Seph Lonehart
  • Challenge Seph Lonehart in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:21 AM

How did you meet that special someone (I keep almost typing out summon)
Maybe you haven't met that special someone yet.
Maybe you feel you lost your chance at love already.
Maybe you are being given another chance.
Maybe you just don't believe in love. ( FOOL!)

Please share it all here I love hearing these stories.

As for me I met my girlfriend on an instant messenger from some of her internet friends. We've been together for nearly five years. In addition to this we've been living together (In real life of course!) for about two years.

I love her very much !!

hillary84
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84
  • Challenge hillary84 in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:24 AM

I haven't met that special someone yet. Sometimes I do feel that I've been left out. But I have hope that I will find that special person someday.

ThyFaerieQueen
  • Challenge ThyFaerieQueen in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:28 AM

This Princess is single, I'm very new to the world of love... I keep falling in love constantly, and so my heart keeps breaking. I am very fragile, and I don't think there will be someone in my stars ever... T.T

WhiteRiver
  • Challenge WhiteRiver in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:32 AM

Hey there. So I don't normally go around being sappy (it's just one of those things where I know I am a sentimental person and so I rein it all in a bit too hard mostly) but the spirit is so catching. I've met my special someone, all the more special because we were really close friends for years at college before finally admitting that we loved eachother. It's been a couple of years now, still doing pretty good :)
I think the part that makes my relationship the most fun is all the humour - the boy has a knack for making people roll around with their sides splitting in laughter, and I try to keep up with it. We're quite the comedy act.

Another special someone deserves special mention here - my very best friend in the world, from 6th grade on, is absolutely brilliant (works for Google, speaks 6 languages), talented (draws, sings and everything) and also has the knack for cracking people up. (see a theme here?)
Our very special relationship began when we got together in 6th and 7th grade to make a spoof of Romeo and Juliet that we put up for the rest of our class on Valentine's Day that year. Every year since, we've exchanged valentines, no matter how far apart we live.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillary84 View Post
I haven't met that special someone yet. Sometimes I do feel that I've been left out. But I have hope that I will find that special person someday.
Try not to feel left out, instead look forward to what you may have in your future. Try not to blind yourself to what is right in front of you. Sometimes that special someone is closer then you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Cupcake View Post
This Princess is single, I'm very new to the world of love... I keep falling in love constantly, and so my heart keeps breaking. I am very fragile, and I don't think there will be someone in my stars ever... T.T
Try to approach your love life in a more cautious manner and approach people with care. Don't close yourself off too much though, or else you may have a hard time opening back up.

Last edited by siaasgn; 02-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: double post

Alexial_Rose
  • Challenge Alexial_Rose in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:34 AM

I actually met my boyfriend of 2 years through Final Fantasy Online :3

I hear a lot of people meet their special someone through the internet, but I actually met my guy through an MMO hehe :3

It's much better to have him here next to me instead of through a game. Ha. :D

Lore
  • Challenge Lore in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 AM

I met my boyfriend through a very, very strange dating site that I thought had been dead for quite a while.

See, I'm an avid 4chan lurker and have been since '04. Somewhere in '05 or '06, someone got the idea to make a dating site for the weird, fucked up users of 4chan. Thus, the birth of AnoniDate. It was a cesspool breeding ground, but I didn't have many other ways to find people with similar interests to mine other than this type of seedy site. I had a lot of responses to my profile since I was one of the VERY few females in my area..

And then the site just sort of died. No one advertised for it anymore, no new users ever really signed up in my area.

And somehow.. Two years later after my last log, I think.. Hum. I'm moving soon, maybe I should see if there's anyone in that area? Two weeks after my updated profile was posted, I got an IM from a guy saying he had just drank his first beer ever, it was awful and he was terribly lonely.

What did I do? I told him to meet me at the local library the next day. We both actually showed up and miraculously, I wasn't murdered, he wasn't a creep, we were both extremely well behaved, social and had plenty of similar interests.

:heart: We were friends for a good while before we started dating. We've been together a year now and this is our second Valentine's together.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiver View Post
Hey there. So I don't normally go around being sappy (it's just one of those things where I know I am a sentimental person and so I rein it all in a bit too hard mostly) but the spirit is so catching. I've met my special someone, all the more special because we were really close friends for years at college before finally admitting that we loved eachother. It's been a couple of years now, still doing pretty good :)
I think the part that makes my relationship the most fun is all the humour - the boy has a knack for making people roll around with their sides splitting in laughter, and I try to keep up with it. We're quite the comedy act.

Another special someone deserves special mention here - my very best friend in the world, from 6th grade on, is absolutely brilliant (works for Google, speaks 6 languages), talented (draws, sings and everything) and also has the knack for cracking people up. (see a theme here?)
Our very special relationship began when we got together in 6th and 7th grade to make a spoof of Romeo and Juliet that we put up for the rest of our class on Valentine's Day that year. Every year since, we've exchanged valentines, no matter how far apart we live.

Wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing. I am quite happy for you for both of your mentioned relationships. It is quite heart warming.

