View Poll Results: Would you rather be given a CI set for a prize instead of gold?
Yes 2 33.33%
No 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

The Assassin Game Account
Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 05:52 PM

Hello!
Welcome to the Assassination Game!

Read the thread's rules before you post here. Failure to follow the rules is disrespectful to everyone who posts in this thread.

This game is based upon the game that Knerd hosted during the Halloween '08 event. If you're curious as to why that has inspired this, you may snoop around that thread by clicking this link!

Now, the rules of this game won't be exactly the same as the one Knerd hosted. Why? Because the search feature was disabled for the game during the event, but it's back up and running now.

This is also a hangout thread. You don't have to play the game to hang out and chat here.

The basics of the game:

Each player is assigned a victim and a codeword. If the victim says the codeword (yes, you can trick them into saying it), they're 'dead'. The assassin inherits their victim's victim and codeword, and the game continues on.

This game is hosted by Insane Cricket.

We has banner! Thanks to Lumi for our awesome new banner. It kicks epic ass. <3

Quote:
[url=http://tinyurl.com/5uoju7][img]http://tinyurl.com/6ldhpy[/img][/url]

Announcement!

Those of you who are on the thread regulars list are invited to link to your quest and exchange threads either in this thread or by PMing them to the game account. Your links will then be placed in the post with the other outgoing links.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 05-06-2009 at 06:19 PM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 05:58 PM

Current round information.X

Current round information:

Sign-ups for round seven are now open. Round seven will begin on Friday, June 5th, at 5pm CST.

Round seven will be brought to you by Insane Cricket.

ATTENTION!

Read all the rules before applying for the game. We've had trouble with several people not reading the rules and not understanding why there is an entry fee. It is a small entry fee, and everything is explained clearly somewhere on the first page. So please, read the entire first page, from the introduction all the way to the post showing the past winners of the game.

Odds are that if you have a question about the game/thread, that you will find your answer somewhere on the first page. If you have questions that you can't find answers for on the front page, feel free to ask questions in this thread or PM them to the game account. If you ask a question that has already been answered on the front page, you will be told to go back and read everything. So don't be lazy with your reading, please.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 04-23-2009 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Extending sign-ups

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 PM

How to apply -- Please read the rules and game F.A.Q. before applying.X

How to apply for the game:

Fill out the form below and PM it to this account with 'I feel like murder' as the subject.
Quote:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]*If you have a mule account, what is its username?:[/B]
[B]Your timezone:[/B]
[B]What hours are you usually online?:[/B]
[B]What days of the week are you usually online?:[/B]
* Your mule information is required and will not be given out to the other players. The purpose of knowing this information is to make sure there isn't any cheating going on.
[Please leave your answers plain and not bold. Thank you.]

Once you've PMed the application, send a donation of 55g to this account.* The joining fee will go towards the prize, as will any gold made by playing games or posting on this account. If you don't have 55g at the time of applying, send an item worth at least 100g (so if sold to the sell-back store it'll amount to 50g or more) instead. The winner of the current round can keep or sell any clothing items that are in the prize-pot once the round has been won.

Applications that are in the donation message and not in a separate PM will be disregarded and the entry fee will be returned. However, you will not be able to apply again until the next round. All participants must send in their entry fee before the start of the round in order to play. Any and all donations sent after the start of the round will be considered as an addition to the prize pot and will NOT be refunded.

Do not delete any part of the application form. If you don't have a mule, simply put 'no mule' or 'n/a' in the slot for the mule. Do not delete the part of the form asking for the name of your mule account if you don't have a mule. If you don't have a mule, but have access to a charity account or someone else's account, you must list that account. This also goes for if you have a mule account. You need to include the names of any and all accounts you have access to.

*The joining fee must be sent in the form of a donation.

How to confirm your kill:
[There are two ways to kill people.]

The assassin's way to kill:

Take a screenshot of your victim saying the word. Do not edit this screenshot in any way, shape, or form! That includes cropping! If the screenshot is edited in any way, the kill will not count, and you will be disqualified from the current round. If you do this twice, you will be banned from playing this game.

