Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-05-2010, 11:34 PM

Waph was always the quite one in school. Not that many people would notice him, because he was kind of like a ghost. Moving from class to class without a word, or even a sound from his foot steps. Because of that he was always over-looked. The very few friends he did have moved, or just stopped talking to him. All besides one person. They been friends since the first grade, and they always talked at lunch, and between classes when they had enough time, or seen each other in the halls.

Waph was sitting in history class one day when he saw a shadow in the window of the door. He thought it was just a student looking in and seeing what the class was doing, but it stayed there for almost the whole hour and when the kids opened the door there was no one there. Waph being the kind of guy he is just waved it off and thought nothing of it, but it started to happen everyday, and he always had a feeling someone was staring him down.

A few weeks passed, and when the shadow appeared he asked to go to the bathroom. The teacher said go ahead and gave him a hallpass. Once he opened the door there was no one there again. Thinking he was just going insane from lack of friends he started to the bathroom to think for a second about this events. He was looking at himself in the mirror after he splashed cold water on his face when he saw a shadow appear on the wall behind him. He turned around and a transparent girl was staring at him.

"Wh..Who are you?" He said in a very scared voice. The girl in surprise looked at him with her eyes wide. "Y..you can see me?" She replied. Waph in confusion of what is going on said. "I can, but you are see through. What are you?" The girl looked down at him and turned around and disappeared into the wall. He thought for a second about what just happened and scratched his head. "Maybe I am going insane." He turned back around and dried his face with a paper towel.

He headed back to class, when he seen his one and only friend left. "Hello. How are you doing?" He asked as he stopped to greet her. "We need to talk after school. I have something to tell you."

Sforzando
Goddess of Passion and Rage, The...

Old 06-06-2010, 12:51 AM

[[Should Ella have a power or anything like that?]]
Waph wasn't Ella's only friend. She just preferred him over everyone else. He was interesting. He didn't talk too much. He wasn't annoying. And thankfully, he didn't smell. She hated when people stank. It was disgusting.

Ella blinked at such an strange greeting. "Um, I'm fine, I guess. Meet at the gargoyle in the courtyard as usual?" She had grown accustomed to not questioning Waph. He tended to have a reason for waiting till after school. More often than not, the subject was something they'd spend a long time discussing, and their five minute passing period was not long enough. She turned to walk down the hall with him toward class. They had one class left, and their teacher did not allow talking for any reason whatsoever. If you were caught talking, the witch would send a note down to the office signing you up for detention.

Ella had gotten detention three times before.

Waph seemed a little more tense than when he had a random piece of information he wanted to discuss. This must be really important. She clasped his arm and turned to him, but kept walking. "What? What is it?" she whispered.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 01:17 AM

[Up to you. It would make it a little more interesting if it is.]
They walked together to the class. He knew the teacher would over look him in the note as everyone else does, but he didn't want her to have detension over him. "Have you seen teh shadow at the door in history? Well I went to the bathroom and I seen something in the mirror. I will tell you more after class. The usual spot is fine by me. No one goes near it and we can talk without interuptions."

They both walked to the class and he opened the door for her. "After you." He said waving her in. He always wanted to show her how polite he is to her, and it shown how much he cares for her. He always liked her, but he was shy about his feelings, and he loved how close they are. When she held on to him his heart would race, and he felt like he was truely in love. After she walked in he followed behind her and got to his seat quickly and finished his work. After class he was waiting at the assigned spot. He liked to sit on the gargoyle when he was waiting for her.

"I'm glad you are here." he said once she shown up. "I have a few things I wanted to tell you. I hope you wont be angry about one of them." He blushed slightly, but still continued on. "You know we been friends for a long time now. I was hoping I could tell you how I feel about you. I..I like you a lot. More then just friends." He reached his hand out to her so she could see he wasn't lieing. "And the other thing is I seen something in the mirror. A little girl. She was see through. She talked to me and vanised in the wall. She said 'you can see me?' It was a little creepy. Do you think I am going insane?"

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 02:50 AM

[[I can't think of any good power for her. I kinda wanted something passive, like mind reading or seeing the future, but if it were that, she'd already know what Waph wanted to talk to her about. Unless neither of them know they have these powers right now...Is this before they've discovered their powers?]]

Ella's eyes widened when Waph revealed his feelings to her. And it was strange that he could just so quickly change the subject after that. She choked on her spit and began to cough uncontrollably. She doubled-over, trying to breathe. She closed her eyes as she slowly stood back up. Ella pursed her lips and opened her eyes. She licked her lips and then took a deep, cleansing breath. "I'm sorry," she whispered. Then, finding her voice, she said a little louder. "Ghost stories always creeped me out. What about this little girl? You're kidding, right?"

Ella could see in Waph's face that he wasn't kidding. "Um...Waph, I'm sorry, but, seeing things and people that aren't there...is a sign of crazy. Are you sure it wasn't just some girl? Like...some real girl? Another student like us?" Ella couldn't lie to Waph and tell him, No, you're not crazy. They had a great friendship and could always express what they really thought.

