Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-24-2015, 01:14 AM

Seriously, I've been playing the sims 4 in pretty much all my downtime these last few weeks, and it's getting out of hand.

Does anyone else play sims obsessively? Do you have a Simblr? What expansion packs do you have?

I wanna meet mene sim friends. (And maybe make a Sims themed hangout? That would be cool)

YamiSora
~

Old 09-26-2015, 12:14 PM

I'm definitely the type of person that binge-plays sims for about a month or so and then need a 6 month break from it, ha ha! I've played a few different sims here and there but never payed for it. Once I have money, I'd like to buy the newest Sims game, but until then, I'm pretty content with just watching youtubers make up their own stuff.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-01-2015, 10:14 AM

That's what I've always done too Sora, but this last month or so has been just so heavily Sims. It's crazy.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 10-03-2015, 03:31 AM

I do that too. Been on a Sims3 binge lately. Never realized how much I missed customizing everything.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-04-2015, 09:16 AM

I miss the customisation from sims 3 so much playing sims 4. It's like "hmm, I can get this oven in three colours" versus "I can get this oven in literally any kind of pattern or colour". It feels like a step backwards.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-05-2015, 02:52 AM

it took me forever to purchase the sims 3 games because i still loved sims 2 sooo much. that's what i do typically, wait until i am bored completely before getting the next one... but my mom and youngest brother play and i eventually got all the sims 3 expansions and i am perfectly all set playing them still and i haven't even done everything i want to yet so i am still puttin gof playing/buying sims 4. i saw my mum playing it and she likes it enough, but like previously mentioned in here, it seems to be lacking in customization and other various neat things that makes sims what it is... at least to me. hell, i'd even go back to playing sims 2 again if i could get my rusty old desk top to boot up again guess i'll just keep playing 3, although i have all the original sims and expansions and thought about loading it up again just for shiggles, man those graphics seem so ancient now hahaha

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-05-2015, 03:41 AM

I love seeing screenshots of the original game. The graphics just look hilarious now, but they seemed so good at the time.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-06-2015, 01:49 AM

right?! and even how you could change the heads and bodies and that was it. no clothes or hair or anything!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-07-2015, 05:22 AM

OH and how sims didn't get pregnant there was just a pop up box saying "do you want to have a baby now?" and when you pressed yes a crib just appeared in a shower of flowers????

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-07-2015, 08:40 PM

hahaha yes! i completely forgot about that! and you couldn't like do anything with the crib like move it or anything. wow. oh and woohoo! that was always a little dramatic but i don't remember it being anything too saucy like it is now. oh man, like taking a roll in the hay... literally!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-07-2015, 10:13 PM

Pahahaha. Oooh, I love your avatar! It's the dad from Ponyo yeah?

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-08-2015, 12:23 AM

YES! i am fujimoto! i'm glad he is recognizable! this is the entry i made for roachi's cosplay contest. it's ghibli themed

speaking of, when i was going through images for this entry, i saw that someone made a fujimoto, sosuke and a ponyo in the sims!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-08-2015, 03:05 AM

Wah! That's so cute! Ponyo is my fave Ghibli movie. How did they get Ponyo and Sosuke looking enough like chubby babies? Did they use ts4, or the toddler stage? Or eeeeee. So much cute!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-08-2015, 07:05 PM

I've been playing Sims 3 way too much lately. @__@ I haven't tried the Sims 4 yet, but I feel like it will be a kinda uncool since there is no longer the customization options.. I love that in the Sims 3, but I have played every Sim game out there so I will eventually get 4.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-08-2015, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearzy View Post
Wah! That's so cute! Ponyo is my fave Ghibli movie. How did they get Ponyo and Sosuke looking enough like chubby babies? Did they use ts4, or the toddler stage? Or eeeeee. So much cute!
i don't really know but i saw them as kids in the picture. you can edit what kids look like pretty easy enough in sims 3. i'm pretty sure that was the game that was used in the image

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I've been playing Sims 3 way too much lately. @__@ I haven't tried the Sims 4 yet, but I feel like it will be a kinda uncool since there is no longer the customization options.. I love that in the Sims 3, but I have played every Sim game out there so I will eventually get 4.
that's how i feel. if they took out so much that we are spoiled with in sims 3, what did they put in sims 4 to make up the difference??

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-08-2015, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linnea View Post

that's how i feel. if they took out so much that we are spoiled with in sims 3, what did they put in sims 4 to make up the difference??
My guess is the sim customization. X3 I watched the videos of people making their Sims in the Sims 4 and you can edit and make some very unique sims. Just drag a pull at parts. (I think that is what I saw... XD)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-08-2015, 11:12 PM

Yeah the body customisation in 4 is awesome. the emotions feature is pretty awesome too, I'm not sure how it would be to play without that now that I've been playing 4 for a while. But it's like any sims game really in that most of the best bits come from the expansion packs. The base game was pretty lacking, but once they added Get to Work and the jobs that you can actually go to and interact with it became very cool. I love the scientist job in particular because you can build inventions like a freeze ray and a satellite for contacting aliens.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-09-2015, 04:18 PM

oh so it's more focused on the actual sim 'people'. that's kind of cool because they have progressively gotten more and more complex

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-09-2015, 11:18 PM

Yeah, the sims are quite complex, and with the next expansion pack they're going to get even more. I actually can't wait for it.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 10-10-2015, 01:37 AM

I might get 4 soon, but I still haven't even explored everything in 3 yet. XD I always get sidetracked with other games. I'll play Sims for a few months straight, then go without playing it for months straight.. CX

But I am mostly waiting for lots of expansion packs before playing Sims 4 because they are always a bit...boring without expansion packs.

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-10-2015, 04:05 AM

I don't think I ever explored everything in ts3. I know I never got World Adventures, which added a lot of gameplay, but I think if I did have that my computer would have basically stopped running. It was hard enough to run it with the time travel one, and the ocean one (island paradise?).

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-12-2015, 05:13 AM

oh gosh island paradise ran so slow for me because there was just so much because there was on the land and under water. also, you had house boats, which i thought was a cool feature, but it took soooooo long to get to any other place on the island... thank goodness for the 'teleport' cheat >.> the world adventures ones is ony of my favorites because i've explored all three places and still haven't found everything, it's like so full of goodies!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-13-2015, 06:06 AM

I never got it because when it first came out people were hating on it saying that it wasn't good enough. Not that that stopped me for any expansion pack since but for some reason it stopped me on that one.

Linnea
☠ ☠ ☠

Old 10-13-2015, 09:46 PM

are you referring to the island paradise one?

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 10-14-2015, 04:31 AM

Ah no, World adventures. Oops, should have clarified in post.