As for your special someone. Make sure you know why he wants to make people laugh. Sometimes its more serious then most people know, and sometimes it is indeed just for fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexial_Rose View Post
I actually met my boyfriend of 2 years through Final Fantasy Online :3

I hear a lot of people meet their special someone through the internet, but I actually met my guy through an MMO hehe :3

It's much better to have him here next to me instead of through a game. Ha. :D
Yes, I agree very much so. Me and my girlfriend played various MMOs for the three years we had to be strictly internet based. I love that she is now by my side.

(In fact if I extended my left hand about three feet I'd be punching her.)

Last edited by siaasgn; 02-11-2010 at 09:30 PM.. Reason: double post

TKC
  • Challenge TKC in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:42 AM

I am a closet romantic, and my longest relationship was with someone I didn't much care for. (3 months) But the guy I've been with for the past 2 months is amazing and I actually like (love) spending time with him.

We're both freshmen in college, and we met (along with most of our closest friends) at a visit weekend last March. Then we all as a group reconnected when we started school, and he was flirting with our mutual friend, and I was enamored with our other mutual friend. Then we both like, realized neither person liked us back, and we started hanging out more, and that's how we got together. :) It amuses me, since we both got over our previous crushes pretty quickly. And he's such a calm person that it's perfect for someone like me, who tends to snap in and out of anger easily.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore View Post
I met my boyfriend through a very, very strange dating site that I thought had been dead for quite a while.

See, I'm an avid 4chan lurker and have been since '04. Somewhere in '05 or '06, someone got the idea to make a dating site for the weird, fucked up users of 4chan. Thus, the birth of AnoniDate. It was a cesspool breeding ground, but I didn't have many other ways to find people with similar interests to mine other than this type of seedy site. I had a lot of responses to my profile since I was one of the VERY few females in my area..

And then the site just sort of died. No one advertised for it anymore, no new users ever really signed up in my area.

And somehow.. Two years later after my last log, I think.. Hum. I'm moving soon, maybe I should see if there's anyone in that area? Two weeks after my updated profile was posted, I got an IM from a guy saying he had just drank his first beer ever, it was awful and he was terribly lonely.

What did I do? I told him to meet me at the local library the next day. We both actually showed up and miraculously, I wasn't murdered, he wasn't a creep, we were both extremely well behaved, social and had plenty of similar interests.

:heart: We were friends for a good while before we started dating. We've been together a year now and this is our second Valentine's together.

Quite the risk you took I'm glad you didn't end up dead (As am I when I met my girlfriend for the first time flying across the country to do so)

I'm not sure if I could of done it was I the opposite gender, I might of been a little to scared honestly.
I find it funny your not saying 4chan in general was a cesspool, as most people say it is.

Lore

Old 02-11-2010, 03:48 AM

I've actually met a lot of my dearest friends on 4chan. A lot of the site is general gutter trash, and most of the people there are just angry, lonely nerds, but every now and then, a good but bored person stumbles into the fray.

:heart: They're total sweethearts when you can find the right people, but that's how it is for any site/real life gathering place.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKC View Post
I am a closet romantic, and my longest relationship was with someone I didn't much care for. (3 months) But the guy I've been with for the past 2 months is amazing and I actually like (love) spending time with him.

We're both freshmen in college, and we met (along with most of our closest friends) at a visit weekend last March. Then we all as a group reconnected when we started school, and he was flirting with our mutual friend, and I was enamored with our other mutual friend. Then we both like, realized neither person liked us back, and we started hanging out more, and that's how we got together. :) It amuses me, since we both got over our previous crushes pretty quickly. And he's such a calm person that it's perfect for someone like me, who tends to snap in and out of anger easily.
I find that story quite lovely. It's almost like you bonded with each other faster because you didn't notice each other right away in "that" way.

WhiteRiver
  • Challenge WhiteRiver in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph Lonehart View Post
Wonderful story, thank you so much for sharing. I am quite happy for you for both of your mentioned relationships. It is quite heart warming.

As for your special someone. Make sure you know why he wants to make people laugh. Sometimes its more serious then most people know, and sometimes it is indeed just for fun.
Thank you, Seph. Oh, he's just a happy person who likes to think of the most inventive way of making a joke - we've actually had conversations about it and I'll agree - making a really good pun requires a lot of brainwork, fast thinking and just a dash of inspiration. Between us at home - it's like a game.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore View Post
I've actually met a lot of my dearest friends on 4chan. A lot of the site is general gutter trash, and most of the people there are just angry, lonely nerds, but every now and then, a good but bored person stumbles into the fray.

:heart: They're total sweethearts when you can find the right people, but that's how it is for any site/real life gathering place.
You are correct, and everyone is different. And come to different events//social gathering for different reasons.
But I find the angry//good ratio a bit more skewed on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRiver View Post
Thank you, Seph. Oh, he's just a happy person who likes to think of the most inventive way of making a joke - we've actually had conversations about it and I'll agree - making a really good pun requires a lot of brainwork, fast thinking and just a dash of inspiration. Between us at home - it's like a game.
No thank you once again for sharing. And I'm glad to hear you've already had those conversions and understand the quick thinking it takes to do what he does. I'm sure he appreciates that, and your previously mentioned role in it.

