Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via Yahoo to Ambi Kay

Old 06-14-2009, 09:58 PM

♥ Hiya ♥

I'm Ambi, and I need a break from my coloring block and minimester midterms.
How about you ?
I created this thread as a chill out zone to share with Mene.
Oh, and I wanted to give away art too. :)
Sound good ? Wanna post ? Great !
But first, you should take a few minutes to read this post.
Oh don't groan; this won't be long, I promise.

♥ Rules ♥

The number one rule here is to leave your stress behind.
Secondly, don't create any stress either.
The goal is to maintain a super relaxed environment.
If conversation gets too intense, no lie, I'll break it up.
Simple enough, eh ?

♥ Art ♥

So this thread is in the art freebies for a reason.
I'm giving away doodles to select visitors.
How do you guarantee yourself one ?
Well, you don't... but you can improve your chances by chatting about.
Offering art like a regular shop is not the point here (remember I'm looking to relax).
Sorry for any inconvenience.
You are still welcome to make a request, however. ;)

By the way, here's a few samples.
[♥][♥][♥]

♥ Pickups ♥

Watch this spot for new artsies.
The next one could be yours !

Last edited by Ambi Kay; 06-21-2009 at 03:20 AM..

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-15-2009, 01:21 AM

Your art is cute!

I'd love it if you could draw my current avatar with both eyes open and her happy and standing if it is a fullbody.

oHsoDemandinG
Cha-cha-cha.....Charmin!!

Old 06-15-2009, 01:53 AM

Cute artz! And I wanted to thank you for not allowing stress in here. It's been following me around lately.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 06-15-2009, 03:11 AM

hah your opening a freebie area. yay for no stress. so how you been lovely? you mentioned a bit but not much, things looking up yet? I'm excited i have the day off tomorrow from work so i can sleep in and take naps if i wanna.. and a game that im waiting for to come out, is doing closed beta this coming weekend (which YAY i managed to get into) so i'll get to mess around with playing it a tiny tiny bit after work this weekend!

*rolls* woooo anything fun lately?

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-15-2009, 03:57 AM

That's such a cute sample! X3

Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-15-2009, 06:15 AM

-dances at familiar faces-

HIYA !

lol MewMew07, I noticed you get around. c;

Jitsu, I am in between stuff right now and everyday is just about trying to find the right balance.
But sometimes I just need a moment to escape, you know ? I have also tried coloring your pic in like a million different programs and it always comes out messy or not as art nouveux as I imagined. I think my tablet and I are out of communication lately. This freebie shop is to help me get a grip on my pen before I start getting serious. c:

-waves at Mei- Thankies !

oHsoDemandinG, I'm glad I could be of service. -shakes a fist at your stress for you-

Last edited by Ambi Kay; 06-15-2009 at 06:40 AM..

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 06-15-2009, 06:23 AM

mmm best way to get through stressful stuff is one step at a time *nods nods* i'm just... i dunno picked up more hours at work, less because i wanted to and more because i hate the ick it puts on everyone else i work with (i like the people i work with) when we are short people. Since its summer (i work retail) things are much busier then normal. sucks though because i pulled both elbows, going to have to buy stupid elbow thinggers tomorrow to keep me from tucking my arms up while i sleep and bending too much.

im not really doing anything artsy lately? i've tried and failed so many times to finish things i was really looking forward to doing >.>; myeh, the arting comes and goes, forcing it always ends in such unpleasantness for me.

*tries to think of something interesting* . . . *fails* urgh sorry, brain is melted from work and wierd headache that randomly appeared when i got home today.

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-15-2009, 06:32 AM

It's great to see you again. =3

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-15-2009, 06:34 AM

*pounces mei*

oh! i finally remembered something. in your shoppy i had said i was waiting for one of us to get higher paying jobs or hubbers to get into the Navy. WELL Hubbers is in the navy, he goes to basic in Jan and then the whole family moves to Charleston for 2 years while he does schooling for his job. ah! and while hes in, gov pays for 75% of MY schooling. HOOZAH

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-15-2009, 06:38 AM

-hugs Jitsumi- 8D

75%? O: That's pretty nice~

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-15-2009, 06:42 AM

indeed it is. and apparently after hes in for a year, we get up to 85k of my KIDS college payed for by the gov for being in the service. which, may not pay all their college, but it will help their first year at least yeah?

