Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 PM

EXPERIMENT FIVE

Name: Jay Prince

Jay's a particularily intellegent young man, he dresses smartly and whilst taking himself seriously he's also rather rude to many of his friends and colleges, he worked from his own lab which is now government property before being snatched from his workplace and made to be something more. He was working on a regenerative serum designed to reduce the signs of aging and he knew if would sell, he experiemented on himself butas he was not aging the properties were too strong for him and he found he could heal wounds. Once this leaked he was stolen and the experiements carried out further. He doesn't know what they did to him or what he's doing in this under-sea experiment chamber but he's rather suspicious.

Name: Stefan Black

He was a young athlete preparing for the inter-college sports even of the decade before he was taken one day after training, he was a popular guy and all the girls liked him but he wasn't particularily bright which is why he had such a strong passion in sport because endurance and the thrive to suceed was all you needed to be great. Not only did he compete in athletics but he was also a keen swimmer and competed in many mixed Martial arts fights.

Jay woke in a hospital bed under very bright fluorescent tube lighting. He saw that one hand was attached to his bed like a handcuff, at least her had the other, he felt sick though. He could feel the bile rising up in his throat and his body felt numb like it wasn't his, he worried he had been in some kind of a car accident or something but all he remembered last was putting some files away into storage. He knew he needed to get back to his lab because in a few days he had to respond to a client, it was odd though he felt as if he had been sleeping for a very ling time and he just couldn't get his head around any sort of a timescale. He looked at his watch. "Five days?" He muttered to himself, he'd been out for five days. He heard a shout to his left, it hadn't occurred to him that he wasn't the only person in this ward.

Stefan was held down by considerably more straps than the guy next to him, he shouted out strangle cries, whatever was being pumped into every fiber of his body made his muscles feel like that were bathing in fire. He shook in his bed unable to think clearly of any words, unable to feel human, he felt defeated. He cried out in pain again and a couple of people in lab coats ran to his bedside shouting all sorts of numbers and discussing in load tones about his heart rate.
"If we don't slow it now, he'll be just like the others."
"We need to get him past the initial stages."
"He could die. Do you want that on your conscience?"

[[sorry it took me so long to get this posted.]]

Castleofglass
Only a crack in this castle of g...

Old 08-08-2013, 12:16 AM

August Waters:

A straight-A college student in Cornell University, August had the potential to be a successful student and make it in the business world, if it werent for her mental disease. She had been diagnosed with acute schizophrenia and often she gets mental breakdowns, claiming that she could see at different color wavelengths. Of course no one would believe her, especially when she went off about how she could see ghosts in her vision. They all blamed it on her schizophrenia and the fact that every intelligent student has their own flaws. She had learned to control her panic attacks, yet she still had a pit in her stomach where she knew her vision went off sometimes for a reason. On one of her days when she had a panic attack, a doctor came into her dorm, injected her with a fluid to make her fall asleep.

Serena Evans:
Age 19

Serena was the shyest person her high school, so she spent most of her time in the little hidden corners of her school, reading and thinking to herself. She didn't know, but often times she would be completely invisible to others, which only further increased her reclusiveness. She was exceptionally bright, but of course no one seemed to care or notice. One day, police came into her school searching for her. With difficulty, they found her and forced her to come with them to be shipped off to an unknown destination.

August woke up with a start when she realized she wasn't in her dorm. She had been panicking again because her vision began to change so that she could see infrared, which freaked her out. A doctor came in and injected her with something. That was all she remembered. Now she was somewhere strange. It looked like a laboratory, but not the university one. She stood up and looked around, searching for a sign of life. A doctor began peering at her to her left.

"Vision's back to normal, I see." He said before writing something down on his clip board. August's hand went up to her head. Things were taped to her head that were attached to a monitor beside her. The readings showed a straight, horizontal line.

"What are you doing? Where am I?!" She finally blurted out.

The doctor lab. "Just be patient, darling. All will be answered soon enough."

Serena was taken into a room, in which people in lab coats began putting things on her. She began to protest and attempt to fight them, but to no avail. They were much too strong for her. "What are you doing? Get off of me!" She croaked, her last strength being put into shoving the men away. They finally left her alone with several tabs put on her ligaments. What is this? She thought to herself, poking at the tabs. The people locked the door behind them, leaving her in the glass container.

"Let me out! What are you doing to me?!" She began tapping the glass and eventually pounding it with her fist, "Release me!" The men left her to take care of other things. Serena watched them go mournfully and lowered her hand. She slumped down to the cushioned floor and sighed. What are they going to do to me? She crawled to the nearest corner and sat there, her habits of sitting alone in school kicking in. Slowly, without her noticing she began slipping into her invisibility form, the only thing visible on her is the tabs on her skin.

((Hahah It's fine it kinda took me a while too :x))

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Jay looked across to his left, he saw a girl the doctors were checking over, she was very pretty next to her was a tank which he could have sworn had another female only a minute ago. He felt dazed and confused, the doctors came to see him.
"Is this really necessary? I don't know where I am I can't exactly escape can I now?" He complained about the straps to his arm. "And what about that guy, why is he pinned down. Oh jeeze I've gone mad surely. This is a mental institute. But considering i've realised the possibility of thinking I'm mad that makes me not mad... And by the way what the hell do you have me drugged up on here because it's strong." He pulled his arm from the liquid drip but it was to no avail. The men in lab coats walked away from him.
"I want answers!" Jay shouted, "Give me answers!! This is against my human rights you foul men!" He sighed heavily.
"What you looking at?" He said to the guy next to him.

