MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-02-2016, 11:27 PM

So in a few weeks I plan to get my septum pierced (as a bday gift to myself) I was just wondering if anyone else had any advice for me?

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 07-03-2016, 02:50 AM

Have you ever gotten a facial piercing before?
I don't have any tips specifically for septum, but if you'd have a nose piercing before, it's really simple.

Sometimes people get shaky after they get pierced, so after you get pierced, just take it easy. I didn't get the shakes at all when I got my nose pierced and I just up and left.

They usually give you a paper that tells you how to take care of your new piercing, so there's not much I can tell you that they won't tell you when you get there.

Have fun!

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-03-2016, 03:11 AM

Ok thanks! I've had quite a few ear piercings and gauged my ears, I don't really get dizzy and needles don't bother me at all (I actually love them!). I'm really excited about this piercing because I've always wanted a facial piercing, but I'm a future teacher/ librarian for a school so I can't have any noticeable ones, and with this one I can just shove it up my nose and no one will be any the wiser!

HIM_ROCK
NPC

Penpal

Old 07-03-2016, 07:47 PM

Keep it clean but don't over clean it. Over clean it it'll get angry and weepy, not good. And don't forget to twist it. Half way round and half way back so as not to twist any dirt into the healing piercing.

Last edited by HIM_ROCK; 07-06-2016 at 05:26 PM..

Mr. Wrong
Challenge your paradigm

Old 07-04-2016, 02:14 AM

Don't get yourself arrested and thrown into jail if you plan on having a sternum piercing. Those have to come out before you enter the can.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 07-06-2016, 12:35 PM

I might be able to catch a momochan: to help you.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 07-07-2016, 07:00 AM

If you plan to work in a job that doesn't allow them, get a removable one. You can "hide" it, but people will find out.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-07-2016, 02:25 PM

Thankfully I don't have a job right now, my summer is free for me.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-08-2016, 02:53 AM

I officially made my appointment for next friday and I'm super excited! Its the day after my birthday so its a gift for myself.

SilverKnightHawk
\ (•◡•) /

Old 07-09-2016, 02:08 AM

Oh! Hopefully you see this before you get it. You will probably cry while getting it pierced. Not from the pain, but just cause it's your body's reaction to it :) When I got mine it stung a lot, but it didn't really hurt. Kind of like getting lemon in a papercut, irritating, but not hurty.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-09-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverKnightHawk View Post
Oh! Hopefully you see this before you get it. You will probably cry while getting it pierced. Not from the pain, but just cause it's your body's reaction to it :) When I got mine it stung a lot, but it didn't really hurt. Kind of like getting lemon in a papercut, irritating, but not hurty.
Yeah I hear about the eye's watering thing, and also I don't think it ul hurt that much either, I have a high pain tolerancy either way.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-18-2016, 03:43 AM

I finally got it pierced a few days ago, and it barley even hurt, maybe a 3/10 on the pain scale at most? (possibly even a 2). My eyes didn't really water either. The only thing that's annoying me right now is the boogers in my nose, and my nose gets runny sometimes. I clean it 4 times a day with H2Ocean (my piercer said to) and the piercing doesn't hurt at all, it's just my annoying booger and snot that are bothering me. Does anyone have any tips that might help me out with this problem? I've been using Q-tips to get the boogers out, and been taking allergy meds (the weather is messing with my allergies) but it's still not helping much. And it's near impossible to actually blow my nose.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-21-2016, 08:29 PM

I got mine two months ago. I don't really have a problem with boogers or a runny nose. I guess just keep on with the q-tips? I use Kleenex, like twist a small part of it and stick it in my nose, thicker that q-tips! Make sure you move your piercing around so it doesn't get stuck with crusties!

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow View Post
I got mine two months ago. I don't really have a problem with boogers or a runny nose. I guess just keep on with the q-tips? I use Kleenex, like twist a small part of it and stick it in my nose, thicker that q-tips! Make sure you move your piercing around so it doesn't get stuck with crusties!
Thanks for the tip, I wiggle it when I clean it (but only a little because my piercer told me not to touch it) and the cleaning stuff I use works great at getting any really bad crusties off (h2ocean). I did figure out that using Kleenex or toilet paper works better for boggers! I bumped it pretty bad this morning tho on accident, but there was no bleeding so that was ok.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-23-2016, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercyGrim96 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I wiggle it when I clean it (but only a little because my piercer told me not to touch it) and the cleaning stuff I use works great at getting any really bad crusties off (h2ocean). I did figure out that using Kleenex or toilet paper works better for boggers! I bumped it pretty bad this morning tho on accident, but there was no bleeding so that was ok.
That's perfect, little is good! Moves it just enough that it won't get stuck in place. I had a piercing get stuck and it was a brat getting it unstuck let me tell you. Yeah ocean is the bee's knee's, I use it for all my piercings.
Hahah right? i figured that out fast. Oh gosh I did that in my sleep like 6 days after I got mine. Only I like punched up. I woke up and thought I ripped out my ring with how bad it hurt. I seriously whacked myself at the perfect angle to create maximum pain. I have the best luck ever lol.

Oh just a warning it'll probably smell once it get's past the healing stage. It's the sebum. You know how your ear piercings can get that funky smell? Well let me tell you, you totally get it with the septum. I'm going to order this natural piercing deodorant stuff online soon. Hopefully it'll help some.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 07-23-2016, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonShadow View Post
That's perfect, little is good! Moves it just enough that it won't get stuck in place. I had a piercing get stuck and it was a brat getting it unstuck let me tell you. Yeah ocean is the bee's knee's, I use it for all my piercings.
Hahah right? i figured that out fast. Oh gosh I did that in my sleep like 6 days after I got mine. Only I like punched up. I woke up and thought I ripped out my ring with how bad it hurt. I seriously whacked myself at the perfect angle to create maximum pain. I have the best luck ever lol.

Oh just a warning it'll probably smell once it get's past the healing stage. It's the sebum. You know how your ear piercings can get that funky smell? Well let me tell you, you totally get it with the septum. I'm going to order this natural piercing deodorant stuff online soon. Hopefully it'll help some.
Dang, smell! I hope its not as bad as my gauges, those things stink when you take them out (ya know all the dead stuff and whatnot). It's gonna suck with something that's actually in my nose. What kind of stuff are you getting for yours? Mind telling me the brand if it works well for you cuz I might wanna invest.

CrimsonShadow
Glitter addict...beware

Penpal

Old 07-24-2016, 02:35 PM

Yeah it gets o my nerves sometimes. It's not horrible but it's there...
I'll look up he brand name later and let you know. I'll let you know if it works to after i use it a few times!!