The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-01-2017, 08:49 PM

I always try to compliment my partner every single day, from how they look to how they act to ensure they stay in as high of spirits as I can muster.

What about you? When was the last time you dropped a compliment for them?

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-02-2017, 07:18 AM

Probably not in a while...
Honestly, there hasn't been much to compliment lately.
He doesnt compliment me, either...probably for the same reason.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 09-02-2017, 01:41 PM

I wish I had a significant other to compliment haha #foreveralone

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-02-2017, 02:23 PM

Inzane - Not much to compliment? What do you mean?

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 09-02-2017, 05:44 PM

Sometimes when I do something right, I whisper, "That's my girl."

Tom Hiddleston
Adorably Profound

Old 09-02-2017, 05:52 PM

Lol Amane!

Ava compliments me every time she watches movies.

Viveka
:3

Old 09-03-2017, 01:33 AM

Aw, that's cute

I usually compliment my fiance on his hair or his freckles (I'm jealous of his freckles ) Or I tell him he's really smart or kind.

He usually just calls me a dork after that.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 09-03-2017, 03:10 AM

Everyday.
As I give them head scritches and pets on the way out the door, I tell Shade and Batty that they're adorable.
#crazycatlady #purreveralone

Inzanebraned
(^._.^)ノ

Old 09-03-2017, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
Inzane - Not much to compliment? What do you mean?
Well...we have been going through some tough times lately...
Where we are living right now we don't have hot water on tap...I have to heat water on the stove...so we don't shower or bathe as often as we should...
We usually are dirty...our clothes are dirty...we both look like crap most of the time.
Then there is the fact that I HATE where we are living...and I am depressed and feel lonely all the time...And BF doesn't do or say much to support me in my darkest moments...
I have to imagine that he is going through his own struggles and is depressed, also...but he refuses to share his emotions with me...saying he doesn't want to burden me while I have my own problems to deal with...
So...I don't have much to compliment...
I would be lying to him if I were to say something like "You really look great today," or "You really make me feel good!"
I try to show my appreciation for him working all day to support us...and tell him that I look forward to when he comes home every day...but he often goes to the bedroom when he gets home and falls asleep until dinner...leaving me alone even when he is home.
I am usually so wrapped up in sadness and depression that there isn't much for him to compliment me on...except, once in a while he tells me that what I cooked for dinner is good.
We have been together for 20 years...we both kinda take each other for granted these days.
I wish things were different...but, right now they aren't.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-03-2017, 02:18 PM

Not wanting to burden you with his emotions is a very common thing. Guys do that a lot.

Maybe if things get better you can rekindle some of the happier things ^^

Rum Ham
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-04-2017, 05:09 PM

My s/o isn't too big on complements and always reacts awkwardly to them. So I just show my appreciation for him in other ways. I guess everyone has their own ways of giving/receiving affection.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 09-05-2017, 10:04 PM

I'm a horrible flirt so when I was with my husband it used to be daily. I'm single now so I don't have anyone really to pay compliments to.

Eldweena
Gaming FFXIII-2

Old 10-01-2017, 12:26 AM

Every day. My wife always tells me I'm beautiful, several times a day. I'm so used to hearing it I kind of stopped responding to it. Like I don't feel flattered or anything anymore. And I don't think I'm beautiful at all so I think she's crazy.

But she really, really is a natural beauty, and a very kind and sweet-natured person. Complimenting her once a day is not nearly enough, because she is very self-conscious and has low self-esteem and the least little word can make her so happy. I should compliment her every hour until she's as numb to the praise as I am.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 10-01-2017, 03:14 AM

That's really sweet of her ^^

I think the best time to compliment her is when you see it. As if she is numb to it, the only voice she will hear is her own negative voices.