Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 03:36 AM

Welcome to New Beginnings, Menewsha's very own new member adoption agency! With it's tight-knit community Menewsha, though extremely friendly and supportive as a whole, can seem a bit daunting at first. We're here to help! Our goal is to greet, guide, and encourage new members of the Menewshan community until they've found their niche within our ranks.

How you do this? New members interested in being 'adopted' fill out one of the forms below. These forms will include little tid bits like interests, time zone, etc. They will then be matched with a mentor (someone who meets the mentoring requirements and has filled out a mentor form) who has something in common with them. -cue awesome music and even awesomer friendships. (Yes, yes, I know that awesomer isn't actually a word, but it sounded good, didn't it?) ^.^;

What if I'm not interested in adopting/being adopted, can I still stick around and chat? Yes, of course, please do! The more the merrier! Part of building a stronger community is, well, introducing our new members to the community, which we can't exactly do if you're all in hiding, so come in, chat, greet, ask a few questions, talk to some spiffy folks that you don't know, and stay a while. Yes, that's right, you too lurkers. I see you over there.

Other sites that I've been on have similar threads with give-aways or mentors that give their newbies gold/items to help get them started, is this something that New Beginnings plans on doing? The short answer to this question is no. While we're all for supporting new members in any way that we can, giving them gold and items is NOT part of the what we do here at New Beginnings. That being said, if one of our mentors decides to give something to one of the newer members, that's great, but they are in no way obligated to do so (and, as a new members, you should respect this if you plan on applying to be adopted. After all, nobody likes feeling pressured to give away their hard earned gold/items).

Got a problem? If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, don't hesitate to post them here or shoot me a pm.

_______

✲ Current Adoptions ✲
Cora & Zira Angel
Seridano & SUPERKICKS

Last edited by Seridano; 05-25-2014 at 03:04 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 04:17 AM

✤ New Beginnings expects all posters to be kind and courteous at all times.

✤ New members are NOT to beg for gold/items, or in any way pressure the New Beginnings Mentors for gold/items. We will, however, gladly give you a few tips on how to go about earning gold at a decent pace. Just remember that this thread is about forming friendships and further strengthening the community, not gathering virtual currency and pixels. They'll be time enough for that later on!

✤ If a problem arises with your newbie or mentor, please let me know via PM so that the issue(s) can be resolved and/or you can be re-matched if necessary. Our goal is to facilitate friendships and some people just don't jive, we get that!

✤ If you are making another member in the thread (new or old) feel uncomfortable and they notify us , be they involved in the New Beginnings program or not, you will be asked to take note of this and correct your behavior. If this behavior persists, you will be asked to leave the thread. Harassment, offensive comments, and general mean spiritedness will not be tolerated and, if need be, we will get the mods involved, as we hold each and every member of this community in the highest regard, and not a one of them should ever be made to feel uncomfortable while they are here. That being said, Menewsha has a wonderful community and I do not expect this to be a problem.

✤ Please ping me [@ Seridano ; without the spaces and brackets]when you submit your mentor/adoption form so that it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

✤ Mentor/Adoption forms are to be submitted once and only once. I may be running a bit slow at times but, if you've pinged me with your form as mentioned above, I will not miss your form. That being said, when trying to direct me to your form, do not ping me more than once.

✤ If you have a specific individual that you would like to mentor or be mentored by, please pm me and let me know. Otherwise, mentors and newbies will be paired up based on shared interests, time zones, etc. Once a match has been found, the mentor half of the pair will be contacted to confirm that they are interested in taking on the newbie in question. Once this has been confirmed, the newbie will be notified and the mentor/newbie pair will be listed under current adoptions (found above).

✤ If you have a question, comment, or concern that you feel can't be answered here (or you just want to make sure it gets to me and I answer it in a timely fashion), feel free to shoot me a PM. I promise I don't bite!...much. o.o

✤ As per usual, all of Menewsha's Rules and ToS are to be followed to the letter. This is non-negotiable. Thankfully, they're really easy to follow.

Last edited by Seridano; 02-18-2013 at 03:29 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 04:30 AM

Mentor Requirements:
All mentors must have over 1k posts or have been active on Menewsha for at least a year. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.