PM the screenshot (and the URL to the page you took it on) to this account with 'Can I has a victim?' in the subject line, as well as the following form:
Quote:
[B]Victim's username:[/B]
[B]Codeword:[/B]
[B]Screenshot:[/B]
[B]Page URL:[/B]
The victim's way to kill:

If you suspect who your assassin is and you believe you know your codeword, send a PM to this account with 'They're trying to kill me!' as the subject, and fill out the following form:

Quote:
[B]Your assassin's username:[/B]
[B]The codeword:[/B]
[B]Why you've come to this conclusion:[/B]
If you're correct, your assassin will be sent to the graveyard and added as your kill. Please, this is not a guessing game. Only attempt this if you are at least 85% certain that the person is your assassin. You'll only be told 'yes' if you get both the person and the codeword correct. If you're found to be abusing this, you'll be warned, and possibly banned from making further guesses in the current round, and perhaps even future rounds.

If you die:

If and when you're killed, you will be PMed your obituary and your name will be added to the graveyard. If you wish to know the name of your killer and the codeword that killed you, you'll have to ask in the thread. Killers may reveal themselves to victims if they so choose to. Please quote your obituary in the thread, as the other players find them highly amusing to read.

IN ADDTION:

1) If it's discovered that you have a mule account and you haven't listed it in your application, you will be disqualified from playing the game and your entry fee will not be refunded.

2) The entry fee may be sent from mule accounts or main accounts, it doesn't matter.

*New policy, as of December 18th: You must send the entry fee within twenty-four hours of sending in your application. Failure to do so will result in you not being allowed to play in the current round.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:57 AM.. Reason: New policy regarding the entry fee

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:11 PM

Rules -- Read the hangout rules before posting in this thread. Read both the game and hangout rules before applying for the game.X

Rules!
[Because without rules there wouldn't be any point.]

Gameplay rules:

1) Gameplay starts after the very last PM containing the player information has been sent out. Any kills made before the official start of the round will not count.

- The official start time of the round will be added to the second post when the round officially starts.

2) Because the search feature is fully functional again (it was turned off during the original Assassin game during the Halloween '08 event), a kill will only count if the victim has said the word during the current round of the game.

3) You must post in this thread a minimum of ten times a day. While we understand that sometimes you might not be online for a day or to, if it's discovered that during the days you were away from this thread that you were posting in other threads, you will receive a warning. If you can post in other threads when you're pressed for time,
you can post here too.p
- As of the beginning of round seven, the post requirement will be increased to twelve posts in this thread a day per player.

4) It is preferred that kills take place in this thread, though not required.

5) You must give us the name of your mule (if you have one) when applying for this game. If you have access to any other accounts (charity or otherwise) you must also give the names of those as well.

6) New codewords may be handed out, but only if the current host of the round finds it appropriate.

7) Although trickery is allowed, any dirty tricks involving mule accounts (changing their names to have the codeword in it) are considered underhanded. If you are caught doing this you will be disqualified from the current round, and doing it in any future rounds will result in a ban from playing in future rounds.

8) In this version, we're hoping that there will be a top assassin among the rest. If there are multiple people tied for first place at the end of the round, there will be a tie breaker. The deep dark circumstances are for the hosts to know, but trust me, it'll work. >:D

9) More rules may be added as necessary.

10) If you have any questions about the game, please PM them to this account with 'I have a question' as the subject.

11) Those playing the game must also follow the hangout rules of this thread.

12) You may participate using your mule account, that is allowed. However, participating in unregistered mules is not allowed and you will receive a warning for doing so. If you have a mule account, add its information to the sign-up form. Thank you.

13) Just posting and saying generic things isn't considered playing the game fairly. Join in on the conversation! Sometimes generic things are called for, but the majority of the time, they don't really have a place here. So make sure to actually converse and interact with other thread members.

14) The host of the current round holds the right to increase or decrease the amount of posts required daily for everyone or just a single individual.

- Starting at the beginning of round seven, individual post requirements may be assigned to any single player along with their victim and codeword. This is more likely to occur if the player has played in one or more rounds of the game previously and has a bad history with meeting the daily post requirement.

15) Do not ignore private messages sent to you by the game account! If you have applied for the game and you're sent a message reminding you to send the entry fee then send the entry fee or reply to the PM directly!* -- How to apply and play the game is very clearly written out in post #3, the post directly above this. If you cannot understand the concept of the entry fee and how to send it, than don't bother applying for the game. It wastes the host's time and it wastes your time.

People who behave like this upon applying will be banned from playing the current round of the game. They will be given three chances. After three strikes, you're banned from the game for good.