Stefan grunted at the guy near him, he was in too much pain to form proper words, it now felt like mild electrocution.
"No-nothi-ing-ing." He sighed angrily and let out a tired breath, "Where a-am I I?" He asked the guy, he seemed smart there was just a smart look on his face so Stefan thought he would have the answers.The guy simply shrugged at him.
"I'm Stefa-a-ann."He said, "You?" He asked, the guy looked back at him and replied
"Nice to meet you Stef an an" He said mockingly.
Stefan rolled his eyes, obviously the other guy wasn't in as much pain as him. He still wanted to know his name though, "What's your name though!"
"Jay" Jay said back simply."Why you here?" He asked Stefan, Stefan shrugged back he hadn't a clue, "Who are they?" Stefan asked, nodding his head towards the female and the once was a female. "Some weird stuff is happening because sometimes when I look away that girl just vanishes I mean she's in a glass box so where she go?"
JAy looked back with a tired expression. "Don't know mate." He said trying to be friendly to the strong guy.

Castleofglass

Old 08-08-2013, 01:50 AM

When she finally felt less numb from the drug they injected her with, August sat up in her bed. She looked around and noticed other people around her age in the room with her. Two boys were strapped down, conversing and struggling to be free. A glass box was next to them, containing something. She peered in and couldn't see anyone in there from her view. She hopped off of her bed and began exploring a little of the room. She walked up to the glass to take a closer look. She tapped the glass and instantly a girl appeared with tabs on her skin.

"You...You just turned invisible!" August exclaimed, looking at the girl again. She seemed worried and frightened, probably also wondering why she was here, or put into the box for that matter. She has...super powers? But those are just fictional traits in books! It can't be...then why am I? Her visions may have had something to do with her being here. Maybe the people in the lab coats could tell her what was wrong with her, maybe tell her that she wasn't crazy. "Can you hear me in there? What is your name?"

Serena nearly jumped when she heard the tapping on her glass confinement. A young woman was peering down at her, gaping. She looked at her hands, she could still see them. Me? Turn invisible? Is that why I have these tabs? She stood up and walked up to the other girl. "I-I'm Serena." She said softly, "Why am I here? Do you know?"

"I'm not sure, Serena, but it probably has something to do with our weird traits or something. I have acute schizophrenia and see things at different wavelengths of color." The other girl explained. Serena tilted her head at the rest of her response, but guessed that she also was sent here and didnt know why. She looked around and spotted the two men strapped down into beds. She walked to the other side of her confinement and tapped the glass. "Can you hear me? Do either of you know why we're here?" She called to them, hoping they would hear her, and also see her if she was still visible for the time being.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2013, 12:22 PM

Jay gave a cocky little wave to the glass box. He noticed he could free himself if he could just reach the scissors that the medical people had left. He pulled his hand out of the drip and grabbed the scissors. He leapt up onto his feet and cut himself free. He looked over at Stefan.
"I would but obviously they think your dangerous, I'm taking no chances." He said to Stefan, he put the scissors down and walked over in his hospital gown to the glass tank. "That's facinating, how does that work, I know they've been working on mirror imagining on planes and ships but on the human body, there must be something in the structure of the collegen but how would that reach the entire body. And how is it that good." he walked around the tank. "Can you make yourself seen again?" He asked curiously.

Stefan shouted profanities angrily, he hated being trapped. "I'm not going to hurt you!" He shouted at the other people int eh room, he didn't understand why he was being treated so unfairly, he pulled at the restraints on his arm causing the metal of the hospital bed to give way and bend slightly.

Castleofglass

Old 08-08-2013, 12:59 PM

August stared at the other two males strapped down. One set himself free and came to join the group. He didnt bother to let the other free. She saw why. He began to bend the frame of his bed as he yelled curses at the man. Her vision went off again. This time she began to see in infrared, and could see that the boy strapped down had spots of white and red around his muscles. She saw that he exerted inhuman force on them and caused him to have such great strength.
"You...youre strong." She gasped, "Very strong."

Serena stood gaping at the man telling her several things. "I...I dont know." She responded softly, "I didnt even know I could turn invisible." She looked at her hands. They were still there. She scanned at the other humans outside of her box. "If, you can see different colors or something, and hes really strong, and I can turn invisible, what can you do? Surely you were brought here for a reason."

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2013, 01:04 PM

Stefan smiled and took it as a compliment, "Why thank you! I've always been strong really." He said, he looked at the damage to the bed, "They sure make these things real flimsy, huh!" He laughed a little bit. "I'm not dangerous though so could you please untie me?" He asked politely.

Jay frowned, that was a good question, in a room full of extraordinary people he felt less super than he used to. He was used to being very clever, more smart than the average person but now? Nothing, he was just average, less than average in comparison. He shrugged, "Erhm, nothing." He said honestly. He stroked her box, "Wow, don't you feel claustrophobic?" He asked, he knew he would if he was stuck inside a box.

