Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 01-10-2011, 12:28 AM

Sky Pirates Recruitement Agency
You think you got what it takes to win a Pure Love Sash?

After a recent Community Discussion thread. I had an itch, we need new people! I have mulled over this, and well, decided I wanted to see what this site could do for itself! That is right, I want to know what all of you guys can do for this site! This site is in a depression. A lot of the forums are deathly slow. We need new blood! Myself, and the Menewshan Defense Liberation Front are bringing you some stellar prizes if you can recruit active users! Highest prize being a Pure Love Sash! Yes! The Peeblo Army representative Jeff and I were talking. We have decided to give away our (it is really his.. he just lets me use it when I am good T_T) Pure Love Sash.

The Objective!

The goal for this contest is to see what people are willing to do for their part on this island. It has been a long time since a contest was last held. Some of those users are still on this island who were recruited during it! Lets see if we can beat that one this time! Our goal is to recruit 300 people! Lets double the active people who leave their homes to come into town!

Please Note: This is not a site run contest. Everything in this is contest is my own stuff. Nothing is generated to this contest and would prefer no donations to this contest. I will decline each one. I understand some people may have the feeling of wanting to help.

This contest will run from January 10th, 2011 until April 11th, 2011. At that point I will close this contest and tally the numbers. Shortly afterwords hand out prizes.

Please use this thread for only application purposes and helping this thing stay on top if need be. I have a thread in Community Discussion for the purpose of talking about this site, where to recruit at, how to recruit and everything related to this contest.

Discussion Thread

Last edited by Bartuc; 01-10-2011 at 01:22 AM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 01-10-2011, 12:29 AM

The Rules to this Contest!

• You cannot create a mule and enter them. If you are caught doing that you will be disqualified. If you have more then one mule when doing this. You will be reported.
  • Your island recruit must actively post at a minimum of 20 times a week. I understand we all have a real life, however. 20 posts a week is not hard. This will also help them gain gold!
  • If they have a mule, they cannot enter that mule. This contest is per individual person, not each account. If they are caught aiding you in this. Their name will be pulled from the overall numbers.
  • I am making very few rules. Very very few rules. I am also giving away up to 500,000 gold in items in this Contest. My own hard-earned stuff. Please do not cheat, cause you are just trying to screw over others in order to help yourself out.

The Recruiter's Obligation

• Keep in mind. This site still has rules, and breaking those rules in order achieve the prize is not right. This contest does not supersede the site's rules.
  • You cannot 'bring back' old users. Every user entered will have a join date after January 9th, 2011.
  • Do not enter an application for your recruit until after they have 100 posts. Which means, it is your job to get them active and help them feel welcomed here.
  • You are not required to give them any free gold or clothes. Though it is nice, will not be used in the overall judgment of your recruit and you.
  • Make sure they read the rules, so the poor staff doesn't have a bunch of work. Please ^^;

The Recruited's obligation.

• Please keep in mind. The person who recruited you here is trying to show you a good time. Giving this site a try never hurts.
  • Jump into any random place and start having a conversation! Meet people and enjoy your time!
  • Reading and understanding the Terms of Service and Site Rules so that you do not get into any trouble while you get the feel for this site.
  • Enjoy yourself! A minimum requirement is that you have 20 posts in a week. Which, when you start having conversations with people. You will start to really enjoy your time here and you will find people willing to help you out. =)
  • Talking to an alternative account of your own will result in your disqualification, which does hurt you and your recruiter. Your recruiter will not get the credit for you, and you will be reported for spamming.

Application

Below will be the application, in a broken down easy to read way. Once your recruit has reached 100 posts. Feel free to post the application with a ping to Bartuc. I will then go on my super-stalking spree and check them out. I will PM you personally to let you know if they are accepted or if there was a minor issue and to wait a bit before trying them again. =)

[b]Recruiter's Name[/b]: Your username.
[b]Recruiter's Mule Name[/b]: You can private message me this info if you like.
[b]Recruited's Name[/b]: The person you recruited's username.
[b]Recruited's mule account[/b]: If applicable.
[b]Their Join date[/b]:
[b]Their current posts[/b]:
[b]Their favorite thing about the site[/b]:

Last edited by Bartuc; 01-10-2011 at 01:14 AM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 AM

The Awards!

The prizes will be award in a ladder fashion. The more people brought to this site per person, the higher the ladder gets unlocked! Check out this kick ass ladder for prizes! The top of the ladder will only be unlocked if 3 users achieve it, OR They bring in 75 people on their own. The person with the most recruits will receive the ultimate unlocked prize. The next person in line will receive the next prize in the list and so forth. So, the higher the ladder the more that gets unlocked.

50 Brand New Users Brought to this Site!

Pure Love Sash
Given out during Valentine's Day in 2007! This item is worth 220,000 gold+ and is rarely ever sold on the exchange!

35 Brand New Users Brought to this Site!
or
Oriental Fan or Pudao of Time!
These Contribution items from September 2007. This item is worth 110,000 gold!

10 Brand New Users Brought to this Site!
or
Panda Slippers or Bee Slippers
Contribution Item from October 2007. These items are worth 20,000 gold each!

Consolation Prizes!!
For each person who brings 5 active users to this site. You will receive a free Midas Touch & Yinyang set!