*PMs sent assigning victims do not have to be replied to. Warnings for not posting in the thread, for not sending the entry fee, or for breaking the thread rules must be replied to.

Hangout rules:

1) Follow the ToS.

2) No drama, please.

3) This is a literate thread, which means:
- Use proper capitalization.
- Paragraphs are your friend.
- Punctuation is an absolute must.
- Chatspeak is for losers. (However, the following chatspeak will be allowed: Lol and Wtf.) Spell out your words, people!
- Please try your best to spell properly.
- Grammar is good.
- Emotes, whether text or image, are not written word, and therefore belong after punctuation.
- Emotes - although the majority are round - are not a period or other forms of acceptable punctuation. Use periods regardless of whether you use an emote or not.

4) Please don't overly abuse emotes, it gets annoying.

5) This is also a hangout thread; you don't have to play the game to post here.

6) Not all users banned from playing the game are banned from hanging out here (unless otherwise stated in the blacklist).

7) More rules may be added for whatever reason.

8) It is politely requested that you refrain from using blindingly bright font colors, as one of the hosts (Cricket) has very sensitive eyes.

9) If you're having relationship trouble and you talk about it in the thread, don't get annoyed if someone tells you their valid opinion and you don't like it. You can't expect everyone to share your opinion, and if you're discussing it in the open than everyone who observes the conversation is allowed their own opinion, like it or not. Don't want negative feedback? Then don't talk about it in the first place.

10) Respect this thread's rules. Don't back talk when reminded of them. If you can't respect the thread's rules then don't post here at all. Occasional literary slip ups are allowed, but being defiant when reminded of the literacy rules will get you blacklisted from the thread.

11) Please don't glorify recreational drug usage, drunken behavior, or reckless sexual behavior.
- If you have a drug related image in your signature, please either remove it or don't show your signature while in this thread. Thank you.

12) Thread regulars are expected to enforce the thread's rules as the hosts would. If it's found that they aren't making at least an effort, they will be removed from the regulars list, though will not be banned from the through.

13) If you have an image or text in your signature that flashes or moves very quickly, please disable your signature while in this thread. Some people might have medical problems that can be triggered by flashing/quickly moving images.

14) No lurking. I'm serious. If we see you at the bottom of the page over and over again and yet you never bother posting here, then why are you here? Spying isn't appreciated. If you're going to be in this thread, then partake in conversation, please.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 03:05 AM.. Reason: Adjusting the rules...

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:15 PM

Graveyard:

[Rest in peace, little fishies.]

Suicides:
[All the little fishies that forgot to swim.]

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-16-2009 at 12:05 AM.. Reason: Cleaning out the list

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:24 PM

Hall of FameX

Hall of Fame
[Those who are a 'cut' above the rest. :D]

.Simplicity. - Winner of round one with a total of six kills.
- Winner of round four with a total of four kills.
Lumi - Winner of round two with a total of two kills.
Ox3tyi - Winner of round three with a total of three kills.
Saelia - Winner of round five with four kills.
- Winner of round six with two kills.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:50 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:32 PM

Thread regulars:
[The players and the played.]

Insane Cricket
Secretdae007
Saelia
Elmira Swift
Kierys

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-16-2009 at 12:06 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:35 PM

Blacklist!
[You've been a naughty, naughty boy.]

Banned from round seven:

Banned from the game:
Sofa King Cool - J l Z Z

Banned from posting here at all:
goldfish67
Vixen with a Vendetta - Lestat
Gromire
Lullaby For You
x_Kiwi_x
Trystan
Esmereina

--
Any users banned from the thread are also banned from playing the game. This should be obvious, but sometimes people are completely oblivious to what should be common sense.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-11-2009 at 12:00 AM.. Reason: Stamping 'Rejected' on yet another face.

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM

Game F.A.Q. -- Make sure to read this if you want to play!X

F. A. Q.
[Because I'm sure people will have questions about the game.]

Q: If my victim quotes the codeword, does that count as a kill?
A: No. Your victim has to type the codeword in order to die. If they have quoted it and then type it in the same post, that counts.

Q: You can kill them if that word's in a post right?
A: Yes, that's the main way of killing, actually. ^^;;

Q: Do blog posts made after the start of this round count too? Or only posts?
A: If your victim has said the fatal codeword in their blog and the entry was posted after the official start time of the current round, then yes, it counts.

