View Poll Results: Do you think there could be a Planet X?
Yes! True until proven false! 13 33.33%
Maybe. There isn't enough proof. 13 33.33%
No! That is all a hoax! 5 12.82%
You are effin' insane! 2 5.13%
I like cheese! 6 15.38%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

KageShio
Warning: Unrestrained Audiophile

Old 12-04-2009, 08:32 PM

I had a deep discussion with a few friends about the mysterious "Planet X". The supposed tenth planet in the system. I had found a few sites and books a while back that had great information that hypothetically is true. The information is very, very interesting and the thought that it may be true sends my mind in spirals!

The Sumerians invented writing, math, agriculture, medicine, law, courts, schools and astrology and astronomy. They say numerous times in their records, "All that we know, we were taught by the Anunnaki." They tell a tale of how they Anunnaki came from the 12th body in the solar system, a planet they called Nibiru. The Sumerians had accurately charted and identified the nine planets we know today, but they considered the sun and moon to be the tenth and eleventh bodies leaving Nibiru to be the twelfth. An interesting fact about the Sumerian knowledge, they based many things on the number twelve, quite a few of which we still use today:

12 hours in a day / night
12 inches in a foot
12 in a dozen
12 Greek Olympians (Sumerians are the fore-runners of the Greek and Egyptian cultures)
12 houses of the Zodiac
as a few examples.

They charted a very elliptical course for the planet, it only came near the orbit of the earth every 3,800 years. There a speculated happenings that were caused by the close passage of Nibiru that seem to align with the orbit. A tale told in a Sumerian tablet tells that a great flood was caused by the planets gravitational pull, shifting the tectonic plates and loosing ice from the polls. According to the tablet, this happened roughly 3,000 years ago, possibly coinciding with the biblical flooding of the earth. It was also said that Nibiru passed by the earth billions of years ago, cracking the planet in half and causing the asteroid belt we know today.

What really makes this topic interesting, is the scientific part of it. The possibility that it may be true. Pluto was only discovered in 1930, and even then orbital oddities were detected which lead them to believe a yet undetected large object is still out there affecting the orbits of the planets. Only recently with the development of more advanced infrared telescopes and advanced computational mathematics are we able to finally image and pinpoint new planets in or beyond our solar system. Interestingly enough, the first planet image around another sun by the Hubble filmed a planet on a highly elliptical orbit around its sun. Until this footage, astronomers had never seen a planet on such a highly elliptical orbit. This led astronomers to ask how such a planet would extend so far into the depths of space and still continue its orbit back in our direction.

Now that we are able to look at the new solar systems found, an interesting pattern was found. Almost 90% of external solar systems had "2 suns", called a binary solar system. The idea of a Planet X in our solar system seems more possible with the idea that we also have 2 suns. However our other sun is a failed star or Brown dwarf and there is so much dust and debris in space that we cannot see it properly through the light reflected off of it.

The second sun might have made enough of a gravitational pull to give a planet such an elliptical orbit before it faded into a dwarf. What do you think of the facts and theories? Is is bullocks? Is it truth? Is it half and half? What do think is out there?

GreenLy
MS.

Old 12-04-2009, 09:53 PM

Space is big enough. Anything could be out there. I know Haley's comet comes around like clock work I would not be surprised. Anything is possible.

BinkaKitty
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 12-05-2009, 02:00 AM

it's possible that its out there, but i don't pay much attention to that kinda stuff honestly.

Ponta
One is never too early to monolo...

Old 12-05-2009, 02:44 AM

A planet full of nothing but chocolate bunnies... with laser beam shooting action.

Synthetika
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 PM

All of these different wonders that are just theories I just cant make myself believe them and untill their proven to be 100% true i dont really pay too much attention to them...

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 12-05-2009, 07:40 PM

I really don't know what to think about Planet X. All I know is for me, Pluto will forever remain a planet, no matter what Astronomers and Scientists tell me.

LibertyBear
This could be bad, but it could ...
Send a message via Yahoo to LibertyBear

Old 12-05-2009, 07:57 PM

I think that it could be out there. Just a few weeks ago, my science teacher told my classmates and I that there were other planetary systems out there, in different galaxies, so I can imagine another planet in our galaxy. Just like how I can believe there are other life forms out there, maybe even among us. :]

Lamb of God
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-05-2009, 10:28 PM

The possibilities are endless.

Ember Mist
"an individual with an inordinat...
Send a message via MSN to Ember Mist

Old 12-06-2009, 03:41 AM

sure why not? I mean we used to think cloning couldn't be done but they just cloned a dog that saved twenty people on nine eleven.

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-06-2009, 04:31 PM

Previously, I've only seen this possible planet mentioned alongside 2012 doomsday theories, so I can't really say I take it seriously. :XD

KageShio

Old 12-06-2009, 08:10 PM

I read a few things about planet X having to do with 2012 and it all points to no, there is nothing in any ancient records saying that it will be near.

Now that it has been brought up, 2012: The end of the world?
Well, the Mayans never said it was the end of the world or time, it's just when the Mayan long-count calender ended. The long-count calender was an astrological calender they used for predictions and star-charts. They might have just stopped the chart after a certain amount of years and intended to add more as they passed, to keep the right amount in the chart, who knows?

You also have to keep in mind that the Mayan calenders were much different than ours, their years had more days and months. In relation to our Gregorian calender, the supposed dooms-day might still be a hundred years in the future, or even already happened.

