched Nashville Star .. I have seen previews on CMT but I never actually watched it. Although I watched American Idol since the 2nd season. (I believe) ...

Last edited by a_shy_girl_1999; 08-12-2008 at 07:36 PM..

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-13-2008, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_shy_girl_1999 View Post
I have two actually that I like .. LeAnn Rimes and Carrie Underwood. I have been listening to country music since I was a little girl and I still love it. Right now I like one of Carrie's new songs "Just a Dream" ... I know it's sad but it has such a strong message about loved ones loosing family members who get killed in war.

My favorite types are music are:
Catholic/Christian - Country - Anime ... and the occasional J-pop.

I can't say that I have ever watched Nashville Star .. I have seen previews on CMT but I never actually watched it. Although I watched American Idol since the 2nd season. (I believe) ...
I like LeAnn Rimes. I had stopped liking her for a couple years, but I'm liking most of her newer stuff these days. I'm not a big Carrie Underwood fan. Probably because she gets played so much. I do like "Just a Dream", though. I've only heard it a few times.

I like Christian music, too. I haven't listened to any anime or J-pop. I've listened to one CD of Ayumi Hamasaki (spelling?), but I'm not sure what genre she is.

I watch American Idol auditions. I'm not really into the rest of it.

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 08-21-2008, 06:59 PM

lyrically Country is fun to listen to
but i am not a huge follower of it.

i admit i am more into Country Rock

[L]ove[H]ate
(◎_◎;)
Banned

Old 08-22-2008, 03:54 AM

I like country, but not as much as my metal and rock!~ My parents and sister are a big fan of country though. xD

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 08-27-2008, 07:37 PM

@ Bunai: I like rock-influenced country. It's better than pop-influenced country. I agree with you on the lyrics part.

@[L]ove[H]ate: I don't think I've ever actually listened to metal.

Kay
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-13-2008, 03:46 PM

^_^, I am a big fan of country music. Kind of funny considering I used not like country music very much, but now I love country music. If I had to say who my favorite country singer would be, i t would either be Garth Brooks, or Reba McEntyre.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 12-13-2008, 11:20 PM

The only country I listen to is Reba McEntire, Billy Ray Cyrus, and Candy Coburn.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 AM

A lot of people are naming Reba. I didn't know she was that popular these days.

Garth is really good. I love most of his songs. He (and Reba) puts a lot of feeling into the songs, and I'm a sucker for that.

I love Billy Ray Cyrus. I've never known many people who like him.

I have no clue who Candy Coburn is.

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 12-15-2008, 04:14 PM

I used to like country, but now it just annoys me. Also, I don't listen to it any more because alot of songs are about cancer, and whenever I hear one of those songs, I have a panic attack.

Michy Lea
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-16-2008, 12:23 AM

I can't really think of too many cancer-related songs off the top of my head. Just "Skin" by Rascal Flatts, "What Do You Say" by Reba McEntire, "Streets of Heaven" by Sherrie Austin, "Braid My Hair" by Randy Owen, and "What If She's an Angel" by Tommy Shane Steiner. Oh, and I guess maybe "God's Will" by Martina McBride. They don't really play any of those on the radio anymore, at least not the stations I listen to.

Last edited by Michy Lea; 12-16-2008 at 12:25 AM..

wade16

Old 08-29-2009, 07:27 AM

I think it is the best...

Gary Stargazer
Kitsune of Lust
Send a message via AIM to Gary Stargazer Send a message via MSN to Gary Stargazer Send a message via Yahoo to Gary Stargazer

Old 08-29-2009, 07:29 AM

I can listen to a small amount of country music. mostly older artists like Alabama & Garth Brooks. The newer country sounds too much like pop. and i never liked the crying in my beer stuff. Xd

wade16

Old 08-29-2009, 07:30 AM

Yea thats true.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-29-2009, 05:22 PM

wade16, I've merged your thread with our original Country topic in the Music subforum.

Always make sure you're in the right place before posting a new thread. :yes:

VampiressMistress1234
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to VampiressMistress1234

Old 08-29-2009, 08:32 PM

i love country music i like the mondern country then the old country music my fav country singer would be carie underwood, reba, and brad paisley