Mentor Form:
Code:
[size=5][color=blue][b]I WANNA BE A MENTOR![/b][/color][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (while helpful for matching purposes this isn't a required field if you on't feel comfortable sharing)
[b]Join Date:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to adopt:[/b]
[b]What are you looking for in a newbie:[/b]
[b]Fun Facts:[/b] (interests, hobbies, weird habits, pet peeves, what have you!)
[b]Time Zone:[/b]
[b]I am willing to adopt this many newbies:[/b] (no more than 2 at a time, please)
Fill this out and ping me to become a mentor. You will be PMed after your form has been looked over, and added to the current mentor list (found below) after you've been accepted. You will also be PMed after you've been matched with a newbie.

Available Mentors

Quote:
Username: Seridano
Why do you want to adopt: For all of the reasons listed above and then some. I absolutely adore Menewsha and it's community and, if I can help even one person feel more welcome / at home here, I'll count myself fortunate.
What are you looking for in a newbie: Someone who can put up with a good dose of silliness and sarcasm. If they're well read, even better! Seriously though, I don't have any "requirements", per say.
Fun Facts: As far as the generic stuff goes: I enjoy reading, writing, singing, roleplaying, watching anime, and playing video games. That's almost interesting. I also know every word to Phantom of the Opera by heart (I used to listen to it while trying to drift off to sleep when I was younger, back when cd players and bulky headphones were still cool), I currently hold BA in English (and might even agree to look over your essays on occasion), own an Avengers style Black Widow costume, and very few movies make me cry (but My Sister's keeper was one of them - I even watched it with my little sister!)
Time Zone: EST (GMT-5)
I am willing to adopt this many newbies: 1 (2 if we have a crazy imbalance)
Quote:
Username: Zombie Pixie

Why do you want to adopt: I need minions to start my army of cute zombies! We shall rule Mene with a iron fist! No Rock shall go unturned.....Uhh what was I saying again? o:

What are you looking for in a newbie: q_q Someone who wont run away after being mah new friend </3 lol jk probs someone who can take a joke...and who wants to take over the world! Someone who can be my Pinky!! O:

Fun Facts: I like...bunnehs and uhh horror movies. I also stalk Bartuc on weekends.. i also just recently joined a nerd club thing? we get together and derp about doing nerd stuff x3 its fun. Uhhh did you know that uhh 1 out of every 100 people are a psychopath and they look just like everybody else.. ..BUNNEEHS!!

Time Zone: PST

I am willing to adopt this many newbies: 2million 9hundred and 3 quarters...and half a penny
Quote:
Username: zigbigadorlube

Why do you want to adopt: I had a lovely mentor when I joined the site and would love to help other new users learn the ropes!

What are you looking for in a newbie: Bah, I’m not picky…

Fun facts: As far as hobbies I love reading, playing video games, and watching the occasional anime. Most of my music consists of movie/anime/game soundtracks. I’m completely obsessed with cute things and cannot resist soft fuzzy things and I love warm clothes straight out of the dryer. I speak French (and a little bit of German) and live in New York City with my fiancé.

Time Zone: US Eastern Standard Time

I am willing to adopt this many newbies: 2
Quote:
Username: Cora
Why do you want to adopt: I just wanna squeeze the cheeks of all dems little newblets. There so cute ^.^
What are you looking for in a newbie: Anything Really, Although someone willing to really stay would be nice.
Fun Facts: Interests: Hmmm....I love to read, like anything. I have two children named Cora and Moiraine. I'm crazy(no really ask anyone o.0). I LOVE Chicken, especially fried. I change my avatar lately at least 4 times a day xP
Time Zone: EST
I am willing to adopt this many newbies: I think I could handle 2

Last edited by Seridano; 01-23-2014 at 04:53 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 AM

Adoption Requirements:
To qualify for adoption, you must have been on Menewsha for less than a month or currently have under 200 posts. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis.