Castleofglass

Old 08-08-2013, 02:29 PM

Serena looked around in her confinement and shrugged. "Uh, its not that scary." She responded, "I just dont understand why they put me in here. Would they really not be able to find me if I werent in here?" She looked at her hands again. Still there. She didnt know how the others couldnt see her before. She almost became obsessed with trying to figure out how she could become invisible. No matter how much she thought about it, her body still remained in sight. She began poking at picking at the tabs, hoping to get some sort of reaction from them. Nothing. They were just tabs on her skin. She looked up at the jet-black haired man again. I wonder what he can do. She thought to herself as she went to the door that confined her. Turning the knob, she realized she was locked from the inside. She went up to the other girl and tapped the glass on her side. "Can you see if you can get me out?"

August looked back at Serena and then at the door to her glass box. She tried to turn and open the door, but to no avail. They must have took the keys with them. Suddenly her vision went off again. X-ray wavelengths this time. She gasped and began looking around the room. She noticed the strong man had an abnormally larger bone structure than the rest, which made sense of his strength. But the other man...he had something odd surging around his body. It looked as if it were some sort of shield, or his blood had been enhanced. Peculiar. She thought to herself as she began scanning again.

Everything on the tables of the rokm showed up black aside from the metals, and one happened to be a key buried under piles and piles of things; the key would have gone unnoticed had August not been able to see at the different wavelength. She went up to the table, uncovered the key, grabbed it and went back to the box.

To her surprise, it fit perfectly so she turned the key in its hole and pushed the door in. Serena quickly jumped out and said her thanks several times. August smiled as her vision became normal again.

"Congratulations, you have passed the first test: Escape." A voice through a speaker bellowed. All four humans jumped at once at the sound.

"What is going on?!" August demanded to the voice, "Let us know!"

"Get ready for your next test: Identification. Step through the doorway infront of you." The voice responded mechanically as a door Infront of them pushed open on its own. All four were confused and scared, yet they seemed to have no choice but to oblige and enter through the doorway.

((Feel free to describe the test, I kinda imagined it as them learning about their abilities and such))

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-08-2013, 03:06 PM

Whilst the three were preoccupied with the glass box, Stefan pulled against the restraints, his muscles buldged as he ripped the ties to shreds. He knew he was strong but he'd never been that strong. He threw himself off the bed he felt atleast half a foot taller than he was used to standing, it felt weird to him, he jogged over to the glass box. "Oh gee thanks for helping, Jay."

Jay flinched, "The monster is loose." He said with a grin. "Look, they wouldn't hold you if they didn't think you were dangerous, see anything on me? no. I'm not a threat." He watched August figure out how to get Serena out from the tank. He was instantly envious of all three of them. They were all suddenly so much better than him and this averageness was starting to irritate him immensely. He jumped when the voice came over the speaker. Stafan jogged through and Jay reluctantly followed the girls in. The room was large and black and there were piles of clothes on the floor. Jay was relieved to change out of his hospital gown into the soft material of the clothes. The tee shirt was the same for all of them, it was made out of a sweat wicking tight sports material with an unusual scaly reptile skin design. It clung to his thin frame perfectly. It was coupled with three quarter length trousers that were also figure hugging they seemed more like cycle shorts.
"I look stupid." Jay complained. "And I see no bikes." He said with a heavy sigh. Stefan seemed to have changed into his clothing without complaint but he wasn't sure what was going on.

Suddenly infront of the four the white wall turned into a projection screen, images of themselves flashed onscreen with their profiles next to them, there were photographs that Jay wasn't even sure they managed to get, they must have had to crack into his high tec security to get them.

The profiles vanished and a smartly dressed male and female entered the room, they identified themselves with their badges attached to their trousers.
"Hello," The man began speaking, "We work for Expi gov, the government ran experimental unit for the development of supernatural beings. We became very interested in you as potential weapons for use in combat and hostile situations. we do not take this decision lightly and if you do not co operate we will have to remove your memory."

Castleofglass

Old 08-08-2013, 04:18 PM

Serena got into the clothes obligingly, no matter how strange the situation felt. Despite the change of clothes, the tabs still stuck on her. She glanced at the stronger male and rolled her eyes to herself. Weve pretty much been abducted, yet youre one complaint is the comfortable clothes we get. A bright screen showed infront of them, showing pictures of them. She stared wide-eyed at the pictures of her, sitting in her corners and disappearing a few shots later. Have I...been invisible this whole time? To everyone? As the pictures flashed by, the screen shut off and a man and a woman came in to speak with them. Serena was glad to oblige to anything they wanted, seeing as they had no choice. Yet, she didnt know how the others would react.

"What?!" August exclaimed, "You cant just use us without our permission! Thats against our human rights!"

"The problem is, you are all inhuman, with extraordinary powers. And with that, we have answers to your many questions. Unless you want to spend the rest of your life thinking youre insane." The woman grinned at her mockingly. As if on cue, August's vision turned to her paranormal vision. She saw ghosts everywhere; they were all disfigured and moaning, probably failures from the experiment. They noticed her watching them and groaned at her, making their way towards her. She began panicking as she slowly sunk to the ground, hands on her temples and breathing fast. "Stop, make it stop! Please..." She begged, tears staining her eyes. As if her pleas were heard, the vision ceased. She looked up to see that everyone was looking down at her. She quickly straightened herself up and nodded submissively at the man and woman.

