Erinmc
(-.-)zzZ

Old 12-27-2011, 04:45 AM

So,
I'm never able to really do inking very well in Photoshop, for digital art. I have Photoshop Elements 2.0 and one of the newer versions of Paintshop Pro.
I can't really find an effective way to ink though, considering neither program has paths/:.
Does anyone know a tutorial or can explain to me how to ink without it?
If you an help, it's much appreciated, thanks!

Shion Uzuki
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-02-2012, 01:45 AM

I usually use a tablet. The only way I know how to ink otherwise is either using your mouse, or using paths. With a tablet, I've found that inking large things quickly and efficiently can be a bit of a problem in photoshop. The lines get really squiggly when you zoom out. So inking something large a print resolution takes FOREVER. I've started to do inking in other programs like SAI and then use Photoshop for coloring.

keres corvax
Dirt Girl Dita
Penpal
Send a message via ICQ to keres corvax Send a message via AIM to keres corvax Send a message via MSN to keres corvax Send a message via Yahoo to keres corvax

Old 04-01-2012, 01:43 AM

With photoshop elements it really does take a bit without the paths tool, and unlike the normal photoshop we don't get the pen tool. which is the same thing as the paths tool for gimp. But to ink in photoshop, you really need to find an area that is comfortable for you and do nice even pen strokes for your lines.

Other than that, I suggest downloading GIMP onto your computer so that you can have the paths tool, it takes a little bit to navigate the program, it's like a not so fancy version of photoshop.

I find myself occasionally using GIMP to take up my backgrounds when i have a nice solid background, and then I copy and past the image into photoshop. or I open a new file in photoshop with the clipboard. Doing that is another way to take and put a image into photoshop that you have copied and pasted from anywhere.

sam-deanwinchester
(-.-)zzZ

Old 07-16-2012, 12:54 AM

a tutorial won't teach you how to do lineart. It will teach you a techqunie (it won't make u good as the person who doing the tutorial. It just shows you how they do it). The only way to improve is to practice. If your referring to the inking tool on ps then there is tutorials on DA.