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-15-2009, 06:43 AM

That's pretty awesome. O:

Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2009, 05:15 AM

Jitsu, Oh my gosh ! That sounds so awesome. Looks like everything is looking up for you. Sorry about your temporary troubles, but reading that you're doing better in the long run makes me glad. By the way, Charleston is beautiful. I lived there for ten years with my Air Force father and now I want to go back. Fun fact: Charleston is home to the Cooper River bridge (5th largest in the world) as well as Fort Sumter (beginning of the Civil War). If you're a history buff, you'll really like it. c:

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi Kay View Post
-dances at familiar faces-

HIYA !

lol MewMew07, I noticed you get around. c;

Jitsu, I am in between stuff right now and everyday is just about trying to find the right balance.
But sometimes I just need a moment to escape, you know ? I have also tried coloring your pic in like a million different programs and it always comes out messy or not as art nouveux as I imagined. I think my tablet and I are out of communication lately. This freebie shop is to help me get a grip on my pen before I start getting serious. c:

-waves at Mei- Thankies !

oHsoDemandinG, I'm glad I could be of service. -shakes a fist at your stress for you-
Yeah, I hope that's good.

I just love art a lot that's why.

Easther_Bunni
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 06-16-2009, 05:20 AM

Hey I wouldn't mind some art if you're still drawing :)

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-16-2009, 05:53 AM

really? OMG that's so awesome to hear! everyone i talk to at work about it has been to Charleston also and they all loved it as well, im getting so pumped up to go, its going to be fantastic i can't wait.

*grins* yeap nothing too bad and things are definitely getting more and more awesome by the day. Found out today my best mate i haven't seen in three years is coming down to visit for a few days - which means i have an excuse to take vacation from work - that i WILL be seriously be looking forward to.

YAY HISTORICAL CITY! i'm going to have to go all over the place exploring! any old haunts you remember that you loved a ton? I've only done some minor researching on the state as a whole, im going to have to do more on the city itself and look up where the nearest museums and such are as well.

Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2009, 06:31 AM

Jitsu, you have to visit the Hunley.
I heard the Calhoun House is cool, but I've never been.
Just take your time ambling through down town, especially in the flea market.
Its like a small craft fair every day !

Easther_Bunni, I sure am.
I haven't really drawn any one yet, but I'm looking around now. c;

MewMew07, lol your sig says seems to say so.

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-16-2009, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambi Kay View Post
Jitsu, you have to visit the Hunley.
I heard the Calhoun House is cool, but I've never been.
Just take your time ambling through down town, especially in the flea market.
Its like a small craft fair every day !

Easther_Bunni, I sure am.
I haven't really drawn any one yet, but I'm looking around now. c;

MewMew07, lol your sig says seems to say so.
Yep, and I love how people draw my avatar, which I probably won't change ever.

Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-16-2009, 07:17 AM

How long have you had it ?

mewmew07
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-16-2009, 07:53 AM

At least a couple of months now, I think at least.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 06-16-2009, 12:17 PM

Your art sample is very adorable, Ambi! *_*

If you are willing and up for it, I would like art of any of my OCs or my avatar (link to art request thread in sig below). But let's not have that trouble you for now. :lol:

Mewmew hunts for art like mad. *salute*
Anna (Dystopia) used to do that too, I wonder where she disappeared too. xD

Sizzla
Gangsta Biatch
Send a message via AIM to Sizzla

Old 06-16-2009, 02:56 PM

I'd love to be drawn if you're interested in any of my avatars. :D You can use my current one, or any from this gallery. Thanks in advance! :XD

meilin
pumpkin phantom

Old 06-16-2009, 03:51 PM

-peeks about the thread-
Hello, again~

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 06-16-2009, 03:59 PM

oh thanks so much Ambi, i wrote it down so i can google stuff up and have it somewhere with me when we move. its not until early March.. but that should be interesting. I adore exploring new cities and since i wont have a job for a little while this will be really interesting. just have to make sure i know where the heck im going first.. i have the WORSE sense of direction.. i get lost all the time.

maybe i should wait until i buy a cell phone first. . .

hurrrm iroase, now that you mention it i haven't seen her in a while either, maybe shes on vacation or something during the summer with her family?

Ambi Kay
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-18-2009, 01:19 AM

Hmm, seems that she disappeared about the same time I did.

-ponders-

Anyway, I've posted a medley picture.
Check first post, cut yourself out, and save to your own server. c:
This round, I drew Jitsu, Mei, and MewMew for posting more than once.

Cheers and enjoy !