"Now, lets see what you, Stefan, can do." The man grinned at the tal, strong man.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2013, 11:09 AM

Jay looked over his shoulder at August worriedly. He was genuinely concerned for that girl, he he didn't know what was fact or fiction anymore.

Stefan folded his arms, "I don't just perform like a monkey." The man had an electronic tablet infront of him, he swiped the screen and instantly a couple of strong men carrying a weighted box struggled into the room. "Lift it." He said simply.
"No." Stefan said.
The man smiled, "I'm sure August will tell you there's actually a bomb that will detonate if you do not lift the box and turn it over so the screen on the bottom is facing the top. You guys are our fifth experiment we put everything we got into you, thanks to Jay." He guestured towards Jay.

Jay held up his hands, "I have nothing to do with this whatever I 'helped' you with, you must have stole from me.I wouldn't ever help with this kind of thing."

The man shrugged and looked at the woman, "You have six minutes" she said.

Jay ran over to where Stefan was touching the box, "Stef, mate if you don't turn that box I'll... I'll punch you or something."
"Like to see you try, science boy." He said sarcastically back.
Jay shoved Stefan forcefully and tried to push the box himself, it was seriously weighted and he couldn't make it budge.
He looked at the girls, "Make him?" He complained.

Castleofglass

Old 08-09-2013, 12:17 PM

As soon as the man mentioned her, August's vision changed so that she could see in her x-ray wavelength. She glanced at the box and what the man had said was true. A small, metal device stuck to the top of the box, ticking solemnly and flashing a little red light. She gasped to herself and glared at the strong man. The other tried his best to lift the box but to no avail. It was a task for the stubborn strong man.

Instantly she felt worry and rage fuel her insides. She stalked up to the strong man and pulled him by his shirt by surprise down so that he was eye-level with her.
"Listen, all you have to do is turn that box over." Her dark eyes pierced into his, "If you don't do one simple fucking task, you will kill us all and spend the rest of forever haunting these halls. Say goodbye to whatever full scholarship your small brain managed to rack up in high school. You will die if you don't listen to them." She let go and forcively shoved him a few centimeters away. She usually never went off like that, but if it was needed, she could intimidate any person despite her size.

While everyone else was worrying about the box, the woman rested her eyes on Serena. "Now, don't feel left out. You're very special too." She said with an eerie sweetness to her tone.

"But...I don't even know how to control it." Serena said softly, "What's the point if I don't know how I can summon my...my powers?"

"Well I thought you'd never ask." The woman slyly grinned. She snapped her fingers. A door opened behind Serena. A pack of wolves from far away began charging at her, only her. The tabs on Serena's skin instantly fell off. "I have programmed these wolves to hunt only you. They will not hurt the others. Now hide."

Serena turned on her heel and stared wide-eyed at the pack slowly getting closer. She looked at her hands again. Still visible. "But I don't-"

"Hide." The woman hissed.

Serena looked back at the pack. They were so close now. Tears began staining her eyes as she went to the floor and covered her head with her arms. Please...please don't kill me. Please... Little did she know that she became invisible a few moments after she began laying on the floor. Serena shut her eyes and let the pack close in on her. They passed by her, confused and dazed. They moaned in protest and returned back to where they had come from. Serena looked up, confused. She stood up and looked at her hands again. Im...invisible!

She looked at the others trying to get the strong man to lift the box. August had began intimidating him and trying to use force to get him to lift it. Serena quickly tip-toed to them. After August mentioned haunting the halls and shoved the man back, Serena began poking and pulling on the boy's hair, mimicking a ghost. She covered her mouth with her hand so that she wouldn't stifle a giggle. Silently in her invisible form, she poked at the strong man. Poking his sides, touching his hair. For added emphasis, she went on her tip-toes and whispered in his ear. "Lift it."

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-09-2013, 12:56 PM

Stefan saw the wolves run in and braced himself but they only went for the girl who then vanished.

Stefan squealed in shock, "I'm hearing voices!" He lifted and moved the box over mainly out of fear. "Jay, do something."
"What?" Jay hissed back, "|its just a code."
"Yeah, well maths kid, work it out."
"Its a four digit pin, do you know how many combinations there are of that?" He said exasperated.
He looked at the device, but he only had to simply look at his before his head felt warm and tingly he could almost see the logical combinations flutter through his head. He typed in a random code and quickly worked out the code had different effects to the length of time they had to open in. He accidentally shortened the time to one minute thirty until eventually he worked out how the numbers interlocked.

"They're all integers and they all work on the concept of time being in tenths to the nearest whole number!"Jay said excitedly.

Stefan scratched his head, "SO erh. DO you have a super power mate or have you always been this smart?"
Jay didn't know himself. "I have no idea." He said honestly. "But I don't feel any different." He punched in the last digit and the code settled the box opened itself to reveal the deactivated bomb.

Jay pouted, he felt totally left out, he hadn't changed he was still the same Jay, he knew he had above average intelligence but it wasn't hard considering people like Stefan existed. His face fell sullen.

