Jaz
Death warmed over

Old 03-30-2010, 02:34 PM

Yeah I thought it was strange... What weirded me out was that they never asked for my debit number over the phone which is how I normally pay >.>*

Going to try an instant oatmeal for breakfast today that sounds AWESOME! Cranberry Pomegranate <3 As my hubby says it better be awesome for my kidneys too! lol

Saravi Boo
Licking threads since 2010!

Old 03-30-2010, 02:41 PM

Hmm...interesting. I had leftover mexican food yesterday. I don't like pasta salad or pizza (yeah, I know I'm crazy) but Estrella's supper sounds yummeh. Today I don't know what I'll eat. I have school tonight so I have to finish my homework and that may not leave a lot of time to fix anything.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 03-31-2010, 03:38 AM

Boo - maybe you just haven't had the right pizza or pasta salad?

There are so many different kinds!

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 03-31-2010, 04:43 AM

I had a deLITE pizza that was chicken artichoke. :drool: Mmm...

Tonight we had stir fry. It was pretty yummy.
Tomorrow is meatloaf. <3333
I love me some meatloaf.

I've been eating a lot of sandwiches for lunches lately. XD
Had PB&J today. <3

Saravi Boo

Old 03-31-2010, 03:53 PM

Hmmm...I like homemade pizza with really light sauce and hamburger and extra cheese, but that's about it. Oh, and I guess if you count pizza's that have alfredo instead of red sauce, then i like some pizza's. However I don't like most people's idea of pizza. Pasta salad....I've never met one I liked. I'm not a huge fan of noodles....I eat them as a courier for sauces and filler for meat.

Meatloaf....mmm...I haven't had meatloaf in years. My husband doesn't like it at all so I never make it. lol, oh and I don't like peanut butter either. I have a friend who has hypothesized that I don't like food that starts with P. lol. However I love pistachios so there goes that theory.

Last edited by Saravi Boo; 03-31-2010 at 03:55 PM..

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 03-31-2010, 04:15 PM

Pistachios - more of a nut... kinda like you Boo! *ha!*

Saravi Boo

Old 03-31-2010, 05:41 PM

lol, silly faux. Mmm...I'm making pulled pork sandwiches with barbeque sauce for supper. I love my slow cooker. Just drop the pork roast in, squirt in some barbeque sauce, season it up a bit, add some water and turn it on. By evening It will be tender and falling apart. Mmm....and I just made homemade coleslaw too! It is going to be a yummy supper in Booland. ^_^

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-31-2010, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saravi Boo View Post
lol, silly faux. Mmm...I'm making pulled pork sandwiches with barbeque sauce for supper. I love my slow cooker. Just drop the pork roast in, squirt in some barbeque sauce, season it up a bit, add some water and turn it on. By evening It will be tender and falling apart. Mmm....
Ooh, I need to try this. My slow cooker has only been used for stews.
What type of pork roast works best?

Saravi Boo

Old 03-31-2010, 06:28 PM

Most any sort will do, because you cook it until it falls apart. Even cheap meat that would normally end up being tough and dry comes out tender and juicy. ^_^ The roast I'm cooking now was on sale for 89 cents a pound. It also works well for beef pot roasts and for cooking beans though I'm not a huge fan of most beans. You just need to remember to start it cooking in the morning for it to be ready by supper. You can even leave it cooking on a lower setting while you go to work, provided you have your slow cooker set up in a safe place. If it is cooking on high, check the water level several times (at least every two hours unless the lid of you cooker is cracked like mine, lol I have to check every hour) while it is cooking. The water/sauce should come at least most of the way up the sides of the meat so the roast doesn't dry out. I wish mine was done now. I'm hungry. lol.

Last edited by Saravi Boo; 03-31-2010 at 06:30 PM..

mau5ie
pook pook

Old 03-31-2010, 11:20 PM

we're making schitzle, jagersauce, and spargel for dinner tonight! ^^

mmm spargel :heart: known as white asparagus... i make an oil and vinegar dressing with onion in it and serve it cold! super yummy!

[took this picture just for you faux]

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Guivre Send a message via Yahoo to Guivre

Old 03-31-2010, 11:27 PM

Oh, good god that sounds great, mau5ie. Looks great, too. =D Wiener schnitzle used to be my favorite meal. Before that Simpsons' episode where Lisa is trying to find a vegetarian meal and asks if there is anything that didn't die a horrible death, and then Homer says something to the effect that he 'thinks the veal died of loneliness.'

mau5ie
pook pook

Old 03-31-2010, 11:29 PM

wiener schitzle is fantastic. but i much prefer the jager schnitzle. the only difference is the sauce. the jager sauce is a lighter brown sauce with mushrooms in it. [looove mushrooms] have you tried a schnitzle plain? without sauce on it?!