Except Waph's little...secret...was not entirely something they'd ever discussed before. It was definitely a bit disconcerting.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 03:09 AM

[Maybe we can do it where the girl makes us follow her and we find out the farther we follow the more we see and the more powers we obtain.]
"I was in the boy's bathroom when she appeared." He looked down to the ground when she said that. "Did you ever notice the shadow in the window in teh door in history?" He covered his face with his hands. "maybe I am crazy." He got all silent, and depressed. "i need to go. I need to be alone for a while." He jumped off the statue and started to walk home. "I'll talk to you later."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 03:26 AM

[[Ok. I'll make her seem like she's really good at reading body language, and start hearing things, but she'll think nothing of it. Very gradually though.]]

Ella frowned at Waph's back. He just sprang that at her. How did he expect her to act? Did he want her to confess her love back to him? She couldn't do that. But Ella could tell she had hurt Waph by not acknowledging what he'd said.

"Wait, no, Waph," she called and then started after him. "Come back, Waph. You're not crazy. Here, tell me about the girl and maybe I can help you figure more about this situation. Please, Waph. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you crazy. Please come back." Ella bit her lip. She could tell Waph didn't want to talk about that. Well, he did, but what he really wanted to talk about was their relationship.

Ella sighed and sat down, resting her back against the gargoyle. She brushed the the dirt off her hands onto her pants. "Waph," she started. "I--I don't know how I feel about you right now. I--I've always thought of you as my best friend. And th--this is a little bit sudden for me. Please understand, I don't mean to hurt you or anything."

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 03:39 AM

"its not that you didn't answer my confession. It is that you don't beleave me." He stopped and turned around to see her again. "If you really feel the same for me as I do you, you wouldn't have said that to me." He looked at her in a sad way. "You can come home with me if you like."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 03:55 AM

Ella sucked in her cheeks, thinking. She wiggled her nose. "Waph, I am flattered that you like me. I'm ju--I just...I don't know. I know that up until this very moment, I have not gotten butterflies. I have not had romantic thoughts. And right now, my stomach is churning. Waph, I care for you deeply. More so than any other person. But I don't know if I love you. Please don't be sad. Just...give me time." She stood up and walked over to him, resting her hand on his shoulder. "It's not like I like anyone else. You just surprised me. I'll always be here for you, Waph." She wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. It seemed awkward to be going home with him after this discussion, but she had to show that she still cared. She smiled. "I'll call my mom and tell her I'm going to your place."

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 04:07 AM

"Sounds good." Lets go you can use my cell." He smiled at her a little and tossed her his cell. "Lets go so I can tell you what I saw at the house." He waited for her to start walking, and walked with her when she got next to him. "It is weird. I have had this feeling for you for a long time now, and I been so shy. I want to be with you. At least give me a try."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 04:12 AM

Ella caught the phone, but didn't open it. "I'm not ready, Waph. I am not ready for a relationship. I don't know how I feel about you. I don't want to get into a relationship with you, realize I don't love you, and then hurt you. I care about you too much." She walked slowly towards him. "How about this," she said, thinking on her feet. "You can try and win me over. Stop talking about how much you like me, and show me." Ooh, that was blunt. Very forward, she thought. She rubbed her tongue on the roof of her mouth. It was kind of weird saying that.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 AM

"How about this instead. Notice when I do something when try to show you how much." He said in a kind of hurt voice. "I have done a lot for you, and you haven't noticed it. A few years ago when you lost your kitty. You told me about it and I went out in the rain to find it, and bring it back home to you. I helped with your homework so many times. I have done a lit for you. I really have." His eyes started to tear up. "Forget I said anything. I'm sorry."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 04:26 AM

Ella stopped walking. He was right. He was absolutely right. She was being horrible. "You're right," she whispered, barely audible. "I can't go home with you." She grabbed his hand quickly and put his phone in it. "I'm sorry," she said and turned. She ran down the sidewalk as fast as she could. She had to get away from him. She really hadn't noticed. She'd hurt him bad. She was horrible. Tears streamed down her face. It was odd how she could be fine one moment and bawling the next. But it happened.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 04:42 AM

"I think I said something wrong. Maybe I should say I'm sorry to her." He stopped and looked at his phone. "I think I should go." He ran after her and barely caught her before she reached her house. He grabbed her hand and stopped her. "Please. Don't be angry. I didn't mean it. I was being mean." He looked at her and seen her crying. "I'm really sorry about what I said. I didn't mean to say those things."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 04:47 AM

Ella pulled her hand away. "No, Waph. You were right. I'm not angry at you. I'm angry at myself. You did nothing wrong, and you shouldn't feel like you have. It was my fault. You were just saying how you felt. I should have picked up the signs earlier. I didn't mean to be so rude back there. I was the one that was wrong. I was wrong about everything. Now...please..." She didn't know how to finish that. Did she want him to go? Did she want him to leave her alone? She looked up at her house and knew that if she went in there, she'd be asked all sorts of questions. If she didn't, her phone would be plagued by her mother worrying. She didn't want her mother to see her crying or hear her crying. She'll just...let her worry for a while. She needed to calm down.

