Kole_Locke
  • Challenge Kole_Locke in the Arcade

Old 02-16-2010, 03:37 AM

I'm looking for a good town to set a story I'm writing, just to be clear, I'm talking about a good town in the Alleghenies in Pennsylvania.

Last edited by Kole_Locke; 02-16-2010 at 03:56 AM..

Tilly
  • Challenge Tilly in the Arcade

Old 02-16-2010, 03:43 AM

what's PA? o__o

monstahh`
  • Challenge monstahh` in the Arcade

Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 AM

Pennsylvania, I think.

I have no idea. I only lived in Allentown briefly. ;c

Sorry, good luck! :)

Sen Lee
  • Challenge Sen Lee in the Arcade

Old 02-16-2010, 03:47 AM

Pennsylvania, I think.

Wouldn't it be better for you to write about a place you know? Or... you could make up a mountain town in PA instead of using a real one. o_o

I know nothing about PA, by the way. >_>;

Kole_Locke

Old 02-16-2010, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
Pennsylvania, I think.

I have no idea. I only lived in Allentown briefly. ;c

Sorry, good luck! :)

You're right, it is Pennsylvania. Sorry I wasn't clear.

@Sen Lee ~ I'm trying to make it a realistic story. I guess I could make a town up, but then people might say "hey, that town doesn't even exist causing my story to lose credibility.

Sen Lee
  • Challenge Sen Lee in the Arcade

Old 02-16-2010, 04:11 AM

Nah... people use fictional towns in stories all the time. o_o It's not an uncommon practice. I mean, if you're trying to write off a fictional story as something bordering on non-fiction, then, yeah... it might not work. But if you were doing something like that, it might lose credibility in and of itself. So... yeah. If you can't find a town, make one up. =3

Or... check with the post office. o_o

Kole_Locke

Old 02-16-2010, 04:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sen Lee View Post
Nah... people use fictional towns in stories all the time. o_o It's not an uncommon practice. I mean, if you're trying to write off a fictional story as something bordering on non-fiction, then, yeah... it might not work. But if you were doing something like that, it might lose credibility in and of itself. So... yeah. If you can't find a town, make one up. =3

Or... check with the post office. o_o

I was looking at one town in the Alleghenies called Scotia, I wonder if that would be a good small town with a pub to be set in. It's only at the beginning of the story that this town would have any real significance. I have it posted in the Literature Spot Forum. The name of the story it titled, "Never Been To Me".