Q: If my victim says the codeword to me in a PM, does it count?
A: No. There is no way for me to check your PMs to confirm that they actually said it.

Q: Can I add the game account to my friend's list?
A: Go for it. If you're a regular of the thread, whether or not you play the game, go ahead. If you don't hang out here though, then there really isn't any point in adding the thread account to your friends, now is there?

Q: I made a mule account after I already signed up/after the round began. I don't have to register it until the next round, right?
A: Wrong. If you make a mule account during any time after signing up for a round, you must register your mule with the game. This even applies for people who make a mule account after being killed in the round.

Q: I don't plan on using my mule account to play the game. Do I have to register it?
A: Yes. It's to ensure fairness to everyone. Anyone caught using a mule account that hasn't been registered with the game will be disqualified from the current round.

Q: Do I have to pay an additional entrance fee for my mule account?
A: No. You only pay one entrance fee per round, even when you use a mule account.

Q: My victim said the codeword while on their mule account! But that doesn't count as a kill, does it?
A: If you know for a fact that the account belongs to your victim, and that account is registered with the game (all mule accounts must be registered to prevent cheating) then yes, it counts as a kill.

Q: I registered my mule account with the game. Do I have to make ten posts in the thread with both my main and my mule?
A: No. You can make several posts in your main and several on your mule, you can make your posts completely on your mule, or completely on your main. You don't have to post with your mule at all in the thread if you don't want to.

Q: Haha! My assassin will never find me because I'm hiding in my mule account! I'm not breaking the rules, am I? After all, it's my assassin's problem they can't figure out it's me.
A: Wrong. Hiding in your mule account from your assassin is cheating. If you're found to be doing this your mule information will be given to your assassin, or you'll be disqualified. This is about fairness.

Q: I don't feel comfortable about registering my mule with the game. Can't you just trust that I won't cheat?
A: While in the perfect world, no one would cheat, this is far from the perfect world. If you don't feel comfortable with giving out your mule information, then I'm afraid that you just shouldn't play.

Q: My computer has trouble with screenshots, but I really want to play! Can you make an exception for me?
A: Sometimes people's computers just don't get along with screenshots. If this is the case, but you'd still like to play, fill out the form and to the bottom please explain the situation. Be completely honest in your reasons for why you can't take a screenshot. You might be able to play regardless. However, this is a case-by-case exception. Just because one person is allowed to play without taking screenshots, doesn't mean everyone will be able to.

Q: My victim said another word that means the same as the codeword. Does that count as a kill?
A: No. Only the codeword can kill them.

Q: My victim quoted the codeword! Does that count as a kill?
A: No. If they quote the codeword it doesn't count. They have to physically type out the word for it to count as a kill.

Q: If I guess who my assassin is and the codeword, and I guess wrong, will anything bad happen to me?
A: No, nothing bad will happen if you guess wrong. Though you'll only be allowed so many guesses a round.

Q: Whether or not I play the game, can I donate gold and/or items to the prize pot?
A: Yes. However, please send a PM with what you're donating and for what purpose. It could be to either add to the current prize, or it could be to clothe our frighteningly poor game avatar.

Q: I have a main account and a mule account. However, I'd like to play this game using my mule and not my main. Would that be allowed?
A: Yes. You can play with your mule account and not your main account. Send in the form as you normally would, however make a note that you'd rather play this with your mule. Your mule will be the name assigned to your assassin and not your main account's name. Though you will still have to follow the posting requirement daily on your mule account, as that will be the account people are assigned to kill.

Q: I can't kill my victim with this word! Can I change it?
A: Yes. You can have the codeword changed up to two times per victim. You must wait at least twenty-four hours after the beginning of the round, and you must wait until at least twenty-four hours to request a name change if you've already had the word changed once. If you successfully kill the victim who's word you had changed, you are allowed to request up to two word changes for the victim you inherited, and so on, and so on.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:56 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Just for KicksX

(Just for kicks.)

Made up word of the round:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsu
Cricketification: The turning of animals into Cricket-versions of themselves.

Pronunciation: kri-KIT-i-fi-kay-shun
Please PM your made up word and its definition to this account with 'I have my own word!' as the subject title. Not all words will be used.

Real word of the round:

Educate

This will be chosen from the dictionary at random.