Thunder
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-06-2009, 09:35 PM

Do you still have any of the links to the websites you read, by any chance? I tried googling a little bit, but I didn't find many sites that seemed credible. Well, except for NASA which basically said it didn't exist. :sweat: I'd like to talk about it, but the truth is I don't know much about it.

I agree that the Mayans probably just stopped adding to the calendar after so many years. You've got to stop somewhere. No one is going to continue adding to a calender years and years ahead of time, on into infinity. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Samona
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM

Well according to the anime Trinity Blood planet X is home to some very hot and very destructive vampires and beings even higher up than vampires who eat vampires, if there is anything on it I want it to be that because well I like vampires and the idea of vampires invading earth intriques me...

guibin
In this world physically but not...

Old 12-07-2009, 10:52 PM

First of all, that chart got Pluto's orbit wrong.
But hey, we're still finding new planets or "sub-planets" today so nothing is impossible.

Julie Apathetic
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-08-2009, 05:52 PM

well actually there is something that says a destructive planet will pass by earth in 2012. it is a very old egyptian script that also has celtic priests writing in it. it says that in a certain amount of generations since it was written (i cant remember how many) that the planet will circle by the earth again. so yes there is something out there that says this planet (planet x) will come and even if it doent hit earth the gravity is very strong and will destroy the life on earth. they speculate that in one of the pyramids (gaurded by the spinx) there is something that will shoot down the planet as the top of one of the pyramids is missing so when they find it that is what is supposed to happen

chiiruchan
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 AM

Hmmm... my friend who has a degree in aerospace engineering said that there is no planet x. We were talking about it last night. He said if anything, worry about nuclear bombs.

guibin
In this world physically but not...

Old 12-09-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie Apathetic View Post
well actually there is something that says a destructive planet will pass by earth in 2012. it is a very old egyptian script that also has celtic priests writing in it. it says that in a certain amount of generations since it was written (i cant remember how many) that the planet will circle by the earth again. so yes there is something out there that says this planet (planet x) will come and even if it doent hit earth the gravity is very strong and will destroy the life on earth. they speculate that in one of the pyramids (gaurded by the spinx) there is something that will shoot down the planet as the top of one of the pyramids is missing so when they find it that is what is supposed to happen
If it's suppose to pass the Earth in 2012, we would be able to see it with backyard telescopes if not the naked eye by now.

Telendil Thaliel'dhar
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Telendil Thaliel'dhar Send a message via Yahoo to Telendil Thaliel'dhar

Old 12-09-2009, 11:41 PM

I'm not sure if there's a 10th planet or not. It does seem to fit in my mind for some reason, but I couldn't explain why.

Is 2012 going to be the end of the world? OK, I've studied mythology for a long time, mostly an independant study because I use myths in my stories, poems, and role-play.

The Mayans believed there would be an end, yes. However, it was to be an end for all time, but a new beginning, and this can argued to be many different things, from the catastrophic to the subtle.

I don't think the world will end, but from watching what is happening to the world and in the world, I suspect there will be great changes coming.

As for that could be on Planet X? My first thought on that would be ...

Duck Dodgers Of The 24th And A Half Century!!!

Julie Apathetic
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-10-2009, 01:33 PM

i know we would be able to see it by now but i think that it is ironic that there is something out there that says it could happen

haruka tenoh
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-25-2009, 12:47 AM

I believe in Nibiru space is so vast

kaihkc
⊙ω⊙

Old 12-25-2009, 12:47 AM

does it really natter its not we are going to get there

Wynna
(^._.^)ノ

Old 12-25-2009, 03:27 AM

Wait, um...they kinda already have discovered 'Planet X' past Pluto, you have Haumea, MakeMake, Eris, Orcus, Sedna, Quasor. Then in between Mars and Jupiter you have Ceres. So ya...I think planet X has already been found, even if the Trans-Neptunian objects are considered Dwarf planets.

KageShio

Old 12-25-2009, 08:14 AM

Well, I am not speaking of the dwarf planets, I know all about those. There is a debate on the size of Nibiru, but most people seem to agree that it is at least the size of Earth. That would make it a true planet if it were to exist, would it not?

Telendil, Thank you for posting the findings on "doomsday". 2012 is another topic with many debates and different sources.

Doe

Old 12-26-2009, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
Previously, I've only seen this possible planet mentioned alongside 2012 doomsday theories, so I can't really say I take it seriously. :XD
This bothers me so much, not you in particular, but how we've somehow been manipulated to automatically dismiss unconventional thoughts.
Why are original thoughts and fresh initiatives frowned upon in a world of seemingly limitless possibility?

From what I've seen, if an idea presents even the slightest threat to status quo, they'll slap "conspiracy theory" on it and everybody goes "oh, it's a bunch of hogwash!" without even considering what's being said. Well it's called a conspiracy theory, not a hypothesis; their assertions aren't baseless. Yet, they lump all of them together so the term becomes associated with the more radical thoughts and the innocently open-minded ideas aren't even given consideration because they've been marred with a label.

Anyway, I'm inclined to believe in Planet X. I'm fairly open-minded; I can't fully reject an idea unless it's been deemed 100% impossible. However, there's not enough evidence for me to even consider trying to convince anyone else. Though trying to argue for or against a theory seems pointless (in casual conversation) because it's only through self-realization that a person will change their mind/beliefs.

Pkero
~VR is the Future~

Old 12-26-2009, 02:48 AM

There are several bodies the size of Pluto in our system that aren't considered planets.

Either way, Planet X is GENERALLY paired with the doomsday theories of 2012, so I think I'm going to go ahead and say I don't buy it. At all.