LilAnimeEarth
:3 Allo

Old 04-26-2010, 01:54 AM

Could it be possible? I don't know how to add a poll, but is the world going to end in 2012?

Neko-Lover
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-26-2010, 02:25 AM

My answer to this is always the same: flat out no. This theory came about in the first place because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, and people keep conflating it with the Judeo-Christian Apocalypse, and think the Mayans predicted the end of the world. They did not. That would be the same as me saying that the world is going to end on midnight, December 31st of this year, because our calendar ends on the 31st.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 AM

I don't believe it one bit, and the reason to that is posted in my blog entry about 2012

Musicians_Wish
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2010, 02:52 AM

I believe that it is not possible. From what I heard there have been many assumptions about the world ending way before 2012....and even further back than that. We're still here and those previous assumptions have been proven false. I just think that this whole "World ending in 2012" is just way too hard to believe.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 AM

People are just using 2012 as a way to make money from paranoid people. It's as plain and simple as that.

ElysiumFate
There is beauty everywhere.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:20 AM

*Cracks knuckles* I was waiting for this debate thread to show up.

My opinion is that it probably won't happen. I won't say why, but I'm quite happy to debunk any myths that a person brings up here. I did a large amount of research on this for a college research essay. I feel pretty safe that the world won't end.

I do, however, like to lean towards the theory that states: "the world won't end, but it will have a spiritual enlightening that moves it towards a time of peace." (One can only hope, 'ey?)

The reason I say that it probably won't happen is because the world could end at any second. Nobody knows. As far as anyone can tell, the great thing that controls the universe might just make the world end in 2012 because it has a sense of humor. ;)

Last edited by ElysiumFate; 04-26-2010 at 04:23 AM..

ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn Send a message via Yahoo to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn

Old 04-26-2010, 07:18 AM

*snort* Yeah, that'll happen. I'll also sprout wings and run off to live in the magical land of candy canes with my talking penguin, Bruno.

Ha! No, no, I don't think it will. The 2012 phenomenon is a hoax. A scam. All it really is, is a way to make more money. Off of paranoid people.

Seriously, cool it people. The world isn't ending. Take a deep breath, and don't encourage the scamming! We've all got to face facts.

1. The world will end some day. It's gonna happen, and we've got to deal with it.
2. The human race, will DIE someday.
3. We don't know when the human race will die and the world will end, and probably never will know, until we're all dead and the Sun has exploded!
4. YOU (yes, you! *point* ) will die someday. It most likely won't be from the world ending, but you will die.
5. We aren't all going to die in 2012.

The sooner the human race accepts this, the better.
Hey, look at the bright side! The world will end one day, but by then, we'll all be dead anyways! :sarcasm:

Poppet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 AM

No (: GOSH! the world was going to 'end' about 5 times already! (according to my mother xP) Just because the Mayan calander ended at year 2012 doesn not mean the world will end. Yes, the Mayan's were supposedly very 'wise' or whatever, but just like today, nobody knows when the world will end. We can only make predictions. Everything changes over time so I imagine how hard it would be to make such a prediction as when the world is going to end. Ofcourse, unless there are hurling meteors about to smash our planet in 20 seconds, then we can possibly make a prediction then.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 04-26-2010, 11:41 AM

Here's an article to back up everyone else's true assertions that apocalypses have been "predicted" all throughout history, and obviously to no fruition.

Apocalypse now? 30 days when the world didn't end -Times Online

Yeah, no end-of-the-world in my lifetime. I may sound overly brusque by saying that, but hey: I have centuries of not-so-apocalyptic-apocalypses to back me up. The world will end, sure, but I'll be scattered across some fantastical landscape by then.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn View Post
*snort* Yeah, that'll happen. I'll also sprout wings and run off to live in the magical land of candy canes with my talking penguin, Bruno.

Ha! No, no, I don't think it will. The 2012 phenomenon is a hoax. A scam. All it really is, is a way to make more money. Off of paranoid people.

Seriously, cool it people. The world isn't ending. Take a deep breath, and don't encourage the scamming! We've all got to face facts.

1. The world will end some day. It's gonna happen, and we've got to deal with it.
2. The human race, will DIE someday.
3. We don't know when the human race will die and the world will end, and probably never will know, until we're all dead and the Sun has exploded!
4. YOU (yes, you! *point* ) will die someday. It most likely won't be from the world ending, but you will die.
5. We aren't all going to die in 2012.

The sooner the human race accepts this, the better.
Hey, look at the bright side! The world will end one day, but by then, we'll all be dead anyways! :sarcasm:
That's pretty much what I stated in my blog about the end of the world XD

Inertia
My heart and soul entwine my Lov...

Old 04-26-2010, 07:17 PM

2012 is the stamp of proof that Mankind has no memory.

LilAnimeEarth

Old 04-26-2010, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicians_Wish View Post
I believe that it is not possible. From what I heard there have been many assumptions about the world ending way before 2012....and even further back than that. We're still here and those previous assumptions have been proven false. I just think that this whole "World ending in 2012" is just way too hard to believe.
Yeah, but what about the world ending millions, billions years into the future?
Laila: You may be right. There's been 100 earthquakes in past years. But the world might not end. I watched a movie called 2012: Doomsday and there may be violence, but only about 1 or 2 people die. There are heroes in the most recent 2012 movie, But not 2012: Doomsday. But the world turns back to normal after a few disasters, such as fire in London, England.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilAnimeEarth View Post
Yeah, but what about the world ending millions, billions years into the future?
Laila: You may be right. There's been 100 earthquakes in past years. But the world might not end. I watched a movie called 2012: Doomsday and there may be violence, but only about 1 or 2 people die. There are heroes in the most recent 2012 movie, But not 2012: Doomsday. But the world turns back to normal after a few disasters, such as fire in London, England.
From what I've watched, the human race is going to be extinct before the end of the world. Which IS going to happen. The sun is a star, and it's going to explode one day, but, not before engulfing the inner planets. And if the end of the world does for whatever reason happen on 2012, it will be PURELY coincidental. The world is constantly changing, and it's something that we cannot control. We do not control Mother Nature, nor will we ever. People will just need to adapt and prepare themselves for whatever may get thrown at them. It's survival of the fittest after all.

LilAnimeEarth

Old 04-26-2010, 09:47 PM

Don't mean to double post instead of editing, but I am an ex-Gaian. On Gaia, a user said previous years were not the true end of the world years, but he says it will happen in 2012.
Laila: What? We'll still be alive! If we are alive in millions, billions years we will go to Mars.

Last edited by LilAnimeEarth; 04-26-2010 at 09:50 PM..

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Don't mean to double post instead of editing, but I am an ex-Gaian. On Gaia, a user said previous years were not the true end of the world years, but he says it will happen in 2012.
I'm sure that he didn't have any true or Scientific facts to back that up.

LilAnimeEarth

Old 04-26-2010, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila Izuka View Post
I'm sure that he didn't have any true or Scientific facts to back that up.
Yes No Maybe So.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 04-26-2010, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Laila: What? We'll still be alive! If we are alive in millions, billions years we will go to Mars.
I don't see there being any way that we will be able to go to Mars. That would require to bring billions of supplies to Mars. Not to mention our research on Mars isn't anything close to that of Earth. It would just be like packing up one day to a place that you have really no knowledge about. Not to mention we would probably exhaust Mars of all it's resources, such as water and food. I don't even think no one knows if plants can grow and survive on Mars' terrain. The whole entire thought seems too impractical to me.

Poppet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-26-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
If we are alive in millions, billions years we will go to Mars.
How can you be so sure? Or was that sarcasm? Heh, It's hard to tell over the internet :P

ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via ICQ to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn Send a message via Yahoo to ZeGuMmIBeaRQueEn

Old 04-27-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laila Izuka View Post
That's pretty much what I stated in my blog about the end of the world XD
;) Good, then I guess we're on the same page here.

shinigamikarasu
(^._.^)ノ

Penpal

Old 04-27-2010, 03:35 AM

As much as I love crazy conspiracy theories and any other kind of mystery/supernatural stuff, I just don't think that's going to happen. Just because the Mayan calender runs out in 2012 doesn't mean the world is going to end. Personally, I think that the end of the world is more likely to be the result of a nuclear war. It's only a matter of time before some random country finally snaps. And if by some stroke of luck that doesn't happen, the sun will explode eventually anyway and we'll all burn and die then instead. :D

KittyCat18
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM

I'd have to say no, I dont think the world is going to come to an abrupt end 2012. But I do think could be a fair estimate is that global warming is going to get worse and worse. I think over the next 100 years or whatever people on earth are going to be struggling for survival more then anything. Because already the world isnt the same as it had been. And if you dont believe in global warming, perhaps you should be more aware of your surroundings.

LilAnimeEarth

Old 04-27-2010, 09:33 PM

Alixness: Heh, it was an astronomy TV show that told me it.
Laila: Yeah, we could use rockets!

The Lost Girl
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to The Lost Girl

Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 PM

Well all I have to say is that the Maya's couldn't predict getting wiped out by the Europeans so I highly doubt that they could predict something like this. But I do have a strong belief that since around the time their first calendar ended the age of men jumped into the civilization era so maybe, just maybe, around that time we will end up either jumping or falling into a new age of men. It is an awful lot to ponder about but I think it best if we all just worried about the here and now.

Poppet
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-28-2010, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Alixness: Heh, it was an astronomy TV show that told me it.
Don't believe everything you see on T.V .-.

LilAnimeEarth

Old 04-28-2010, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alixness View Post
Don't believe everything you see on T.V .-.
Really? It was educational.