daashi
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-13-2007, 05:58 AM

I haven't found a thread like this and I was just wondering what are peoples, favourite artist, piece of art or art form.

My favourite arist has to be the Renaissance painter, Snadro Bottticelli. His painting the Birth of Venus is heavily intergrated into the communial phyche.

Although that is not my favourite piece of art by him, it is the informally titled Aphrodite and Ares or Venus and Mars. As it was never given a name by the artist himself. It was painted on the lid of a dowry box/chest for the Medici family.

As for favourite art style I don't really have one. Although I have to admit I enjoy the visual arts more than any other form but it is hardly my favourite form.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 10-13-2007, 06:10 AM

I don't have a favorite "piece" of art. I'm far too (something? I'm not sure what the appropriate word is here XD ) to settle on just one or two. XD

----

My favorite artists are John Waterhouse, Amano, Alphonse Mucha, and Bruce Timm.

Other contenders for favorite artists are: Shag, Vikki O (an artist I know personally, so she's not actually 'famous' though she's extremely excellent), Ursula Vernon (another artist I kind of "know" but you might actually have heard of her), Arthur Rackham, Kay Nielson, Kinuko Y. Craft and Stephanie Pui-Mun Law.

----

My favorite art movements are the pre-Raphaelite movement and the Art Nouveau movement. Though Art Deco is very nice as well!

Raion Ronin
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Raion Ronin

Old 10-13-2007, 06:38 AM

Lesse My favorite artist would have to be Cassatt. She was a great impressionist artist and she did a lot of art influenced by Japanese print making. She was one of the first really influential women in art too.

I don't think I have a favorite piece of art tho, theres just so many out there that are beautiful and so many more that inspire me xD