lillian90005
The scars are nothing compared t...
Send a message via AIM to lillian90005

Old 07-05-2010, 12:44 AM

What did you think about the Twilight's Eclipse movie? Me...I thought after I saw it, it was the best Twilight movie yet. It was so much like the book, they put in the good parts (such as Jacob kissing Bella forcefully and Bella breaks her hand trying to punch Jacob for it, Rosalie's back story on how she became a vampire and why she's such a jerk to Bella, when Bella wants to have sex with Edward and they really get into it, but Edward stops themselves, when Bella begs Jacob to kiss her to make him feel better and not try to kill himself, and then the whole Bella saving Edward.) I thought it was so much better than the last two. I think that the director needs to go back and remake Twilight! People say it wasn't all that exciting. Uh, no. New Moon wasn't exciting! Bella was all pathetically emo and that was it. But the Volturi were amazing in New Moon. ;) And plus, Eclipse...wasn't very dramatic for a change. :)

So what are everyone's opinions???

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-06-2010, 01:23 PM

(TWILIGHT VAMP BASHING WARNING)

By far Eclipse was my favorite of them. They toned down the sparkles, so they were no longer super-ultra-mega-uber-sparkly-sparkle-fun-time-disco-vampires, and were just sparkly vamps. Edward never had his shirt off (thank god!) and Jacob and the wolf-pack never wore a full set of clothes :drool:

I loved the part where Jacob and Bella pulled up to Bella's house, and Charlie runs out and he's all 'What happened?!' and Jake was all, 'Uh...Bella kinda broke her hand...on my face...' XD Best Scene Ever!

lillian90005

Old 07-06-2010, 06:41 PM

AGREED! I was laughing when Edward got all up in Jake's face! XD

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-06-2010, 10:46 PM

I liked Eclipse better than Twilight and New Moon combined. Plenty of action, plus I got to learn quite a few things (i.e. just HOW controlling Edward really is of Bella, and yet Bella doesn't listen anyway). Yes, I totally agree about how funny the Charlie scene is but he's rather pushy towards getting Bella with Jacob because they're childhood friends. Definitely love how you get to see Rosalie and Jasper's stories but we never got to see Emmett or Alice's past, which is the downside. Wish they could have shown more of Rosalie's being able to murder her ex-fiance and his friends, though. I don't particularly like the Volturi, especially Dakota Fanning's speech, it was a bit mundane.

But being the Twilight fan (no not Twihard, I'm not that crazy) that I am, I'll probably go see it again, just no idea when.

lillian90005

Old 07-07-2010, 12:52 AM

I think Alice and Emmet's back stories come in the fourth movie because, if I remember correctly, they were in the fourth book. And yes, I agree Charlie is push over that matter...but you gotta admit, he's just flat out plain funny trying. XD I LOVED the Volturi in New Moon...but I wanted to murder them in Eclipse. :/ Bree didn't need to die. And I hate Jane's character period. :P

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-07-2010, 04:28 AM

I felt so sad for Bree...dude she's just a kid and, who is it, Felix that kills her? Found out I'm gonna see it again on Monday with my 30something year old aunt coz she wants to see it. Anyway yeah I don't remember what happens in the books. I've only read the entire series once, so yeah thanks for the clarification.

lillian90005

Old 07-07-2010, 04:42 AM

Same here. :( I TRIED rereading the series...only got up to the second chapter of Eclipse. -_-* No problemo.

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-07-2010, 08:35 AM

I don't even have ANY of the books so it's not like I have immediate access to them. Never got around to buying the set, I suppose. My cousin lent me his copy of New Moon but I was too busy to reread it so I just gave it back.

lillian90005

Old 07-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Ah I see. Well, my first twilight book I bought was Breaking Dawn when it first came out. And then after that, I bought New Moon. I would have got Twilight, but my sister lost her copy that could have been mine. Then when the movie came out, I bought the twilight copy with the movie cast on the cover. Just past Spring, my friend bought the Hard Back version of Eclipse for like six bucks from TJ Max. XD Gotta love the order you buy books in...

Krazy Kiara
Your frendly krazy gurl

Old 07-09-2010, 01:43 AM

i didn't see the movie because the last to i seen sucked plus i read all the books long before i saw the movies i think the books were better

lillian90005

Old 07-09-2010, 02:13 AM

Ah I can understand that. But Eclipse was SO much like the book! O.o

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-09-2010, 03:05 AM

With the exception of not putting in Quil imprinting on his little cousin and them playing on the beach collecting rocks. I was actually looking forward to seeing that.

lunanuova
l u n a

Penpal

Old 07-10-2010, 03:20 PM

Best movie of the series yet. Very close to the book. Some scenes could be slightly changed, but they are good enough. I have read the books about 3-4 times each.
MarMar: Yes! I wanted that to be in it too! Though I guess it would take away all the intensity and build up of the battle.

I want the DVD now (:
I think David Slade is the best director they have had yet. It wasn't choppy, like New Moon and it had a great visual presence, much more proffessional than the other films.

Xx_IwIshIwasafIsh_xX
I Will Steal Your Face.

Old 07-11-2010, 07:56 PM

I liked Eclipse. From the commercials, where the vampire aqrmy thing was coming up from the water, I was like "WTF is that about? D:"
But I love that dude who leads for Victoria.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 07-13-2010, 10:55 AM

The rocks were in Breaking Dawn, from jacobs POV

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-13-2010, 06:46 PM

See, we can't even keep track of what goes on in each book now!

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 07-17-2010, 06:35 AM

I'm not a huge fan of the Twilight series, but my friend and me have seen all of them to date. Saw Eclipse tonight. I have to say it wasn't bad. I loved the use of hilarity and seriousness at the appropriate moments. Especially the scene with 'The Talk'. *giggles* but it was rather amusing, and entertaining... didn't like how they emphasised the triangle of Bella, Edward, and Jacob, but I did like the boy's moment in the tent... So goods, bads, it was the best so far though.

Sea Godess

Old 07-17-2010, 04:59 PM

The movie was pretty good. It was kind of like the book, but they added a part that wasn't really in the book. So between the movie and the book I like the book better.

TempusBliss
⊙ω⊙

Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 AM

I had to hold my tongue and prevent myself from going MST3K in the theater.

When Mr. Nonpire and Mr. Furball were about to go at each other throats, Bella said that she was Switzerland. I peg her more on the lines of Helen of Troy sans good looks.

mew123mew
mew123mew

Old 07-19-2010, 03:18 AM

i loved it! it was great~

Marguerite Blakeney
Kidnapped by Tumblr

Old 07-19-2010, 07:56 AM

Tempus, your opinion puts a smile on my face : ) They definitely are fighting over a silly girl.

L o g a n
hay

Old 07-21-2010, 10:01 PM

the second time i saw the movie i spilled my candy cursing at bella. pretty much calling her a ho to put it nicely. everyone thought i was hilarious.

anyways im not sure where i would rank it between the other two. maybe they're all equal to me idk. the ending was pretty lame. i felt bad for the new born vampire girl. and i let out an obnoxious HAH in the theater when jacob said "IM HOTTER" in the tent.

and...thats it! next movie plz!

The Roze
(^._.^)ノ

Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 PM

In my opinion Eclipse is the best film out of the three. It was quite loyal to the book, and managed to keep the mood of Twilight right. The fact that vampires seem to be made of diamond in it confused me slightly, though >_<
I also didn't like how serious Charlie was when Jacob kissed Bella. I can udnerstand Edward getting so mad over it, but in the book, Charlie just laughed and said "Good for you" or something to Jacob