HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-08-2010, 05:38 AM

That's awesome! I've always wanted to learn fire spinning. :drool:

I didn't see a table for juggling at the club fair. And I was looking for it. In fact, I think all the performance arts majors are in hiding. I'm sure I saw some working on swordplay the other day in the park...but that's all I've seen of them. They're so elusive. 0.o I'll keep looking, 'cause I want someone to help me learn. But I'm doubtful I'll find an actual organization within the school. If I had friends it might be easier. >.>

0.0 Does he do unicycling and juggling at the same time?

ljosberinn
This is an obnoxious and offensi...

Old 10-10-2010, 09:47 PM

Fire is awesome. >.< I haven't done it all summer, so I'm itching to go again.. need to get used to poi again though, hardly done them at all all summer.

Hmm yes juggling people can be elusive.. though amazingly easy to find once you get into it at all! If you see anyone performing at all, I recommend just asking them cause even though they're elusive, they're usually very friendly and open as well.. which is weird..

I don't know.. I don't think so, since apparently he's only started doing juggling. But apparently he's pretty good on the unicycle. :D

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-11-2010, 01:17 AM

Oh cool! Maybe once he's been juggling for longer! ;D

Ya, I'll try. My other plan is to just infiltrate the Performing Arts school, as I'm thinking about going after a Dance minor. I get the feeling that once I'm in those buildings and taking some of the classes, I'll be able to stalk down my prey. :ninja:

ljosberinn

Old 10-11-2010, 09:01 PM

Yeah, sounds like a good plan - good luck with it! My flatmate just told me the third manager actually juggles as well! As well as walking on stilts and - dun dun dun! - breathing fire! Which is something I've wanted to try for such a long time! Hopefully we'll be able to get him to teach us. :D

Also, you should practice stuff outside and see if someone approaches you. Very cunning plan that, and tends to work as well. :3

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 10-11-2010, 10:03 PM

haha trueee. I'll have to give that a try when I have my next window of opportunity to sneak some quality not-doing-homework time in. ;D

And woaaahhh! That sounds amazing and exciting and super awesome! Hopefully you'll get the chance to learn some from him.

ljosberinn

Old 02-01-2011, 05:01 PM

*Pokes thread back to life*

I've hardly juggled at all all winter. :( What with cold, small bedroom and dissertation writing taking up most of my time.. now that I've turned in the dissertation though I can start again, been picking up my staff again and re-learning the basic moves.

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-10-2011, 11:02 PM

Aww! I know how ya feel. I've been so busy with school, I haven't had time for anything other than my classwork. Which is alright this quarter, I guess. But it still doesn't please me that I've gotten ridiculously out of shape and out of practice with several things. D;

ljosberinn

Old 02-11-2011, 12:09 AM

Boo. Well, when summer comes around it'll be easier to go outside and juggle. I went this week and last week to meetings, learned lots of new things! Mostly staff, all of a sudden I can do quite a few moves, which is always fun, and I've had some helpful comments on my contact juggling as well.

I refuse to believe we're the only people on Mene who juggle.. 3:

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2011, 01:29 AM

Aww, me, too! There must be more lurking around.

I seriously can't wait until Summer. I'm going to get a job, and see my friends, and definitely get back into shape. And I know I need to brush up on my self defense if I'm going to school in Hong Kong next year. ._.

Staff sounds super fun! I've done...bostaff for martial arts. >.> Definitely my favorite weapon.

Also: I'm thinking of switching my minor from just Dance to Performing Arts. There's still Dance included, but it has more overall stuff to do. I'm not very pleased with this school's Dance curriculum. But it's okay, 'cause I joined the Belly Dance Club. ;D

ljosberinn

Old 02-11-2011, 12:56 PM

Why do you need self defense to go to Hong Kong? Staff is really fun, definitely my favourite at the moment! I can also feel it's a good workout for my arms, and that they're already getting stronger.. when I started out I could not do it for more than like fifteen minutes at a time before my arms got too tired, but I can do it for a lot longer now without feeling anything. :)
Ooh Belly Dance! I love bellydancing. x3 What does Performing Arts cover?

HappyStarr
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 PM

Performing Arts covers Movement, Voice, Improvisation, Acting and Character Development. It also includes 2 elective slots that I'm sure I could talk my counselor into letting me use to take dance classes instead of filling in with my animation courses.

I need my self defense back up to par before going to Hong Kong because it's in a foreign country across the world and I don't know anybody there. I need to be able to protect myself, just in case something happens.

Do you have any examples of the kind of staffwork you do? I'd love to look into it. This is what we do at my Bo class, so that's what I think of.

-----

So I just found out that someone's trying to start up a Circus Club here. Suddenly, going to Hong Kong doesn't sound like as much fun. o.o

Last edited by HappyStarr; 02-12-2011 at 05:58 PM..

Father of Change
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-10-2011, 11:57 AM

hello there, I'm a performance artist that has been performing fire staff for three & a half years now. I'm also on a performing arts & circus skills course, I do an array of things & I would like to use this thread to post my videos so that they don't get attacked on youtube or some other site. I willing also be finding practice links for people aswell to help them on there way, even though there only seems to be three juggling enthuasiasts here. But oh well it's lovely to meet you all. :)

ljosberinn

Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 PM

Hey dude! ^^ Feel free to post videos and links here, hopefully we'll be able to attract some more jugglers if there are any on this site. Maybe I should make an event thread, as event forums are usually really busy. We always manage to get a bunch more people to our threads when we make event versions..

Edit: Okay, come and chat in this thread instead while the event is on, and hopefully we can attract more people! :)

Last edited by ljosberinn; 08-10-2011 at 12:18 PM..