foolish dream
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2007, 06:27 AM

I am not sure if this is the right place for this thread. If it needs to be moved or what not that's fine.

Anyway, I am having some issues with my computer. I am on vacation before I return to school and I had earlier ran 3 different anti-bad things scans. I am now on my 4th one and don't ya know, it has found 109 different bad things (viruses, spyware, trojans...) so far at 32% complete. That makes me feel so mad at myself due to the fact that I like to think I keep my laptop very well protected.

So discussion:
Have you ever been mad at your computer for something you thought you did or didn't do?

In my case it's viruses, spyware and trojans.

Aero
(・・^...
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Aero

Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 AM

Nope, my laptop had scanned today, right after it found a tracking cookie and took no longer than 10 seconds to delete it. <3

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 08-08-2007, 07:27 AM

Some of them really can't detect when there is stuff on your computer. Like, I used someone else's computer, and her Norton was updated, and it still didn't detect something it had. I had to get Ad aware to get it off. >.> :shock: :?

Some of them just are so well known, that there are people who can bypass the programming. :?

foolish dream
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-08-2007, 08:12 AM

moogle - The 4th one I used tells me which ones of my anti stuff is updated and I found out that my secondary isn't up to date. Which I think is depressing considering it came with the laptop. The last one I used is an online scan that I trust cause it gets everything. I love panada!

aero - It has been a while since I did a complete scan my laptop. Maybe that has something to do with it.

mooglebunny
Truly, truly outrageous!
Send a message via MSN to mooglebunny

Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 AM

Ah, yeah. Some stuff just gets outdated very fast, and it's just so hard to keep up with being secure and stuff. @_@ :shock: :?