Last edited by Bartuc; 01-10-2011 at 12:46 AM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

The Applications Entered

When entering an application via this thread. I will link your name to the post itself. =) All names will be in alphabetical order, cause its easier to count that way.

Last edited by Bartuc; 01-23-2011 at 12:06 AM..

Bartuc
Sky Pirate

Reserved 5

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 01-10-2011, 04:22 AM

So, I just wanted to pop in and say this is an AWESOME idea. >w<
If I posted before you were done reserving, feel free to shoot me in the foot or something, for stepping in, rofl. XDD

I can try my best, not promising I can get anyone though, as my friends don't seem to do websites much. >;

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 01-10-2011, 05:30 AM

Yeah, I don't personally see myself being able to do anywhere above maybe one or two people. :sweat:

Especially given the fact that, like Simplicity, none of my friends outside of Menewsha (on or offline) are really into sites like these. :gonk:

-makes grabby hands at the Pudao before running away- :ninja:

Vickyll3
Multi Media
Penpal

Old 01-10-2011, 05:48 AM

This is a pretty great idea
But all my friends are so called to "grown"
I'm 20 and I dont see the big deal

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-10-2011, 05:59 AM

Too bad i recruited almost everyone i knew online, back when mene had a similar contest xD.

Nivvy
(っ◔◡◔)&...

Old 01-10-2011, 08:02 AM

Was that the iPod Touch contest Roach? Cool idea though, I hope it brings in some new folks @o@;;

.Simplicity.
(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Send a message via MSN to .Simplicity.

Old 01-10-2011, 08:03 AM

I think Roachy's talking about wayyy back when the site did a contest to get new users, and the main prize was a Clover Hairpin I believe? I can't remember if it was Green/Gold, but Roachy won because of RyeRye, rofl. :p

Rylynne
your resident bonafide coffee ad...

Old 01-10-2011, 02:07 PM

As one of those who actually joined Mene during the time of that contest (like Shannie said, due to Roachi's referral on Gaia xDD), I'm really excited for this! :'> I'm sure there are people out there who were like me back then, and would be willing to stay like I did.

I'll try to do my part, but I'm with those people who don't have a lot of friends around who play avatar sites. xDD;; Sure, they're like, "Oh? Interesting. Cool then." But that's the extent of their interest in it; no, "I'll check it out!" and stuff. ^^;;

Good luck to future participants then! :'> <3<3

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 PM

Yah that's the one shanny. I got a gold clover pin, which i sold to start ARK.
Yes thanks to Nae, who had more posts then me by the end of that contest LOLOLOL.

Arikana
do you believe?

Old 01-10-2011, 10:25 PM

This sounds like great, though I don't think I'd participate just cause I'm really busy with college already and don't really participate in referral contests (on either end) to begin with. XP

But good luck to everyone who participates! : )

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachi View Post
Yah that's the one shanny. I got a gold clover pin, which i sold to start ARK.
Yes thanks to Nae, who had more posts then me by the end of that contest LOLOLOL.
Daaamn, for reals? XD
that's insane. I'd invite my bf, but, he doesn't really like forums too much. Especially not after I made him join gaia, aha.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-10-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
Daaamn, for reals? XD
that's insane. I'd invite my bf, but, he doesn't really like forums too much. Especially not after I made him join gaia, aha.

Yeps lol.
I can't remember how many referrals i got but it was quite a few.
Lols, i'd invite mine but i think he'd rather die a thousand deaths xD.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 01-11-2011, 01:37 AM

This sounds like an excellent way to get the site moving a bit faster again...that and a great way to get certain often sold items out of the exchange. o.o However, I am not entirely sure how many folks I'll be able to send this way, as few of my friends are into forums.

Rylynne

Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 AM

Did I have more posts than you by the end of the contest? o_o;;
I honestly can't remember, lolz. xDD;;

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-11-2011, 02:06 AM

Ya i believe so lol. You had made 9000 posts during that contest.

Kultura
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via MSN to Kultura

Old 01-11-2011, 12:12 PM

This could be worth a shot :3
I think. Ha xD

Rylynne

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM

@ Chi : Wow, cool then? xDD;; Why do you remember anyway? o_o;; Or did you just check the thread where the winner was announced? =O <3<3

Sakura_Madison
The Lover of Red
Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Sakura_Madison Send a message via MSN to Sakura_Madison Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura_Madison

Old 01-11-2011, 10:49 PM

Awesome idea!

I have no idea who I know that can come to this site.

Hope that we do get some new users.

Roachi
ϟ△⃒⃘

Penpal

Old 01-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylynne View Post
@ Chi : Wow, cool then? xDD;; Why do you remember anyway? o_o;; Or did you just check the thread where the winner was announced? =O <3<3

I remember coz that was when i got my first infraction for not quoting lol. It's funny how you remember only the bad stuff xD.

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 01-13-2011, 05:34 PM

Cause the bad stuff are what sticks. Good moments are fleeting. :lol:

Aah... I remember that contest. One of the few friends I managed to convince to even actually try out this place. Only 2 were interested enough to stick around so far, after all these years of trying. xD

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 01-13-2011, 07:43 PM

I've got 3 people to join mene...but none of them are active. :( No one seems to enjoy it as I do.