Adoption Form:
Code:
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (while helpful for matching purposes this isn't a required field if you on't feel comfortable sharing)
[b]Join Date:[/b]
[b]Why do you want to adopt be adopted:[/b]
[b]What are you looking for in a mentor:[/b]
[b]Fun Facts:[/b] (interests, hobbies, weird habits, pet peeves, what have you!)
[b]Time Zone:[/b]
Fill this out and ping me [@ Seridano ; without the spaces or brackets] to be added to the adoption list. You will be PMed after your form has been looked over and you've been added to the list! You will also be PMed once we've matched you up with a mentor.

Adoptable Newbies

Quote:
Username: oocherryblossomsoo
Why do you want to adopt be adopted: I would really like some help around the site. Plus, I have trouble jumping into new communities, and would love to make a new friend.
What are you looking for in a mentor: I'm not really sure. Someone who knows their way around the site, for sure. Also I would like someone who is friendly, with people skills and can carry on a conversation. =)
Fun Facts: Well, I'm a big Doctor Who fan. I enjoy cosplay and art. I'm not sure what else to put here for now... lol =)
Time Zone: CDT, or Central Daylight Time... Or just Central Time Zone. lol

Last edited by Seridano; 06-13-2014 at 02:36 PM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 04:39 AM

Reserved

Last edited by Seridano; 02-12-2013 at 04:45 AM..

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 04:45 AM

New Beginnings is now open! (don't mind the current lack of banners, beauty demands patience...or something like that!). Things are still subject to fine tuning, yada, yada, yada.

Time to ping the lovely folks who've expressed an interest in getting involved:
Senpai: Cora Lorington: The Wandering Poet: dessertdesiert:

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:04 AM

I am debating if I want to be a mentor because I am too much like Seri.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 AM

But DD is awesome (and she'd be an amazing mentor!) Seriously though, I don't think people being "too alike" is going to be an issues here. After all, Menewsha does have a habit of bringing together like-minded folks. That's half of it's charm, but no pressure, dear.

/hugs

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:09 AM

I know, but we both like phantom of the opera and listen to it on the old fashion cd players xD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:11 AM

Oooh, a fellow Phantom fan! Nice!

Though, to be fair, these days the Original London Cast recording that I love so much is safely tucked away on my iPod, and the CDs are sitting on one of my bookshelves.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:12 AM

I don't have the original record... I actually have only ever bought one CD ever... xD most of my songs are taken from other people. xD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:14 AM

I'm generally that way, but my grandmother bought the CD for me, so it has sentimental value and all that jazz. I think I own a grand total of like 4 or 5 actual physical CDs tops (and three of them are from musicals!) xP

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Best of luck with this ^^

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:17 AM

Thanks, Poet!

/polishes ze shiny new thread

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:23 AM

I think i will fill out an application when we get to the second page.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:25 AM

Fair enough. I'd say that'll happen tonight, but you may have to find someone else to help you make the trek if that's to be the case, as it's past midnight here and my thoughts are starting to unravel.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:27 AM

Oh i know.. I should be in bed already but i am too anxious right now.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:32 AM

Oh? Anxious? About what, dear?

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:33 AM

I have a test this week and I feel unprepared.. and so much homework to do that i don't feel like I know how to do. I just feel like i know nothing. -rolls eyes- normal stuff that I tend to stress about... but mene is helping me relax... otherwise i freak out xD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:34 AM

Is said test math or chemistry related in any way?

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:35 AM

it's more biology related on the molecular level xD

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:38 AM

I've heard that molecular bio is rough (and from a bio prof, no less, so it must be!)
/not helping

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 AM

Yeah we have been talking about drug delivery systems and pore sizes and everything associated with them and it just tends to be complicated, and we have like 60 pages of slides that we need to know for the test on wednesday, but that's not too bad I am just nervous and I haven't studied much other then reviewing it in my head.

Seridano
Disaster On Legs

Old 02-12-2013, 05:42 AM

And somehow, that's still better than the "studying" that I did in college...which tended to amount to me glancing over the notes on whatever it was for the first time while on my way to take the test.

dessertdesiert
ヽ(´▽`;...
Penpal

Old 02-12-2013, 05:43 AM

That's so bad -shakes head- I am just so afraid of failing cause i just need to get through this semester xD