'Official' song of the round:

Stacy Wilde - Lie to Me

PM your suggestions to this account with 'Assassin tunes' as the subject. Please remember to include both the song title AND artist. Not all songs will be used.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:52 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:40 PM

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:52 AM.. Reason: Adjusting the linkage.

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:43 PM

Donors!X

Donors!

People who've donated to the prize pot:
Bishielurfer - 200g <3
Hina - 50g <3
Insane Cricket - Royal skirt of Artemis
Hadsvich - 500 gold <3
Kent - 500 gold <3

People who've donated clothing items to clothe our host account:
No one.

Other Donations:
Lumi - Our kickass new banner. <3
SecretDae007 - Linking our banner in her hangout thread. <3
Cherry Flavored Antacid - Linking our banner in the Howse of Hoff.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:53 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 06:55 PM

Memorable QuotesX

Memorable quotes.
[When something said in the thread is just too funny to let it be forgotten, this is where we'll stick it.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Yeah, it'd be nice to sprout a penis right before That Time of the Month came up, I'm sure. xDD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry Flavored Antacid View Post
Want to be Boobs-Are-Too-Small buddies?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ox3tyi View Post
Cricket is a snot cricket.
Rarest of all buggies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Simplicity. View Post
WHO SAYS WE DROOL ALOT?!
I DUN DROOL.

:drool:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane Cricket View Post
It should totally be 'pasta party'. And Cricket declares that everyone must bring a box of Hy-Vee brand macarooni and cheese as a sacrifice for his hunger!

Oh! I know what the thread title should be: [It's a pasta party! - Please don't feed the snot cricket, we just had the carpets cleaned.]
Quote:
"Hey, how are you doing Cricket?"

"I'm a snot cricket today."

"Again!?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ox3tyi View Post
WHY WOULD I BE MAD WHEN OH HOLY CRICKET HAS BLESSED ME WITH ZEH SNOT?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsu View Post
Ack! Nuuu! Not the no-lurking stick!! XD
Quote:
And I swear, I'll cover you in snot. -Prepares to blow nose on you-

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:53 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Current and past eventsX

Current events:

None at this time.

Past events:

Catch the snowflake!

This event will begin sometime on Saturday, December 20th, and will run through Monday January 5th. Insane Cricket will be running this event.

Prize: Art freebies drawn by the artistically challenged Insane Cricket. The person with the most freebies at the end may also be given a prize, though that hasn't been fully decided upon yet.

How to play: Insane Cricket will post an images of a snowflake, and whoever quotes the image first will be given an art freebie. Do not edit your posts to include the image.

Rules:
1) Follow the ToS.
2) Follow this thread's rules.
3) Anyone can play.
4) You might not get the art instantly.
5) Be nice to each other.
6) Don't edit posts to include a quote of the image if it was posted at the same time you posted.
7) Have fun!

Insane Cricket is the host of round four. Any snowflakes dropped by the Assassin account are valid in this game until the end of round four. Insane Cricket also has a mule account named Vayu, which he might use to drop snowflakes with as well.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-31-2009 at 02:54 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-08-2008, 07:19 PM

Reserved.

Last edited by The Assassin Game Account; 03-16-2009 at 12:06 AM..

Dead Account Holder

Old 11-09-2008, 07:43 PM

-Cuts the thread ribbon- We're open! =D

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:47 PM

YAY OPENNESS~
XD

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-09-2008, 07:48 PM

Yes! Now hopefully our game will go smoothly. X3

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 11-09-2008, 07:56 PM

We can only hope. ^^;

*shall try to put a link into her siggy*
xD

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-09-2008, 08:00 PM

I already put a link in my signature. XD

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 11-09-2008, 08:04 PM

I did tooo!
I wanted to keep the picture to the side, but it wouldn't let me.
Ah well.
xD

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-09-2008, 08:07 PM

I'm sorry. ;~;

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM

Haha, no worries. XD

I was mad that I couldn't put them in the center anyways, so at least it's centered now?
:]

Insane Cricket
(・・^...
Banned

Old 11-09-2008, 08:13 PM

Yeah, at least. Do you remember the names of the people interested in our version of the game? Maybe we should contact them to tell them that it's open. =D

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)

Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM

I'll be teling them during the day, as they all slowly get on. xD

Some are in completely different timezones~ so it's hard to talk to them, but not impossible by any means.
xD