View Poll Results: If this becomes a legit RP, do you want to be a part of it?
Yes, please! Shoot me a PM when it's official. 5 71.43%
Nope, not interested. 0 0%
Maybe? 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-08-2014, 08:41 PM

★ ☆ ★ Of Stars and Constellations ★ ☆ ★
a space-fantasy story about fighting for what really matters

★ ☆ ★ THE STORY
Our story follows a 6 to 12 man team that patrols the galaxy. For the most part, all is calm and simple. Or at least that's how it's always been. Then, one seemingly normal day, a planet explodes. There's no rime or reason. There's no forewarning. There's nothing.

Brought into chaos, the Stargazer Patrol is sent to check out the scene. As they begin to poke around and unearth that which was destroyed, a dark, horrific truth is unveiled. Someone, someone within the upper-circle, someone of nobility, sanctioned the hit.

Not wanting to become public enemies for falsely pointing fingers at the alleged murder, the Stargazer Patrol must draft up a former case against the prosecutor and do all they can to prevent other unnecessary losses. As time ticks on and the truth becomes more clear, morals will be pushed, relationships frayed, and hopes lost.

War, so foreign and menacing, has finally come. And it comes as a heavy, daunting burden to those of the 27th Stargazer Patrol led by Lieutenant Pyxis.
★ ☆ ★ CHARACTER TYPES
You can pick between one of two character classes. You can either be an animal companion class or you can be a weapon class.

If you go to companion route, you have to pick an animal that is related to your constellation or star. This might be a little tricky so there's a little bit of leeway. In addition to that, you also have a shield. If your animal runs off, then you are going to need a way to defend yourself against the attackers. You get to pick what you want your shield to look like and, yes, you can throw your shield Captain America style.

If you go the weapon route, you can pick a primary weapon and a secondary weapon. Your weapons should relate to your constellation or star. For example, Orion the Hunter, as a hunter, might use a bow or spear. Your primary weapon should be your main weapon, the one you really rely on. Your secondary weapon comes into play when your primary weapon is no longer able or handy. As far as weapons go, you can use anything you can think of from guns to blades to slingshot to grappling hooks to gauntlets. If you go this class, then you do not get a shield -- you get a suit of armor. Your armor will protect you if you get hit. It's like a knight's armor or a samurai's plates, only stronger and more suited for celestial warfare.

If you have the companion class, you will rely heavily on your shield for defense for your outfit is built for speed, grace, and agility. Not to mention, it is light enough so you can ride on your animal companion, if you so choose. As a weapon master you are expected to be the tank in battle; you're supposed to get into the action and fight. Your armor is your life! If your armor cracks, you pull out.

You are the celestial warriors of your planet, the masters of the constellations, and the stargazers of the universe!
★ ☆ ★ CHARACTER INFORMATION
As far as characters go, your character should be between the ages of 16 and 25. If you are under the age of 21, your name is based on a star. If you are over the age of 21, your name is based on a constellation. Be warned if you are 25 that does not mean you are experienced stargazer. Yes, you know the sky but you have not fought. There hasn't been war in the past several centuries. Not to mention, 25 is the last year you can be a member of the Stargazer Patrol. You might be feeling sorry for yourself as you have seen no action. Granted, this is good, yet it comes with a great burden as you have not done anything of greatness and therefore will not move on to the ranks of fame and fortune.

If you are 16, you are just beginning your journey. You're probably eager and excited. You are the fresh blood of the Stargazer Patrol. If war comes, you will be a hero. A legend. You will have your own legacy! The older members of the squad might be envious of you for you have more years to try to engage in battle and become an epic hero.

So, remember, your age does not matter. War has not yet come to our humble plant so heroes haven't been forged in centuries.
★ ☆ ★ FINAL WORDS
So, are you in? Or have you any questions?

P.S. I will definitely do a better job explaining things, if this becomes a full-fledged RP.

Last edited by Xavirne; 12-08-2014 at 08:46 PM..

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!
Send a message via AIM to Xavirne Send a message via MSN to Xavirne Send a message via Yahoo to Xavirne

Old 12-09-2014, 04:20 PM

Any comments? I'm surprised there aren't any.... >.>

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-09-2014, 11:11 PM

-Writes "comment" all over the thread-

XD lol

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-10-2014, 07:08 PM

You so silly :P

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-10-2014, 11:48 PM

had to give it some love.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-11-2014, 11:59 PM

*contemplates Capricorn wistfully*

Last edited by sadrain; 12-12-2014 at 12:01 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-12-2014, 12:10 AM

Would totally take leo o3o, or another XD

Cows Go Moo
Crouching Roleplayer Hidden Lurk...