Castleofglass

Old 08-09-2013, 01:42 PM

Serena suddenly reappeared again in time for the box to be detonated. She heard them all breathe out a sigh of relief, yet Jay, she remembered he was called, still looked unhappy. She guessed it was because his "powers" hadnt been fully revealed whilst the others had time to show theirs off. Out of sheer kindness, she went up to Jay, put a hand on his shoulder and smiled. "I think...I think being really smart is great. We would have all been killed if it weren't for you." She rubbed his shoulder in assurance and smiled again. She let go and turned back to the man and woman looking at them, pleased at their new subjects.

"Excellent." The man declared, "Truly remarkable. Well, I think that is all we can do today." A door opened beside the group, "Through that door are your living quarters. I hope you will find them to be suitable. We have each assigned you a bed. Men will be in one room and women in the other, although feel free to exchange beds if there are certain requests in the group." The man grinned and winked at them. Simultaneously, Serena and August rolled their eyes. "You will also find that most of your clothes have been transported there. Do not ask how. Just remember that the government has always been watching. Now, get to your rooms. There are more things to come tomorrow."

The group filed out through the doorway. Two rooms divided by a wall in the middle stood before them. They were heavily and opulently furnished, like a room in a rich household. For an experiment, they sure treat their subjects well. She thought about what the man had said and looked at the two males. She couldn't believe he would even think of suggesting sleeping together after only few hours of knowing each other. It wasn't like they were unattractive or anything; she just preferred not to be getting to know one of them physically without knowing them mentally. Although...I find Jay interesting. Even if his power isn't as extraordinary as ours...

As soon as they were all done gaping and gawking at the rooms, August nodded to the boys, took Serena by the arm and gently pulled her into the women's room. She wasn't hostile towards the boys, but after what the men had told them, he didnt want to take any chances with them. Serena was one of the youngest in the group; too young for them to take advantage of her. Poor high school students... They both found their beds and slumped to them. The beds were rather comfortable, with sheets and pillows stuffed with soft goose feathers. Both girls sighed as they began to hear a voice on the loudspeaker.

"Dinner ready in five minutes."

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2013, 01:13 PM

Stefan looked at the two beds, some of his belongings lay scattered on his bed, things that meant stuff to him, there was a picture of himself at the end of a race hugging his mother, there were his medals taken off his bedpost at home, he felt violated in a way that these things had been recovered from his house but in another they made him feel at home to have a few of his comforts with him. He looked across at Jay's bed to see what he had but it was just clinical and cold, no pictures just a small white laptop on his bedside table.

Jay poked at his laptop, it had been messily opened and put back together. "They've taken my internet card out, they've actually cut my internet, the bastards!" He sighed angrily and sat on the edge of his bed, Stefan wanted to approach him but Jay seemed scary. Jay found himself hungry as soon as dinner was mentioned.

He walked with the girls and Stefan to the eating hall, it was just a small intimate white canteen, they weren't the only people there though, there were many technitions in matching white lab coats, all with their identifiers attached to the lapels of their coats. The pushed the tray's along the sliding metal bars and selected a few items from the canteen.

Stefan and Jay followed suit, The canteen woman looked at Stefan and shook her head, she handed him a small soft packed of liquidised food. Stefan looked curious, "What is?" She cut across him, "Post surgery food." She said simply, but the rest of the group were served as normal. Jay didn't want to sit with his new collegues he'd had enough of people for one day he hated how he was just expected to like them and get on with them, that wasn't his style, he didn't need them and he hated working in groups. He sat on his own table.

Two of the technicians joined him. Jay looked up at his food, "Erh?" He said unsure,
"You're Jay right?" One of them said with a beam, his tag identified him as Robert Smith, "I've read your research into stem cell manipulation, how would you explain the process of the modifier becoming the manipulator when you involve the electronic pulse? And how do you plan to implement this into modern surgical procedures to better help wounded civilians?"
Jay rolled his eyes, he so did not sign up for this... Not that he signed anything.
"I didn't."
"What do you mean you didn't?" The other male frowned in confusion, his name was Dr. Jeremy Keitzir, apparently.
"I created it for mass production. It was going to make me millions, I was going to slow, even stop, the process of skin aging, all of Hollywood could have bought it, and you know where my research lays now? Outside this building. I have no access to anything." He folded his arms, this buisiness that stole him had stopped him making his fortunes.
"In the ocean?" Smith asked before he was his around the back of the head by his collegue.
"They're not to know of their location, you idiot."
Jay suddenly went off his food, he always thought they were on land but the way the lab geeks were talking it seemed like he was infact, underwater.

Stefan sucked his meal thoughtfully, "Those nerds are treating Jay like some kind of celebrity." He rolled his eyes at the girls. "I mean come on, all he did was sit around his lab all day mixing potions, why is he even here he's not even super like us."

Castleofglass

Old 08-12-2013, 01:59 PM

Serena looked up when the strong man started talking. She looked over at Jay and pursed her lips. He must have something he had done interesting in order for the scientists to be so fond of him. "Well, maybe he does have something super about him." Serena thought aloud, "We just don't know it yet."

