poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-11-2007, 03:33 AM

Anyone here like them? They're my favorite band.
Discuss away.

They've admitted that they're the Foxboro Hot Tubs, and have said that there might be some touring for FHT!

Last edited by poet`s playground; 04-03-2009 at 08:28 PM..

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...
Send a message via AIM to poet`s playground Send a message via Yahoo to poet`s playground

Old 02-12-2007, 02:02 PM

I know someone here's gotta like them :shock:.

kairek
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to kairek

Old 02-12-2007, 02:10 PM

I like few songs from this band, but I'm not a big fan.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-12-2007, 02:20 PM

Cool =)
Which songs do you like?

kairek
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via MSN to kairek

Old 02-12-2007, 02:34 PM

Boulavard of broken dreams, Holiday, she's a Rebel and Watsername :D

Dawn Crest
*^_^*

Old 02-12-2007, 03:08 PM

I like most of their songs :) they're not my favourite band, but they're still cool =D

Lilithia
(◎_◎;)

Old 02-12-2007, 03:10 PM

I don't like their newer stuff much. :D

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 02-12-2007, 08:13 PM

I like a few of their songs and have their latest album, but they aren't my favorite. I got the album for one of their songs that I loved and there are others on it that I like I don't like the one I had bought it for anymore because the radio played it out so much it was annoying.

I worked at Sport Check and about every 10 to 20 minutes they played it and it began to get annoying and then just plain sickening. I no longer like it. I beleive the name of the song was Boulevard of Broken Dreams.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-12-2007, 08:26 PM

Stupid radio Dx.
Making everyone hate what I now realize (after much time away from the radio) is a beautiful song. It's sad.
I think it's an amazing album, genius.
All of their other albums are great as well, but I keep coming back to American Idiot, it's almost a comfort thing, but it just hits me really hard every single time I listen to it. I've listened to it from "cover to cover" several times in a row before without getting sick, and in fact being impacted each time I listened to the songs x3.

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 PM

Yeah. I have no way to listen to the album at all now... or any of my CDs. My ghettoblaster no longer plays CDs and well my CD player is broken and I hadn't had the chance to put any of their songs on my iPod. >.<

I used to listen to it a lot and just skipped through the couple I disliked. But there aren't many on it that I dislike though.

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-12-2007, 11:04 PM

Well between me and everyone else in my household, it's hard not to find a working player somewhere hehehe. I love my music-loving family...

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-15-2007, 08:06 PM

• Aw man, no one else wants to talk?

tanarif984
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Banned
n/a

Old 02-15-2007, 08:33 PM

I want to Talk!!

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-16-2007, 10:22 AM

• So what do you think about Green Day? <3.

flaming-Scorpion
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-18-2007, 07:44 PM

i LOVE green day

my faivorite songs are probably brain stew and st. jimmy xDDD

i have a few shirts for green day but i've never been to a concert ;_;

i've been a fan for such a long time too....i think their old stuff is the best xD

but thats my opinion.

i think my least favorite song would be when september ends >.< i don't know why either...it just doesn't sit well with me @_@

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-19-2007, 04:28 PM

I've only got their American Idiot album, and pretty recently too..like, a month back or so?
gotta say~, I loved it so much :33 <33 especially how all the songs on there like relate, and it provokes so much thought~.

been thinking of getting other CDs of them, not sure which though ><; I'm actually kind of worried their other works might turn into a disappointment :[

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-19-2007, 06:07 PM

• Well, American Idiot is a concept album, so it follows an (albeit rough) storyline.

It's my personal favorite, but their other albums certainly aren't disappointing. I wouldn't know which to recommend to you. Hmm... well actually, I'd say International Superhits would be a good start, it's sort of a sampling of the singles of the previous albums (before American Idiot). I'm glad you like American Idiot! You should check out their website. They've become involved with the NRDC which is an environmentalist group, lately.

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 AM

concept album eh? :3 so that's what it's calleed. xD I'm really liking it~.

I was just going to go to the CD rental shop, so I think I'll get that album as well. X3
I've yet to check their site O: I shall do that also!

Mnyonywaji
*^_^*

Old 02-21-2007, 04:00 PM

I liked 2 of their songs - "Wake me up when september ends" and another one. I don't remember the title... But that isn't my kind of music, y'know...

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-21-2007, 10:51 PM

• YES. I finally finished my collection of their albums <33333. I finally got 1039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours.

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-22-2007, 06:01 PM

oh~ congrats! =D

I rented their album today but I just realised I left it at the store rofl T___T;;;;;;;;*loserrrrr* will have to go pick it up tomorrow DX ;;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM

• You rented an album? o.O;;; I could never do that. I collect them, I don't borrow them.
    Which album, though?

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-22-2007, 06:30 PM

International Superhits X)

Buying gets too expensive ><; so I just rent them and put their music on my comp. :3
I don't have a CD player, other than my walkman that hasn't been in use for 2 years anyways ^^;

poet`s playground
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 02-22-2007, 06:43 PM

• I put everything on my computer, too, but I'm a music nut and I love collecting. I bought a My Chemical Romance vinyl... I'm a big fan of having something tactile that I can own. My dad gives me $10 a month for iTunes but I don't spend it on CDs that I'd rather buy as CDs...

And I love the songs that are only on International Superhits. "Maria" is so adorable XD at the beginning. And Poprocks and Coke is the sweetest song in the world, ever. It's about his relationship with his sons, and it's a good theme song for a really great friendship... it's beautiful <3.

grey
(-.-)zzZ
n/a

Old 02-22-2007, 06:58 PM

XD see, I got $10 per month back when I got allowance from parent..so I never got the habit of collecting.
soo, as long as I have the music itself.. >.>; and the lyrics, I can look up the net.
but I do have to say, sometimes I wish I had the CD itself if the art is spectacular. like for example the Gorillaz CD. T^T;

I'll have to get back to you when I retrieve the CD T0T; most def will listen to those tracks. & I was so looking forward to listening to the whole album after work >_<;;bummerss..