Ella turned her back on Waph and walked down the sidewalk.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 04:56 AM

"Hey don't walk away. I want to talk." He stopped her again and pulled her close to him. He pulled her into his arms and held her. "please don't leave me alone." He snuggled his head into her shoulder. "Please."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 05:01 AM

"No, Waph," she said, feebly trying to pull away. "I need to be alone. I need to think." She was too tired to pull away anymore and just sank into his arms. She closed her eyes and hid her face in his shoulder, breathing deeply. She smiled a little. She loved his smell. The smile didn't last long, though, because she remembered why he was holding her. He should not be the one comforting her. Why did it end up this way? Oh, yeah. It's because I'm a big baby.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 05:07 AM

Waph turned her around and kissed her. After a few seconds he pulled away. "Don't think you need to be alone. I think you need to listen to what I have to say." He gave her a hug and looked her in the eyes. "Just don't be that way. You been doing this for a long time and I hurt everytime you do. Don't be sad, angry, or anything."

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 05:16 AM

Ella looked at Waph with a blank face. She stood there limply, her arms by her side, waiting for him to explain. She was trying to listen to him, but her mind was a thousand miles away. That...kiss...

She...liked it. Her heart beat a little faster in her chest. But her stomach clenched. She was scared. Scared of love. Scared of a relationship. Scared of commitment. She didn't want to be in a relationship. She didn't even know if it was just the kiss she liked, or Waph himself. She took several deep breaths, trying to calm her stomach, heart, and mind. She pursed her lips, so she wouldn't be able to say anything and would just listen.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 05:29 AM

"I have loved you for a long time. I know you might not love me back, but I love you, and thats all that really matters. I don't care if you love me back. As long as I am with you. Freinds or more then it." He picked her up and started to walk to his house. "Its funny. We known each other for a long time, and you never been in my house." He walked with a faster pace. "I want to change that." He held her so closely to him as he walked to his house. A few minutes went by and they reached his house. He let her down and he held her hand as they walked into his house.

"I don't know if you know this already but I live alone here." he said looking a little sad about it. "My parents died when I was young and I lived with my aunt and uncle here. One day they told me to find a job and I did and the next day they were gone." He looked at the interior of the house. It was clean and tidy. He kept it clean as best as he could and always made sure to clean after himself.

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 07:12 PM

It was a awkward for Ella to be carried by Waph. Being so close. . . She wrapped her arms around his neck until they got to his place.

Ella looked around his house. It was very clean. Realizing just how alone Waph was saddened her. "I, uh, I have to call my mom," she said and pulled out her phone. She told her mom where she was and apologized for not calling sooner. Then she hung up. Her mom wasn't worried about her. Waph was harmless. Ella's mom was sure they wouldn't be fooling around.

Maybe it'd be best to ignore the love subject for now and tackle some bigger issues. "Now, what about that girl?"

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 07:39 PM

"Lets go and talk in my room. I still feel like I'm being watched." He stated before walking down the hall to a spiral stair case. He waited for her then started up them. the stairs was like his door to his room there was no door just a hole that lead to his room. "Thats a lot better. Now on to the girl topic. She looked to be aroud 13 or so. Something you don't see in a high school." He started telling her what he saw. "She looked at me in a strange way, kinda like she liked me or something. It was weird." He looked at her seeing she seemed worried about what he is saying. Waph motioned her to his bed and sat down in a chair next to his closet.

"Umm..Ella. Can I ask you something personal?" He said out of the blue.

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 07:48 PM

Ella sighed and sat down on his bed. She didn't think she could take too much of this personal stuff. "Sure, go ahead." It couldn't hurt, I guess. Might as well get it all out in one day. "Depending on how personal, though, I'm not sure I'll give you an answer. But what is it? What do you want to know?"

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 07:52 PM

"Do you really think I'm going insane?" He looked at her his eyes showing concern of her answer. He didn't want to be insane. He wanted to be normal so she would like him. "Insane poeple do evil things. Do you think if I am insane that I would too?" He glanced off to the window of his room and seen the shadow casted over it. He knew they were being watched. He could feel it.

Sforzando

Old 06-06-2010, 08:13 PM

"Waph, you're not evil. And you're not insane. I just...I just think that...ghosts don't exist." She followed his eyes to the window, but saw nothing. Just the blue sky and the sun shining through. She shuddered. There was a strange vibe in the room. "Do you feel that?" she asked. "Like...something's watching us." She could tell Waph felt it, too. Ella had a sudden rush of sadness. It was gone as soon as it had come, and she didn't know why.

Prophet of dark times
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-06-2010, 08:17 PM

"I been feeling that for a few weeks now. Someone is at the window and they are casting a shadow. But no one can stond near the window it is on the second floor." He stood up and moved next to her on the bed. "I know it feels weird, but it is nothing." He wrapped his arms around her to comfort her. He kissed her on the cheek and held her in his arms. "Would it be alright since it is now the weekend that you can stay here with me for the night?"