"Who knows?" August added, "He might end up saving your toned ass." She picked and poked at her food with her fork. It wasn't like it wasn't edible, it just didnt look like it. It was as if the luxury rooms and the food service were sponsored by two entirely different governments. He looked up at Jay being reclusive with the group. Why is he being such a loner? She pursed her lips, Hes gonna be stuck with rooming with Stefan anyway, and he'll eventually have to socialize no matter how much it kills him. She scooped up the contents on her plate and put it in her mouth. It wasn't as foul as she imagined it to be, but the appearance certainly didnt show that.

Her gaze went back to Stefan. "So what do you do in school?" She asked, glancing up and down his frame, "Sports I would guess?" She'd be surprised if he was his school's top student; even if he was super, his physique seemed to scream 'I have proteins for brains'. She glanced over at Serena. "What about you?"

Serena looked up at August and smiled shyly. "I...I don't really talk much. In my school I mean." She said softly, "I like to draw and stuff, but I'm not that good. No one really looks at my art anyway." She looked down at her plate. In truth, she did learn how to draw well, and did so in her spare time when she wasn't reading. But of course, being the recluse she was it wasn't like she would become the next Picasso anyway.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-12-2013, 02:46 PM

Stefan laughed at what he believed to be a ludicrous statement, "Him?" He questioned, "Nah he's completely self absourbed, he wouldn't help even if he could." He laughed a little bit, he also wasn't certain whether he was envious of their solid food or not, it looked horrid and not something his mother would cook him at home. He shrugged, "Yeah, mainly track and athletics though. But I did enjoy playing rugby, I'd bet I'd be pretty good at it now I'm more in shape than before." He looked over at Jay again and again, he couldn't help but look at him there was just his arrogance the way he moved his hands it set his teeth on edge and he couldn't trust him, not with anything.

Jay rubbed his forehead, "So this whole place is a submarine?" He asked curiously. The lab people looked between themselves, "Well, no but we can't say! Stop asking." Jay stood up swiftly and grabbed the guy by the neck angrily. "Tell me!"
"We're half a mile underwater off the south coast of argentina near the Faulkland islands."
Jay didn't know what came over him or why the man gave over the information so easily, all he felt was his hands going warm. Before he realised what was happening he recognised familier arms hauling his thin body off the man.
"Jay?" Stefan asked as he put him down roughly.
"We're on a bloody underwater container, we're no where near home. And I'm stuck here with you, a girl with some serious mental issues and someone who just disappears like a party trick. And you."
Stefan found that more offensive he clenched his fist.
"I've wanted to fight you ever since I laid eyes on you, but I don't beat up little guys."
"I want to see you try, hit me!" Jay taunted the big guy, he knew he'd be able to encourage him.
Stefan felt compelled to his the little idiot dancing around him, all he saw was red.
"Come on, big tough guy!" Jay shoved Stefan with his hand it felt warm on Stefan's chest. Stefan couldn't think of anything else but hitting Jay, he swiped at him and Jay screamed like a girl, Stefan threw him into the canteen counter and the trays of peas and potatoes scattered, the glass shattered and Jay slumped to the floor.

Stefan gulped regrettably. "I... I wouldn't hit someone."
A couple of the men in the coats smiled. "Don't worry big guy, he'll come around. He'll just bounce back."
"I hit him pretty hard though."
"Yeah you probably broke a few of his bones, mate."
"Jay... I'm so sorry."

Jay whimpered in pain.

Castleofglass

Old 08-18-2013, 03:22 AM

August tilted her head when Stefan got up. Both girls turned to look at what had started to happen at the table where Jay sat. What they said was clearly audible; they were somewhere off of land under the ocean, miles away from their homes, and Jay seemed to dislike every single part of it, even the three people. The time when Stefan hit Jay was when the two girls quickly got out of their seats and ran to them. Sounds of pain and agony came from Jay and all August wanted to do was hit Stefan right back, but that couldn't be the case obviously.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" Her anger quickly rose, "You can't start throwing punches whenever you get ticked off!" She had the urge to attempt to help Jay but there was nothing she could do. She felt useless, being that her power could do nothing.

"August!" A doctor called, "We need your assistance." She cocked her head and kneeled beside them. "We need you to scan his body of broken bones. Change your wavelength vision to x-ray."

"I can't just do it on cue, I don't know how to do that yet."

"Just try." The doctor insisted. August let out a big sigh and closed her eyes. She assumed that if she concentrated on that, she would be able to see. She tuned out the sounds of everyone's nervous talking and the shuffling of the doctors, attempting to help Jay.

She opened her eyes to find that her vision changed. She scanned Jay up and down, scavenging for the orders she was given. "Two ribs." She responded, "On the left. They aren't entirely broken but they're a bit busted. Oh, and on the top too. On his chest. His spine I think too."

