M!ntyFreshness
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to M!ntyFreshness Send a message via MSN to M!ntyFreshness

Old 10-06-2007, 07:46 PM

*dies*

I was downloading something and my computer froze, so I restarted it and listened to my iPod...THEN THE IPOD FROZE. D: So I plugged it in to my computer and it said the iPod needed to be reformatted for Windows or something. So I said ok. Then iTunes started and said I had a corrupted iPod plugged in, and I could either unplug it and plug it back in or restore it to the factory settings. I unplugged and re-plugged, that didn't work. So I had to restore it, and I got an error message. Does this mean it's...gone forever? :shock: But I <3 itt. TT_TT Good thing I didn't give away my old mp3 player, huh?

raszala
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-06-2007, 07:50 PM

you only have to restore it to the factory settings again.
the music on it is gone then, but the error is gone and you can hear music with it again

M!ntyFreshness
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to M!ntyFreshness Send a message via MSN to M!ntyFreshness

Old 10-06-2007, 07:51 PM

No, that's just it, when I tried to restore it to the factory settings I got the error message. So I can't do that. D:

The Mystical Spoon
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to The Mystical Spoon Send a message via MSN to The Mystical Spoon

Old 10-06-2007, 09:42 PM

Wow, mine did that, after a few tries, it seemed to work, but now it's frozen and out of battery, so i tried connecting it to the PC, and it woke up again, but, long story short, It's dead and giving no signs of coming back, now.

`Yume
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to `Yume Send a message via Yahoo to `Yume

Old 10-06-2007, 09:46 PM

I didn't have that problem because i don't have an ipod X3 I only have an mp3 and thats good enough for me because I've used it for a long time aand its still good.

Fabby
KHAAAAAAAAN~

Old 10-06-2007, 09:49 PM

That happened to me with my old mp3 player.
One day my hard drive just CRASHED and I couldn't get it to restore itself or anything.
I had to get a new one.
I was so sad. :(

Joico
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 AM

I have never had that happen with mine, which is a good thing ^^

LollieDollie
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to LollieDollie

Old 10-11-2007, 05:42 PM

I have lost 2 ipods.I wish they worked again :cry: well what happened this lil sad/dead ipod pops up on the ipod and it givesme this site i need to go to and i went there and it said i need to send it in and have it worked on.

wizard5424
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 12:33 AM

i HATE when that happens, the thing is that i have had that happen to 3 of the ipods and to 1 of the iphones that i have bught. The iphone was odd, really odd. The only thing i could do was sell my ipod and use the money to buy a new ipod. It is in a way the tragic circle of life.

Shoujo-Ai Samurai
Send a message via Yahoo to Shoujo-Ai Samurai

Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 PM

I'm starting to think that the iPod isn't really all that anymore. Especially since mine died in a similar fashion. :o

Anahita
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-12-2007, 10:50 PM

That happened to me, you have to restart your iPod. Restarting is different for every type of iPod so you have to look it up or read the manual.

I googled "restart iPod nano" when I needed to fix mine.

Yeah iPods have some major flaws but unfortunatly they dominate the mp3 market =/

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 10-12-2007, 11:04 PM

@Anahita: It may have flaws, but I do think the Mac company knew what they were doing when they marketed the iPod. It has a sleek design, and user-friendly interface, which is probably why it's so popular. That, and they had a widely recognizable ad campaign that really brought all MP3 players into the market as "hot items".

I have had two iPods; the first was an older model that occasionally froze after a while (I can't complain since it was free), and the second is my current player, which is a 30GB video iPod. I enjoy it for music, but I also capitalize on the ability to take videos straight from YouTube and put them on the iPod, which lets me take the strange videos I find with me whenever I need a laugh or want to share it with a friend.

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-14-2007, 04:21 AM

My ipod has frozen a couple of times in the past, I don't know why. Usually when I'm clicking on a song. The light won't go off for a while, and eventually...perhaps the next day, I can charge it again and restart it.

I would have something else, but I wanted to dock one into a stereo and ipod seems to be the most popular for it. They sell a lot of stereos and alarms that dock ipods exclusively, so...yeah. I was unhappy about it, as there are cheaper mp3 players, but whatever.

I'm just glad mine still works just fine. My brother is going to buy it from me for a really low price when I buy a second one so I can get more space. When I got my nano, I didn't think I'd need a lot of space - I was only getting it for my video game soundtracks. Unfortunately, over the ten months I've had it, too many great video game OSTs have come out... XD I can't put all my songs on my mp3 right now. I have two discs of Final Fantasy X that can't even go on it. D: