Goblin Maiden
  • Challenge Goblin Maiden in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 04:26 PM

Goggles on... Quills at the Ready...

This here event hangout is for anyone who likes to write! Fiction, non-fiction, poetry, fantasy, mystery, sci-fi, etc. Have you tried to write, but didn't like it, or didn't know where to start? Do you constantly struggle with writer's block? Know any good writing books, sites, articles, etc? Got a favorite author who's inspired you? A favorite time of day to write that just perfectly works for you?

Anything about writing goes here!

The Real Nikki
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki
  • Challenge The Real Nikki in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 05:26 PM

I haven't been writing much because of my english&philosophy class D:

GoCloud!
  • Challenge GoCloud! in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 06:03 PM

I used to write a lot when I was younger, but then after rereading it a few years later, I realized how much I sucked at it. xD

There were a few times where I felt it was a perfect time to write. Usually I wrote during the day, when it's either sunny, raining, or snowing. I feel that those three certain types of whether just inspired the setting and the whether within my stories. I usually wrote fantasy stories, full of quests, adventures, fighting, kingdoms, wars, etc. Though, again, I'm no good at it. xD

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:07 PM

D8 Ahhh, classes do tend to get in the way of those things we would prefer to do. D8 Unless, of course, you enjoy your English and Philosophy classes. 8D

I wrote a lot when I was younger, too. 8D It was... not what I consider to be up to par, but then again I think it was BECAUSE I was young and still had things to learn about writing and mechanics and everything.

GoCloud!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:12 PM

Sometimes I tend to write during class...not exactly a wise decision. xD

Yea...that's probably it. xD I just needed to learn more about grammer and other stuff. I started writing at the beginning of the school year, and it was definitely better than what I had from my other story that I was writing about four years ago. xD

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:15 PM

I have actually bought\checked out of the library some books about writing, like the basic structure of a story and what you SHOULDN'T do in order not to get a rejection slip from editors (or at least, you know, decrease your chances). Those books have helped me SO MUCH, and I still feel that I can retain my own style. 8D

GoCloud!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:18 PM

That's a very good idea actually o.o. I literally would've never thought of that, of course..I'm not going to become an author of a book anytime soon...xD Not with college making me do so many assignments on only the second week of school @_@ xD. Lolz, anyway, are you becoming an author? You make it seem like you want to become one.

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:20 PM

You mean a published author? Yes, that is one of my ambitions. 8D Actually, pretty much my ONLY known ambition for now. D8 But at least it's something to strive for, right? Anyways, I've always loved writing, but it was only recently that I really became serious about it. I'm working on developing one of my stories that I plan to be a series.

Genji to Heike
  • Challenge Genji to Heike in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 06:22 PM

I don't have much energy on scribbles lately :XD. I can't stay focused on one activity for too long else I get bored and that includes writing but that's just for now. Here's wishing you guys luck in your own writing! Wow, a published writer would be great!

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:24 PM

Yeah, that is how I am too, sometimes; just way too distracted by EVERYTHING, and so I can not settle on anything to do. XD It's really frustrating when that happens. I hope you find the calm and serenity (or, you know, whatever) to write again, though. 8D And thanks for the luck, I feel that I will need it. XD

GoCloud!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:27 PM

That sounds quite intriguing. x3 I really do hope that you become a great published author..though, if your books are anything like Twilight...I'm going to have to pass....though I will wish you a job well done...? xD

Ooh and I hope that book that you're working on turns out well! Good Luck with it.

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:29 PM

Oh, do not worry about that... I am going to try REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY (times infinity) hard to NOT write my books like Stephanie Meyer has hers. XO I tried reading the first Twilight book... Got half-way through it... Was still waiting for something to happen. 8P

And thank you! 8D Good luck with your writing, as well, if you decide to start up with that again.

The Real Nikki
Send a message via MSN to The Real Nikki
  • Challenge The Real Nikki in the Arcade

Old 05-27-2010, 06:31 PM

I spaced off.
Anyways, I hate school work. D: But it has to be done. Then I can scribble off into my own little world of words. <3

GoCloud!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:32 PM

Lolz. I won't have to worry much. I know that either half the population either really dislikes Twilight, or half the population really loves Twilight. For me, I think only the fan girls who really liked it was only because of the movies with the two main guy actors. I would've started the book, but after hearing that Vampires sparkled in sunlight sorta....made me not want to read it anymore. xD

And thank you also. xD I might start up again, but just for fun. I plan on becoming a game designer first >.< xD

Goblin Maiden

Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 PM

Yeah, school is kind of necessary if you want to pass. 8P Good luck with your "word world!" ...Hey, I like that. 8D

And yes, Cloud, the sparkling in the sunlight kind of made me go "wait, what the barbecue?" as well. 8P And writing for fun is the best part, I think. 8D

GoCloud!

Old 05-27-2010, 06:45 PM

lol yea...I feel sorry for all the vampire fans out there and the vampire movies that came after Twilight. xD Sorta...well, it really changed the image of the vampire when it comes to water and sunlight. xD Though, I think the whole werewolf transformation thing was fine. xD

And yes...writing for fun is quite a good thing. Sometimes it just ends up being better than the ones you seriously work on. Then again, that's just coming from my experience. xD

Tags