Serena stood watching with intense worry in her eyes. Even though she didnt know the Jay well, she whole-heartedly hoped that he would be alright. She glanced up at Stefan and took a few steps away from him. It's not that she was afraid, just wary. She could always just become invisible if she ever saw him rage again, but she didnt know how to control that. It seemed that August was able to somehow, but Serena seemed to only become invisible when she felt reticent or scared. I can't be scared my entire life. She thought to herself, I...I need to be strong. And brave.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-18-2013, 01:39 PM

Jay hauled himself out of the wreckage even though one of the doctors insisted for him to stay still, he felt the back of his head, it was hot and damp. His hand was covered in his own blood, "Don't worry the skin over the skull is so fragile, head wounds always look worse than they actually are, trust me." Jay admitted. He felt a sharp stabbing pain in his side which he knew must have been the two broken ribs that August had mentioned, his back ached too, he had never felt less than a super person, even before he came to the underwater site.

"Jay, I'm so sorry, you know I wouldn't hurt you intentionally... You did tell me though." Stefan tried to make excuses he couldn't explain what came over him.
"You're an idiot mate." He stood up and stetched his back out, a horrible bone scraping crack echoed from his back as his body mended itself into place. He rubbed his spine, the few scratches to his hands and face faded quickly before everyone's eyes. He watched his hands.

"Mate..." Stefan said with shock.
"I'm super after all!" Jay grinned, "Ha I knew it... and I'm the best kind, try and kill me I dare you." He joked. "Don't actually I don't know my limits." He said with a joke.

Stefan looked at Jay's eager face, but he was just relieved that Jay was alright,. he didn't mean to hit him and now he seemed really violent, it was like everyone in the room was keeping an eye on him, but he wouldn't hurt a fly, it was just Jay there was something about what he said that just made him do it and he didn't know why. Stefan worried that he'd scared the girls, especially Serena, she seemed so skittish after he hit Jay.
Stefan brushed the back of Serena's arm. "Hey." He said witha little smile, "You believe me right? you know I woulodn't hit him. i don't know what happened." He admitted.

Castleofglass

Old 08-18-2013, 07:37 PM

Serena's arm shivered with goose bumps when she felt someone brush against her. She looked up to see that Stefan had been talking to her. His warm, gentle smile only made the heat rise to her face. She blushed and looked away. "I guess it's because of your strength." She admitted, "You don't know how to control it yet, much like I don't know how to control mine yet." She looked up at him and returned his smile. Despite the innocent conversation, she still felt a bit wary of him. She was better off saying little to him in case she said anything that would enrage him. With his strength, he could probably kill her instantly with a touch.

August was taken aback by how quickly Jay recovered. He had literally straightened all of his bones as if he were made of clay. Both girls took in a gasp and took a few steps back. Of course they knew they all had super powers but the fact Jay had just shown them what he could do before their very eyes was a strange sight to see. And you call us freak shows. She thought to herself. Though she probably wouldn't forgive him for calling them all names and spitting them before, she was happy that he had found his special ability in time. That can only mean...more tests for him...

"Well I think we have seen enough today, ladies and gentlemen. We will continue the experiments bright and early tomorrow, so make sure to get a good nights sleep. Enjoy the rest of your night." One doctor gave them a warm grin before departing the hall with his colleagues. Obligingly the group went back to the door they came from and made themselves ready for bed.

August rummaged through her clothes to find that they had pretty much gotten every article of clothing she had from college. It was both relieving and unsettling. To think that strangers went through all of her underwear and lingerie made her spine shiver. She found comfortable yoga pants along with a t-shirt with "Cornell" written in big white letters. She quickly slipped those on and sank to her new bed. Serena sat adjacent to her on her bed. She felt worried for the other girl; so young and so fragile.

"Listen, Serena." She broke their silence, "If anything happens, anything at all. I have your back, alright?" She gave her a warm, reassuring smile, "I promise." The other girl looked up, smiled shyly and nodded a thank you to her. "Goodnight." August said before putting down the blinds for the window, wrapping herself up in the blankets provided and laid on her side. She heard a muttered "Goodnight" from the other girl and a couple of shuffles on her side of the room. It took August a while to actually sleep; her thoughts were plagued by the idea of being miles away from home and the fact that they may never get out of there, whether their life depended on it or not.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-19-2013, 02:41 PM

Stefan walked back to the rooms with his new punch bag, Jay, "I don't get it though, I don't hit people, I'm still really sorry." He said apologetically, he was serious, he quickly changed and slipped into his bed under the warm covers.
"If you hadn't though I would never have found out about what I can do." Jay said with a smile.
Stefan remembered Jay with the doctors he attacked, everythign was fine with them till he touched them, they weakened to him and Jay wasn't strong like himself, and then when Jay pushed him he felt he had to hit back. Stefan became very nervous of Jay, he worried that mending himself wasn't his only super power and he tried his best to sleep but with the debate of telling this to Jay in his head he found sleep a very difficult thing to come by.

Sleep for Jay on the other hand was easy, after breaking several bones his body was exhausted he quickly dropped off into a very restful sleep and didn't wake until early next morning, he'd have loved to have slept in early but he was woken by what sounded like a fire alarm, he threw himself out of bed and pulled his clothes on,
"this is a fire hazard warning, please remain in your rooms and await further evacuation instruction. This is not a drill." the speaker repeated the message over and over again. Stefan had done the same thing, they ran to check on the girls,
"I'll bet anything this isn't real and this is a drill." Stefan said rolling his eyes.
Jay just shrugged he wasn't sure but a fire on something that was underwater, well that was potentially dangerous.
"Where you going? It said to stay in your rooms!" Stefan shouted at Jay who was running out the corridoor.
"I'm probably fire proof." He said.
Stefan shook his head, "this would be a bad time to find out he isn't fireproof right?" He said with a half smile, he waited for the doctors.

