Alain
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Alain

Old 03-20-2007, 09:15 PM

• Coheed & Cambria is a progressive rock band from New York known for it's dueling-guitar style, high-pitched vocals, & the sci-fi-esque plot it's songs follow. Coheed was formed after the band Shabutie dissolved by lead vocalist & guitarist Claudio Sanchez, along with bandmate & childhood friend Travis Stever. The plot is taken from Claudio's former electrona side-project Coheed, which ended along with Shabutie.

Since the band's formation, they have released four studio albums (Second Stage Turbine Blade, In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3, Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume II: No World For Tomorrow), two live DVD/albums (Live At The Starland Ballroom, The Last Supper: Live At the Hammerstein Ballroom), & may start recording the prequel album within the next year. The band plans on releasing five albums in this storyline. The albums are being released out of chronological order; the beginning of the saga will be the last album to be released.

The current lineup consists of Claudio Sanchez on lead guitar & vocals, Travis Stever on second guitar, Chris Pennie (formerly of Dillinger Escape Plan) on drums, & Mic Todd on bass guitar. Josh Eppard, the former drummer, left the band shortly after recording From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness due to personal reasons. Claudio has said that the current line-up is final, & though Pennie could not record with them on No World For Tomorrow, he is a permanent addition to the band.

Claudio & Travis also have side projects, The Prize Fighter Inferno & Fire Deuce respectively.

So... discuss Coheed?

Links
    official site// cobalt & calcium // myspace // gaiaonline thread

Videos
    devil in jersey city // a favor house atlantic // blood red summer // welcome home // ten speed of god's blood & burial // the suffering // the willing well IV: the final cut (unofficial) [looking for a site that still has it] // the running free

News: The band has put up the demo of Road & the Damned for download on their myspace. The demo features Chris on drums. For thos eof you lacking myspaces, I'll have another dl link up shortly

Concerts:

January
    w/ Special Guests TBA:
    18 Zurich, Switzerland - Abart
    19 Wiesbaden, Germany - Schlachtoff
    20 Brussels,Belgium - VK
    21 Utrecht, Netherlands - Tivoli

Kerrang Tour:
    23 Belfast, Ireland - Mandela Hall
    24 Dublin, Ireland - Ambassador
    26 Southampton, UK - Guildhall
    27 Bristol, UK - Academy
    28 Nottingham, UK - Rock City
    30 Cardiff, UK - University
    31 Norwich, UK -UEA (SOLD OUT)

You can find ticket sale info on the band's site

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to stilettolover

Old 03-20-2007, 09:32 PM

I was so mad I missed them and A7X when they came around on their joint tour. And then Coheed goes off to Europe and comes NO WHERE NEAR ME! D: NOOOO.

I lovelovelove Coheed and Cambria. Amazing music. I love how it's one big story. The comics are cool as well.

I was so paranoid when I heard Mic and Josh left the band...! I was like.. NOOOO! COHEED CAN'T BREAK UP! xD But they didn't not really. But that's alright, Pennie and Williams both worked them before if I remember correctly.

*__*

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 09:38 PM

• Well, at least you have a chance to see them at the Warped Tour? I'm definitely going to one of the concerts, I can't wait~

I know, I flipped out for two weeks after hearing about it. It's really for the better tho, they can't exactly produce good music if they're just viewing the whole thing as a troublesome task. & yeah, I think Matt & Chris were pretty much their first choice for fill-ins for a bunch of concerts prior to this

Fonny

Old 03-20-2007, 09:56 PM

s'ok music but it isn't mah thing

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-20-2007, 10:10 PM

Who else is playing on Warped Tour? I haven't heard much about it yet, so I don't know the dates.

I hope I'll get to see them!

Edit: They're not coming to CT at ALL.

Not too jazzed about any of the other bands, either. =\ I'm not going to MA, NY or NJ to see one band

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 PM

• @Fonny: To each his or her own :3

@Stiletto: I've heard Thrusday, 3 , & The Mars Volta will be playing, but I'm not sure. I love my friends but they'r enot exactly reliable sources for information xD

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-20-2007, 10:17 PM

They have a list up on their site.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 PM

• Really? I'm on the site right now & I can't find it @__@;;

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-20-2007, 11:02 PM

• Huzzah! I found it on Google xD

as it turns out my friends are full of it, but Paramore & Alkaline Trio are playing~ <3

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2007, 01:03 AM

The site is REALLY hard to navigate. D: They have a link in their news section.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 AM

• I know. With what they charge for tickees you'd think they'd at least put a bit more effort into the site

Jesmond
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via AIM to Jesmond Send a message via MSN to Jesmond

Old 03-21-2007, 05:11 AM

My boyfriend's obsessed with them.

