• Join Us

The Dark Mirror

Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 PM

That is both funny and mean. How many times as he fallen for that? >w<

TECHNOlogic ANDROID
  • Challenge TECHNOlogic ANDROID in the Arcade

Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 PM

Mine is the white elephant gift exchange....
You hand out numbers to the party, put wrapped cheap gifts in the middle of the room, and a person picks a gift, unwraps it.
If the next person likes the gift, they pick a gift from the circle, and give it to the person, and take the gift that they liked.

It might sound gluttonous, but it's pretty fun.
It's my favourite event of the year....beisdes going to rave events. C:

Torrinne
  • Challenge Torrinne in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:02 AM

Our Christmas tradition really only got started in the past few years, when we moved. We started having the choir director and the organist at my church over for dinner every year on Christmas Eve, 'cause there are three services and they both live a ways away, so there's no time for them to go home in between services to eat.

lillita
  • Challenge lillita in the Arcade

Old 12-31-2009, 12:52 AM

My family has a Christmas eve tradition. Each member of the family gets a new ornament on Christmas Eve.

The Enchanted Tiara
  • Challenge The Enchanted Tiara in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:49 AM

We don't, but when I have children, I want to start some Christmas traditions of my own because those kinds of things are always so much fun and so comforting.

Sharl
  • Challenge Sharl in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the antitwite View Post
lol i cant pronounce that! and yea we have weird christmases.
But I live in australia so christmas is kinda weird anyway, like everywhere else has snow, whereas we have a forty degree celsius, total fire ban day!!
We have the air con on and three fans going.
And the non-traditional food is mainly because my brother and I are fussy and dont like roast anything :)
Oh and my brother only put our chrissy tree up at eleven thirty on christmas eve hahahahaha last minute much?

Which country/continent do you live in? Do you gots snow?
I'm a Yank so we get cold Christmases, but sadly if it *does* snow it snows too much and we all end up stuck in house and going nuts.
Lucky you, you get to be warm at Christmas. I keep thinking 'man, being an Antipodean pagan must be confusing, when your northern-hemisphere Witchkin are celebrating Yule it's Midsummer where you are!'

serenitykit
  • Challenge serenitykit in the Arcade

Old 01-01-2010, 04:20 PM

One tradition thats been in the family since my grandma was a little girl was putting up the tree on Christmas eve. All the family gathers and we all decorate the tree together. Another is we sit in order of birth around the tree and open the gifts then the parents get their gifts, then we get stockings and go eat a big Christmas breakfast.

Roxxxy
  • Challenge Roxxxy in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:05 AM

I don't have any special Christmas traditions, because I don't celebrate. However, I do get together with my family, because the all celebrate, so I latch onto any excuse to be together. But my favourite New Year's tradition was staying up past midnight getting drunk with my mother, playing cards and trash talking men!

sjacklene

Penpal
  • Challenge sjacklene in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 07:33 AM

We used to have tons of Christmas traditions, like opening one present the night before, reading the Christmas story, going to my aunt's on Christmas Eve, decorating the tree together, making homemade Christmas ornaments, backing desserts, etc.

Other than spending time together Christmas morning and eating dinner, we don't have any traditions. And if I don't put up the tree and decorate it myself, it won't get done at all.

Yume
  • Challenge Yume in the Arcade

Old 01-02-2010, 01:09 PM

well, we used to have actual candles on the tree, and we would light them, untila fear years back when my grandmother set her dress on fire by accident -.-;

Tags