xkimbo

Old 01-17-2012, 02:26 PM

Hi my name is Kimberly but everyone just calls me Kim or Kimbo : )
I am actually a very nice person and I love meeting new people.
Some of my interests are reading Manga and watching Anime and Role playing.
One day I want to start Cosplaying but I don't have the money for that at the moment.
I am a Junior in High School (which means I am sixteen going on seventeen in two months and four days : D )
I live in Germany but I am fluent in English and German.
And I am not good at introductions sorry : P
Nice to meet you ♥

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-17-2012, 03:29 PM

Hey Kim, welcome to Menewsha! :boogie:
And I think your introduction is good. Better than mine, anyway. :ninja:

What sorts of manga do you like to read? :O

xkimbo

Old 01-17-2012, 03:36 PM

Hi : )
Thank you
well I have read a lot of manga... I normally read them online but right now I am trying to buy all the Bleach Manga (like the books) i have bought the 20th so far so yeah. haha
I actually don't like reading those sort of manga but I like more Drama and Romance and stuff like that : )
What about you?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Woot! Yeah, I read manga online most of the time too. I just can't wait for the chapters and don't want to have to buy all the magazine when there's only a few series that I want to read. :ninja:

I usually read shonen or seinen and etc, horror's good too though most of the horror-genre mangakas are less than impressive with their drawing skills and story plots...Junji Ito's the only one that I love, for horror-genre mangas, that is. I also read series like Berserk, Claymore, Hunter x Hunter, Kuroshitsuji, Bakuman, ...amongst others. :)

xkimbo

Old 01-17-2012, 03:51 PM

I kind of like horror too but not too extreme
do you know any that are scary but not like extreme scary that mabe have a bit of romance in it? (sorry that's a wired question)
do you watch anime?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-17-2012, 03:54 PM

Hmm...I don't think so. :sweat: Some of Junji Ito's stories have romance in it, though in a twisted sort of way so it's probably not what you're looking for. :sweat:

And I don't watch anime much...too many fillers and they often drag things out, so I prefer reading manga, where I can read it at my own pace. :)

xkimbo

Old 01-17-2012, 04:00 PM

oh that's fine I'm just looking for a good manga to read at the moment
yeah i used to like watching anime better but after a while it did start stretching and with manga, like you said, you can read at your own speed and not have to pause the whole thing (i always watched them with subtitles so haha)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM

Yeah, and also because I'm either in class (back then) or at work (now), so I don't really have the time to watch anime. With manga, I could just sneak it into the office and read it under the desk or something. :XD

xkimbo

Old 01-17-2012, 04:05 PM

true....haha that is really true
and I don't know why but it seems easier to find a good manga than a good anime don't you think so?

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-17-2012, 04:08 PM

I think it's because in order for an anime to be made, the manga has to be popular to a certain extent...hence why despite there are so many manga out there, there're less amounts of anime out there, and they may not be what you're looking for because your tastes might be different from the general public.

Check out the manga Bakuman, it has a lot of stuff on the manga industry in it, and it has some romance in it too, like in a slice-of-life sort. It's about the lives of several mangakas. :)

I gotta head off to bed now, it's midnight here. :XD See you around Kim! :)

SkittlesTheIcePrincess
⊙ω⊙

Old 01-18-2012, 01:29 AM

Hello Kim Nice to meet you!
Welcome to the site!
I hope you enjoy your stay here!
Im new too :)
Hope to see you around the site!

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 01-18-2012, 06:02 AM

Hello Kimbo! I'm not sure I can give you a more gracious welcoming than 飛段, but we are certainly glad to have you here! Judging by the interests stated in your introduction, you should fit right in and find your place readily. Hope you stick around with us! If you have any questions, the users are by and large friendly, and you can always contact the mods like myself if you are daunted by anything in particular.