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-31-2010, 11:36 PM

I haven't had it with mushroom sauce before, but I love mushrooms, so I'm sure it's great. =D (I like jager schnitzle, too.)

I've had it plain with a little lemon, sometimes.

mau5ie
pook pook

Old 03-31-2010, 11:38 PM

lol. ^^
that's it!
i looove it plain with lemon too!

just beware when you go to germany, because the schnitzle plate is huuuge!
make sure to share, or you will explode! @_@'

Guivre
(^._.^)ノ

Old 03-31-2010, 11:48 PM

That's good to know. D= I've always hoped to take a trip to Germany sometime. =D

I grew up in a town full of German-Americans and we had nice German restaurants, German grocery, etc. So I was quite spoiled when it came to food. =D

mau5ie
pook pook

Old 04-01-2010, 01:26 AM

:drool:

i wish we still had a german deli here!
i miss the bread! D:

obiwankendrobi
(-.-)zzZ

Old 04-01-2010, 02:34 AM

I'm usually a really picky eater, but lately I've been trying a lot of new stuff.
I think it's because I'm always watching the Food Network.
Like food where I work that I usually wouldn't eat. Lasagna and other pasta dishes, etc.
Mexican food other than tacos and chili.
Oh my, my. Stir fry, fajitas, this chicken dish that I don't know the name of...*drools*
And the chips and salsa. I never knew I liked any of that before I decided to start trying new things. I also discovered that green peppers are awesome.
And using fresh vegetables in chili is delicious.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 04-01-2010, 03:48 AM

Oh my god, would you all come cook for my college so we can have food that isn't absolute crap?
PLEEEEEASE?!?!?

Obi: Food network is great for that. I always want to try what they have on tv.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:21 AM

Welcome Obi!

Skrae, <3 we all need help at college. I think they have an anti-cook at most colleges.

Mau - that picture - looks a little dirty. I'm sorry! That's just were my mind goes! *rofl*

German food... :squee::drool:

Guivre - Go to Germany! It's one of the most beautiful places! :vicky:

Belly - I cook pork roast in my slow cooker, corned beef, chicken <- so good, it's so good to use with foods other than stews! I hope you get to try it out for roasts! <3

Estrella
A Refined Pervert
Send a message via MSN to Estrella Send a message via Yahoo to Estrella

Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 AM

That picture does not look appetizing. D: *antidrool*

I love trying new things but there's two conditions:
It better smell good and have a good texture.

Skrae
(^._.^)ノ
Send a message via AIM to Skrae Send a message via Yahoo to Skrae

Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 AM

Faux: So true.
Is it bad that we base what we eat off of who heats it up?
0o;;

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:03 PM

OKAY! so I have a friend coming in from out of town! So we are ordering Chicago style tasty tasty pizza! *HODANG!* It's going to be so tasty. We are doing the pineapple / ham version. I'm so excited!

I think Trav might order some cheese sticks as well - but allz I want is the PIZZA! *drool*

I think we might have to pick up some pop. We don't really have stuff to drink at home.

For Lunch, I have leftover steak from dinner.

I have to drink lots of water to flush all this sodium out!

Saravi Boo

Old 04-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Mmm. My pulled pork sammiches were nummy. ^_^ Gonna have them again for lunch. German food. I like my schnitzel with red cabbage on it rather than any sort of gravy or other sauce. I also don't eat veal so I prefer pork schnitzel.

Oh wow, talk of college food gives me horrible flashbacks. lol. I ended up getting a medical release so I wouldn't have to have a dining plan the last year I was on campus. I basically didn't eat, rather than eat at the dining hall. Lost a lot of weight those first two years.

Fauxreal
Fauxreal!

Old 04-01-2010, 04:09 PM

DAMN! At least my college food was eatable!

Saravi Boo

Old 04-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Well, we had a little cafe area with smoothies and Chikfila and other edible food. However you could only use your meal plan there one night a week. Otherwise it used food dollars which we had a lot fewer of. My roomie and I would go there and buy 4 or 5 meals each, eat one, and save the rest for later. We also would go to the dining hall on weekends for breakfast and stock up on scrambled eggs and hashbrowns because those were really hard to mess up. Then we would use our food dollars to get stuff from the little overpriced convenience store on campus. Periodically we would take the bus to walmart or somewhere and get real food. Thus we survived the horror of the campus meal plan with most of our sanity intact.