Lysander
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Lysander

Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Has anyone heard of her or anything by her?

Recently I've been listening to her stuff. It's quite good. I love the violin, so hearing her play it while singing just makes me happy, along with the fact that her lyrics them self amuse me to no end.

I recently ordered one of her albums, though, I'll apparently be waiting a few months due to the small supplier that they had to order from takes a while to ship. That and they're ordering it from the states.

What's your favorite song or poem by her?
Why do you like her music?
Would you wear bloomers or dress up as up as an "Ophelia", "green girl," prince of Denmark for boys, or other bloomered harlot/rogue?

Gynne
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Gynne

Old 09-21-2007, 07:00 AM

I discovered her music a few months ago while randomly surfing the internet. I love it so much. Harpsichord + violin in a rockish manner = amazing. Which album did you get? I think my favorite song is Unlaced. n_n

Lysander
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Lysander

Old 09-21-2007, 01:10 PM

I bought the Deluxe Opheliac Album. I can't wait for it to arrive. It was the only thing that I was able to order, though, when I manage to obtain more money, I'm definately purchasing more.

Love_Miku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 09-25-2007, 08:32 PM

Her music is pretty good. Not a big fan. Still like her stuff.

Stormy1
Not as on as much but still arou...
Send a message via AIM to Stormy1 Send a message via MSN to Stormy1 Send a message via Yahoo to Stormy1

Old 10-17-2007, 10:55 PM

love her.
want her CD, unfortanly,no money.
she is the bomb though, love the violin.

C h e v a l i e r
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-08-2007, 09:51 PM

I love her. Opheliac is one of my favorite songs.

I have no money, but my friend is buying me an Opheliac cd for my birthday. Hazzah!

lilaithia
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via Yahoo to lilaithia

Old 11-17-2007, 11:27 PM

I love Opheliac
I like her music for the same reason I like any other music, It just sounds good to me.

Quote:
Would you wear bloomers or dress up as up as an
"Ophelia", "green girl," prince of Denmark for boys, or other bloomered harlot/rogue?
HECK YES! If I had the money...

Elphey
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Elphey

Old 01-13-2008, 07:14 PM

My favorite Emilie Autumn songs are Shalott and Let the Record Show.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 01-27-2008, 07:29 AM

Wow I m surprised people here have heard of her.
Thats awesome.

I m not really sure why I like her music, it just sounds good to me.

Apeiron
Tiger

Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM

"Organ Grinder" is a good
song.

xdark_secretsx
(◎_◎;)

Old 01-30-2008, 09:58 PM

What's your favorite song or poem by her? My favorite song by her is "Opheliac" & "I Know Where You Sleep", though I also like everything on Unlaced.

Why do you like her music? I like her music because it's so different than anything I listen to. She's so talented and I keep asking myself why I didn't listen to her before.

Freya Sui
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-08-2008, 12:52 PM

She's amazinggg my goddess! xD
My favourite songs...
Gothic Lolita (And the Bad Poetry Mix<33)
Let the Record Show
Swallow (And the Oyster Mix)
Opheliac
Across The Sky

AHH I've just put her on *~* MUSIC HIGH~~! XD

Tilly
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 04-11-2008, 11:53 PM

I always confuse her with Nicole Atkins. -___-

I honestly don't even know why. They're totally different.

Elinys
⊙ω⊙

Old 08-07-2009, 05:58 PM

This is the first threat about Emilie Autumn that I came across. =D *does my victory dance*

The first time that I heard of her was on vampirefreaks, at the music list. After listening a few song I couldn't get her out of my head. Some songs are really chaotic which suits my mood and others are quieter, which is perfect for after a busy day. My favourite songs are Dead Is The New Alive, Opheliac, Misery Loves Company, I Know Where You Sleep and Rose Red. <3

And before I forget:
Yes, it would be kick-ass to dress in the same style as her. <3

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 08-10-2009, 05:26 AM

She is really awesome. I went through a short period where I basically listened to nothing but her music.

In my opinion, Enchant is a really underrated album. I prefer Opheliac, but there's some awesome stuff besides that. xD

Oscar the Wild
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 08-12-2009, 03:53 AM

I just started listening to her and wow, she's awesome. My favorite song by hers has got to be "Gothic Lolita." The lyrics are interesting, to say the least.

Sally Sinema
(◎_◎;)

Old 08-12-2009, 04:01 AM

Emilie Autumn is very hit and miss for me, the songs I like, I really like and the ones I don't, well...you get it. I really like Swallow and Shalot (The Lady of Shalot is one of my favorite poems so I love hearing the different song versions of it done by musicians).

And heck yeah, I love playing dress up!

Sirocco
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 08-13-2009, 08:27 PM

For a short period of time I was listening to her music like 24 hours a day ;)
Her music is really enchanting, this mix of industrial and violin is great and since the beginning I had 'God Help Me' (I LOVE how she sings that one, one word: perfect) and 'Shallot' ringing in my head like all the time.
Even though the first impression on "Opheliac" (song) wasn't that great, when I heard her singing at first I wasn't so sure if I'll like it. But when then song ended, I was just cought into this amazing music.

But after some time I got slightly bored of it, so now I'm not listening so often to her music ;p Still I like coming back to it.

Actually I much more prefer Opheliac than Echanted, I still think that the latter have some really good songs on it too.
Unfortunately, I've never got a chance to listen to Laced/Unlaced. Well, maybe in future ;)