Castleofglass

Old 08-21-2013, 12:26 AM

The girls woke up to the loud sound of a fire siren. From the announcement, there must have been some fire in the ship. But why they had to remain in their rooms, Serena did not know. A few seconds after both girls woke up, the two boys came into their room. Instinctively, Serena pulled up her covers and felt slight heat rush to her cheeks. It wasnt like she was sleeping nude, rather she was not used to the opposite sex coming into an assigned gender room. She pursed her lips at the thought of said fire drill being just another test.

At least thats what Jay thought. As soon as he came in he was gone, hungry on the fact that he actually had a power. Serena wanted to stop him, but there was virtually nothing she could do. She was not strong nor one with a dynamic personality. All she could do was hope that Jay wouldnt hurt himself. Lets hope youre right, Jay...

"Jay? Jay!" August called from her bed, but it seemed to be too late. She huffed and pushed hair away from her eyes, "He is going to kill himself trying to find out how indestructible he is." She then realized something else. If he keeps going on like this, hes going to eventually try to turn against us. And there wont be much we can do...

"Stefan." She looked up at the strong man, "Whatever you do, please dont piss him off. I dont know exactly what hes capable of now but Im sure if anything he can break you just as easily as you can break me." She stretched her arms out and let out a soft yawn. She began to mentally prepare herself for today's strenuous activities. Whats next? She let out a sigh, A show for their amusement? She waved off Stefan as a sign for him to leave the room. She nodded to Serena as they both began to change, dreading what was in store for them next.

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-22-2013, 03:46 PM

Stefan raised his eyebrows, "Me? piss him off? You have to be kidding." He laughed, he found it was so easy to be annoyed by Jay. He shook his head in disbelief and left for a moment to let the girls change in privacy, he was very gentlemanly he always held doors open and was never too objective over women, although he did know a good looking girl when he saw one. Stefan thought that it was really weird to have a fire under tonnes of water in an ocean, some how it just felt improbable to him.

Jay ran down the corridoor and headed in the direction of the fire, wow he thought, a real fire?, he was interested to test if he was fireproof, the fire was blocking off some of the people from making their way to safety, one of the doctors shouted to Jay, "Don't, its dangerous!"
"Nothing I can't handle, why haven't you used a fire exit?" Jay said
"The door's jammed! The whole container is on lock-down."
"What!?" Jay was frustrated there was obviously something going on that he didn't know about, just at that moment Stefan followed him into the corridor, "How we getting the fire under control not like we can call the emergency services!"
"We are the emergancy services, idiot!" Jay said back to Stefan.
Stefan frowned, "You're so big headed mate!" He shouted over the fire, a hot beam collapsed in front of them. Stefan shielded his eyes. "DO something!"
"I don't know what!" Jay didn't want to admit he was a little bit nervous of the fire.

Castleofglass

Old 08-22-2013, 05:14 PM

Both girls changed into their day clothes and only momens after did they hear the other male leave the bedrooms. The girls looked at each other, lost at what to do.

"Should we...go after them?" Serena asked softly.

"It's not like we can do much." August replied, "We aren't fire proof and there's nothing we can do to extinguish the fire. We don't even know where it started."

"Maybe you can try to find it. You know, with your heat vision."

It wasn't a terrible idea, but August wouldn't know what to do if they found the fire. Crash. Both girls looked in the direction of the exit, then back at each other. "Lets go." She said, quickly standing up and leaving the bedrooms.

Serena quickly followed after August at the sound of the crash, though she didnt know what good it would do going to the sound. Soon they found the two males, shouting at each other through a fallen beam. Serena's eyes widened as she drank in the sight of the fire. It made her so afraid that she nearly froze if August hadnt started snapping her fingers at her to wake her up.

"Jay! Can you hear me?!" August's pupils seemed to dilate drastically and abnormally, "You need to find a fire extinguisher. I doubt the staff is going to do anything about all this. I can see where the fire's started. I'm going to need your help."

Keo
*^_^*

Old 08-23-2013, 03:21 PM

Jay looked over his shoulder at August, "Its really hot." He complained, he didn't know if it would hurt.
"Man up!" Stefan shouted over the sound of the alarms. The doctors retreated back from the fire and out of an exit in the side.
"Where are you going?" Stefan shouted after them, the fire continued but after twenty more minutes of Jay being too terrified of the flames, large sprinklers turned on in the ceiling and begain to dowse the flames.

However, all the staff were no where to be seen. Jay moved some metal out the way, it burnt his hand, "Hm, guess I'm not fire proof them, 'cause that really hurt." He complained. He flexed his hand as it mended slowly.

Stefan walked around getting soaked by the sprinklers that were still running to keep the embers cool. "Where do you think they went?" He asked confused.
"I don't think they're coming back." Jay said simply. He knew it was another kind of test, and now they were held captive under a mile of water. He knew that they had finished their experiment now. And there was nothing left for them , he felt cheated beyond recognition. Jay his the wall in anger.