Joshimitsu
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2007, 04:24 PM

Who here has ever built a computer? I'm considering building my own very soon.

Azizi
*^_^*
Banned
Send a message via AIM to Azizi Send a message via MSN to Azizi

Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM

I wouldn't mind building my own computer, though I seem to lack the knowledge and patience to do so. Ah well. Though with my college course, we get to take apart and learn to make our own computers, so its all good ^.^

Rusalka
(。☉౪ ⊙&...
Send a message via MSN to Rusalka

Old 10-04-2007, 05:27 PM

I learned how to take apart a computer and put it back together, and I know all the basics of it.. My dad's a computer programmer so I grew up around computers and learned everything from him just by watching. I did take a course that showed us how to take them apart and put them back together.

I wouldn't actually do it myself because 1) I wouldn't have the patience for it and I'm a large procastinator 2) I don't much like PC's anymore.

Once I get the money I'm buying myself a Macbook.

My dad builds his computers all the time and I usually get his hand-me-downs, until now.. we just recently bought a new one because my bro messed up the one dad gave me and well it was crap anyways.. he was a meanie and only left me JUST enough memory to run Windows XP.

mangacatgirl
\ (•◡•) /

Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM

My husband and I have built tons of computers. All 5 of our household PCs were built by us.

If you're looking to build one up yourself... Newegg is your friend... I recommend using it.

Amo_Angelus
(・・^...
Send a message via MSN to Amo_Angelus

Old 10-04-2007, 11:13 PM

My boss is apparently going to teach me how but it looks pretty easy. Just like a jigsaw. My dad and boss build computers. My boss has done the 26 for work...My dad I don't know I can't be bothered to count them and my boyfriend did his and my friend worked in a computer store and built them. Apparently it's easy.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 10-05-2007, 03:30 PM

Lmao.

I would fail miserably if I ever tried to build my own computer.

One time, I was turning on my own computer, and nothing would come up on screen. I spent 30 minutes during my computer on and off, connecting cables and making sure everything was plugged in.

Then I realized I didn't turn on the screen. T_T

So yea, building my own computer is definitely out of the question.

Miss Charlaine
(^._.^)ノ
Banned

Old 10-05-2007, 03:32 PM

Sounds pretty high-tech. o: I'll just stick to buying computers from Circuit City for now. DX

Jon
⊙ω⊙
Banned
n/a

Old 10-06-2007, 06:37 PM

I have :) It isn't that hard really, just slotting things together and screwing stuff into the case ^^