Jelly-Kitty
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Jelly-Kitty

Old 05-13-2007, 04:34 AM

anyone else love, love, love Poppy Z. Brite like I do?

Or Anne Rice?

They both use such vivid imagery with a sense of sensuallity with an undertone of horror.

Mmn.. so tasty.

Nothing's better than a good, modern vampire book.

Even Shattered Mirror by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes is an awesome read, as well as Cirqu de Freak :3

Jelly-Kitty
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Jelly-Kitty

Old 05-15-2007, 03:15 AM

no reply? Come on, there has to be SOME fans out there! Really...

-sighs-

i dont want to be naked.. talk to me!

gladz
⊙ω⊙

Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 AM

i've started to read some books of anne rice.. which i also hadn't finished.. >.< but i could say that she's a good writer... i don't know if the vampire chronicles books is much better than the movie [interview with the vampire] but i loved that movie.. such a tragic story.. <3

Zakuro
n/a
Send a message via AIM to Zakuro Send a message via MSN to Zakuro

Old 05-18-2007, 04:01 PM

I read Interview With a Vampire and have started The Vampire Lestat. They are good so far but at the moment I still like Dracula better then either.

Morien
*^_^*

Old 05-19-2007, 02:10 AM

I'm not a fan of Anne Rice past Interview, mainly because I don't like her as a person. I did like that one book a lot, though.

I really want to try to find some Poppy Z Brite books, but I haven't seen any around the library where I work. And I always forget her name when I go to bookstores. Any book that you'd recommend starting on?

The 'yaoi' books I've read are
-Mary Renault's The Persian Boy (which has the added bonus of being mostly true and very Greek)
-David Feintuch's The Still (which changed my life)
-Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series (which is lovely, and the author is a doll), and Storm Constantine's Wraeththu (which barely counts).

And this one by Fiona Patton... The Stone Shield, I think. Anyway, all good stuff. I'm a fantasy-history lover myself, so these pretty much conform to those standards. I'm always on the lookout for more!