Ithir
  • Challenge Ithir in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 03:58 AM

WhiteRiver~ My friends are obsessed with punning. They're pretty good at it.

Seph~ Yea, it was weird and rather immediate once we moved in that direction. But it made sense, as we get along really well.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithir View Post
WhiteRiver~ My friends are obsessed with punning. They're pretty good at it.

Seph~ Yea, it was weird and rather immediate once we moved in that direction. But it made sense, as we get along really well.
I'm glad it made sense, a good solid foundation is a key to a strong building (relationship or otherwise =D)

Lore

Old 02-11-2010, 04:02 AM

I think eeeeeeveryone is a little edgier/angrier on the internet.

It's all that delicious anonymity.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 AM

I've said the same thing many times. Assholes sadly feel much more empowered. But I'm not the best at talking to people in real life. So I may not of been able to meet ANYONE if not for the internet. (certainly not the very special person I am happily with right now)
The Interwebz along with many things in life, is a mixed blessing.

d2hiriyuu
  • Challenge d2hiriyuu in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 04:05 AM

I have met special people in my life, but alas this year I will spending it with someone special, yet we broke up and will slowly go our own ways.

Seph Lonehart

Old 02-11-2010, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2hiriyuu View Post
I have met special people in my life, but alas this year I will spending it with someone special, yet we broke up and will slowly go our own ways.
Sad, I only hope you both are happier in the end for it, though that may seem unlikely now.

This is part of why I love these Holiday Events though, I am able to hear so many stories.

Saravi Boo
  • Challenge Saravi Boo in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 05:45 AM

I met my hubby when he joined my Dungeons and Dragons RP group. After a little wile he started taking me to lunch every day (because he was working nights at the time). I didn't really think anything of it, I had a lot of male friends and they often treated me because I was always broke (college will do that to you, lol). So, after almost a month he finally caught on that I was really clueless and went all middle school to make me understand that he'd been dating me without my knowledge. lol. He asked me "if I wanted to be his girlfriend". I was totally shocked but very pleased. Less than a week later we had decided to get married. We had to wait a few months before we told anyone that or my family would have had me committed lol. A year after that we were married and that is going on five years ago (it will be five years on Nov. 5). I still love him more than anything on this earth. He is wonderful!!

Anyone who hasn't found someone yet, don't stress about it. I was fully expecting to end up a crazy cat lady for a long time there. But life has a way of throwing things at you unexpectedly.

sarofset
  • Challenge sarofset in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 06:37 AM

I met my girl in our drama class. I saw her and thought she was cute about three days before I actually got up the nerve to talk to her. When I finally did she kinda blew me off. Then later we were put on a team for a project. We got to talking, and I somehow mentioned Star Trek. She very quickly responded with "Kirk or Picard?" It may sound nerdy, but it was then that I was really hooked. We talked for a bit, and then she started to hang out with me at lunch. She asked me to a dance at our school, and we went together. We had an awesome time.

Exactly one day before valentines day two years ago, I asked her out. We have been dating happily ever since. I've never met a girl as awesome as her, and I have never been happier in a relationship.

Quantum Angel
  • Challenge Quantum Angel in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:28 AM

Me, there's someone I like...we met in the hospital, ironically (we both HATE the places with a passion). Dropped out of contact several years ago though...by no fault of our own...actually we'd both thought the other had died, thank you wonderful situation.

Recently though, I realized he was in fact alive...I found him again somewhere. Haven't had the guts (or the ability or known what to SAY) to try and make contact though. :sweat:

@sarofset: Nerds will rule the world one day. That is all. And Star Trek is a good conversation starter. |D

Kurai Amaya
  • Challenge Kurai Amaya in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 10:51 AM

My special someone and I met in 7th grade, though at that time I was scared of him. I was always one of the tallest girls in my class... taller than most of the boys, and by grade 7 most of them hadn't hit puberty yet. My special someone had, though, so he was taller than me, and I found it to be intimidating.

It wasn't until grade 9 that I started really liking him. I don't know how it happened, but we ended up talking at school a fair amount. Through this, I found out that we liked most of the same bands (bands that I thought no one even knew of), both loved video games, and both spent copious amounts of time on the computer, among other things. Hormones kicked in, of course, and I began realizing how attractive he was to me. Apparently the same thing happened with him.

Mid-grade ten, I finally decided I would ask him out. On MSN (I know, lame... but I'm shy!) I boldly said, "I like you a lot, and I think it's pretty obvious that you like me too. I think we should be a little more than friends now." he said something like, "What? Of course! If you want..." I replied with, "Do want." and it was made official.

It has been a little over two years now and we're still happy. I know a lot of people don't believe high school relationships can last, and maybe that's true... but for right now, we're happy together, and if we work hard enough at it I believe it can stay that way.

Naoto-chan22
Send a message via MSN to Naoto-chan22
  • Challenge Naoto-chan22 in the Arcade

Old 02-11-2010, 11:49 AM

I met my special one Mitsunari on my first day of Menewsha in October 2009, in the Charity Newbie Closet, it wasn't till many jokes from users and a month later that we started dating, and now were working on our 4th month together and I could not have been happier in my whole life ^_^