Auric Dreams
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-17-2012, 02:05 PM

Okay at first glance I guess you would think this thread is pretty random, but its not, I promise.

See I was eating a pop tart just a few minutes ago and I realized I eat my pop tarts very oddly. I was eating a brown sugar pop tart and I noticed I eat the outer part first on both pop tarts, stack them together, and eat the inner the inner part of the pop tart stacked on each other.

Now I have a couple questions for you then,
How do you eat your Pop tarts?
What's your favorite flavor?
When did you last have one?
If you don't like them, why?

And aside from those questions to get you started, this thread is really just about the topic pop tarts, so feel free to talk about pop tart related things here.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-17-2012, 05:19 PM

I have yet to find Pop Tarts that do not contain gelatin. I haven't eaten a Pop Tart since I've became a vegetarian, 9 years ago. I do with I could find a veggie friendly version with less sugar so I can eat them though. I used to just eat mine cold right out of the box.

Balsac
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-17-2012, 07:42 PM

Mystic: There are the ones without frosting that do not contain gelatin. Also, toaster pastries! Vegetarian friendly!

Other than that, I usually don't have time to eat poptarts in any other way than just..regularly biting into them :C

Athilea Majiri
The Beloved

Old 06-17-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't eat pop tarts any longer, but when I did I ate them cold. I don't like how they taste when they are hot. I feel like heating them takes the flavor out of them. I don't eat pop tarts because they are filled with so much sugar and unnatural ingredients. Even if they claimed to be all natural I would be leery of them.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 06-18-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsac View Post
Mystic: There are the ones without frosting that do not contain gelatin. Also, toaster pastries! Vegetarian friendly!

Other than that, I usually don't have time to eat poptarts in any other way than just..regularly biting into them :C
I will have to look for those. They look yummy!

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 06-18-2012, 09:43 PM

I love strawberry and raspberry poptarts. Except I never pop mine. I open the package, and rip at it to pop in my mouth. I hate toasted poptarts, they taste funny.

spunky
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 PM

I've tried the organic ones. They taste better. Plus I like whole grain!

MacSen191
\ (•◡•) /

Old 06-18-2012, 09:48 PM

I agree with you codette, toasted pop tarts don't taste the same. Almost kinda um.... well the dough tastes kinda ick and the fruit just tastes better not heated to me at least. I dunno... I love the choclate fudge ones... those are the best.

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 06-19-2012, 12:25 PM

Poptarts are awesome. used to be able to get them relatively cheap at supermarkets here, but now we have to get them from specialty stores that sell American candy. Haven't really had them since they stopped selling them at the supermarkets....but I did like them toasted.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 06-19-2012, 06:26 PM

I used to eat poptarts when I worked and needed something quick to grab and go. Sometimes I'd eat them cold, sometimes toasted. I like the way the pastry is warm and a bit more flaky-ish when it's toasted. I used to get the Sundae flavor. :XD
Though, I think I ate another fruit flavor that didn't have the icing on it too.
But, these days I stick to Toaster Strudels~

Elluh
(╯°□°)╯...

Old 06-22-2012, 01:16 AM

I like to eat my pop tarts frozen or just out of the box. I don't mind any flavor except for cinnamon, but my favorite would have to be either blueberry or strawberry. It's been a while since I've bought any though.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 06-22-2012, 10:37 AM

Pop tarts? I always hear the name, have never seen or eaten them. O.o I'm actually kind of jealous right now.

Laila Izuka
Culinary Arts Ninja~

Old 06-22-2012, 01:03 PM

I usually eat my poptarts by taking it apart piece by piece and then eat it xD. And then if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, I just devour the rest of the poptart as it is. Though I don't mind if they are heated up or cold. Sometimes it depends on what flavor I have. But I have yet to find a flavor that I haven't liked. But I prefer eating the berry flavored ones :3, especially blueberry, which is what I have <3

Darkness Within
Fallen

Old 06-22-2012, 11:12 PM

I have not had a poptart in years, I was once obsessed with the brown sugar and blueberry flavors though back in high school.