And I mean, obsessed. Mainly Claudio though. D;

They're pretty good, I like what I've heard, but unfortunately I haven't been able to hear much. They're really good live, however, judging from YouTube videos. And the storyline seems really interesting, as well. :3

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-21-2007, 05:26 AM

Claudio is like a planet and the fans are all meteors or something--we're just DRAWN to him.

It's the hair. Or the voice. *__*

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-21-2007, 10:57 AM

• @Jesmond: Most Coheed fans tend to be obsessed xD

I think Stiletto has it right. If Jupiter can be considered a planet, so should Claudio's hair

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 09:59 PM

• so um
    this thread is lacking posts

This makes Alain very displeased D<

Aeva
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-06-2007, 11:42 PM

...I know I've heard at least one of their songs before and thought it wasn't so bad. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the song was or where I heard it.

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-07-2007, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeva
...I know I've heard at least one of their songs before and thought it wasn't so bad. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the song was or where I heard it.
I'll bet you heard "The Suffering" because it's their most widely played song. It got picked up by more than just rock stations.

Otherwise you might have seen one of their videos on MTV or something. xD They've done a lot of performances on shows as well.

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM

• The Lying Lies & Dirty Secrets of Miss Erica Court seems to be getting a good deal of airplay lately as well, so it could have been that

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-08-2007, 11:32 PM

Is it being played on pop stations? I've only heard The Suffering on other than rock or alternative stations.

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-09-2007, 02:35 AM

• I used to love them when it was cool to have/listen to the second most recent Album(I don't remember what it was called), but then it just got old with the most recent one, they were repeating their music probably without realizing it. Like, the actual lyrics may have been different, but the music/melody were pretty much their old songs, but played backwards. D;

stilettolover
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-09-2007, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurie
  • I used to love them when it was cool to have/listen to the second most recent Album(I don't remember what it was called), but then it just got old with the most recent one, they were repeating their music probably without realizing it. Like, the actual lyrics may have been different, but the music/melody were pretty much their old songs, but played backwards. D;
In Keeping Secrets of the Silent Earth is the second album released and the third album in a five cd series--the first will be released last, if I remember correctly.

The reason the same melody is played throughout all of the albums is... they're all concept albums! It's one big long story. xD You didn't realize that?

Zurie
ʘ‿ʘ
n/a

Old 04-09-2007, 01:19 PM

• Oh, I did realize it, and I liked the concept in general, but no story needs the same melody twice unless the story is an animated feature film. (Like, Corpse Bride for example)
    Plus, no offense to the bandm, but the vocalist gets quite annoying quite quickly with his refusla to do something out of that high pitched teenage girl range. D;

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-02-2007, 01:02 AM

• THis was allowed to die? For shaaaaame :[

Anyway, EPIC NEWS: Mic has rejoined the band just in time to record & play at the Warped Tour. It's been theorized that JOsh it going to follow shortly after

&@Zurie: If you mean the 'Second Stage' piano theme, that's a little introduction song they change every album. It's supposed to symbolize the progression of the story. Other than that, Second Stage & In Keeping Secrets are a world apart. SSTB is much more raw & a bit closer to punk, while IKSSE is a bit more melodic. plus Claudio's singing is a lot different

Alain
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-07-2007, 10:30 PM

• Huzzah!

The Armory Wars graphic novels are out. Cobalt & Calcium has info on where to purchase on their home page

xX Nightmare Angel Xx
*^_^*
Send a message via MSN to xX Nightmare Angel Xx

Old 06-09-2007, 09:52 AM

Why yes. I can't say I like them considering I only heard one song, but that song was good n___n. It was The Suffering <3333. I love the video as well. One of them had super cool hair. It was like an afro that could've had me for breakfast...But it was damn cool. He had an amazing voice too =3