Old 12-12-2014, 02:31 AM

*takes big dipper and clubs everyone with a pot*

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-15-2014, 01:42 AM

LOL, PLEASE! I love this idea of a frying pan/pot as a main weapon. XD

---------- Post added 12-14-2014 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadrain View Post
*contemplates Capricorn wistfully*
Ooooh, me likey! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyoto View Post
Would totally take leo o3o, or another XD
A leo would be awesome! Can he wear a loincloth ;) j/k, j/k

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-15-2014, 01:11 PM

I am not writing her up, but she's turning into quite the interesting character in my head. Kinda kind, but reserved spy type, you know?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-15-2014, 03:07 PM

That would be an ideal person to have on a team! I could see her being very important during special missions :3

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-15-2014, 03:27 PM

Oooh. *rubs hands together*
I think she'd be on the edge between 20 and 21, right in the age of transformation in various ways. (I need to come up with her before-constellation name!)
Already long enough with the brigade to not be shiny eyed noobie and old enough to know better, yet want to earn her name and ranks.
She'd not be entirely human (the horns, I mean, it's a giveaway) and have this goat-like animal, all capricorn style, only not with literal fish tail for back legs.
Could she perhaps have some touch of elemental powers or something, given her non-human origin or that's a no-no?

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-15-2014, 03:54 PM

Ooh, this is a good question. I love the idea of adding some magical powers into the mix. But how. Should some be born with it while others have to use items? Hmmm, I'm liking this idea of genetics playing a role. And then, if those born without powers so choice, they can get augments to use magic.

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Decisions decisions!

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-15-2014, 04:22 PM

I like that idea, I definitely do!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 12-16-2014, 12:59 AM

*lurks about, spying*

Peranova

Old 12-16-2014, 05:26 PM

I think this is a really fabulous idea *stares wistfully* I'm all about that space

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-16-2014, 05:43 PM

:o A new face! This excites me. But yes, I love my stars and space too! I'm so sad I missed the meteor shower on Saturday. Stupid clouds :(

Peranova

Old 12-16-2014, 05:51 PM

yes hello! C:

AAAAAH I MISSED THAT TOO :c I was too sick to go see it.

Xavirne
Plagg, claws out!

Old 12-16-2014, 09:03 PM

D: That's even worse than having clouds! I am so sorry! Hopefully something magical will happen again soon. If not, I suppose the lovely night sky will suffice ;)

Also, I'm hoping to work on this RP next week. I have a whole... week... off. I KNOW THIS NEVER HAPPENS SO BE AMAZED! However, I won't have internet so don't be that amazed. With any luck, it'll begin January 4th or something like that. I'll get some purdy images, spiff up my writing, and do the thing. So stay tuned!

If you want to begin working on characters, you can always stalk Pyxis. That's the layout I'll be using :)

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-16-2014, 10:54 PM

Made me think gorge of the jungle XD

Peranova

Old 12-17-2014, 07:50 AM

It's okay! I have a weak immune system so I'm usually sick around this time of year, I think there's supposed to be another really nice one in... march? Spring-ish. By then I'll hopefully be healthy and ready to stargaze! :D But yeah the sky on it's own is so magical, I love when there's no moon and the sky is just full of stars, or when the moon is so bright that everything is silvery and pretty.

*scurries to build profile* Weeks off are nice! I can't wait for winter break, college is sucking away my soul.

sadrain
Ghost Caracal

Old 12-17-2014, 04:29 PM

Peranova, you and me both (about being sick often). ):

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavirne View Post
Ooh, this is a good question. I love the idea of adding some magical powers into the mix. But how. Should some be born with it while others have to use items? Hmmm, I'm liking this idea of genetics playing a role. And then, if those born without powers so choice, they can get augments to use magic.

Hmmm, hmmm, hmmm. Decisions decisions!
I like the idea of genetics and having to augment if you want magic! It kind of creates some conflict between the have-powers and have-nots.

There's so many choices for constellations and stars though from silly ones (Dorada AKA goldfish) to really cool ones like Cassiopeia. I'm done with finals so I'm trying to distract myself with other things until my grades come out lol.

Would anyone be opposed to me taking Polaris (assuming this is allowed), Big Dipper, Horologium, or Fornax? At the moment I'm eying those for the modern constellations.

Unless Xavi, I can choose from the Chinese constellations? I realize it's a bit of a different system than what we traditionally know as the Greco-Roman mythology so I wanted to run it by you first!

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 12-17-2014, 10:54 PM

Polaris always makes me think DS2 XD

Cows Go Moo

Old 12-18-2014, 03:10 AM

Really? xD It makes me think of the camera. For now "Polaris" is being worked on here, but I probably won't finish until tomorrow.

EDIT: nvm I'm thinking of polaroids LOL