Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 07:58 AM

Hello welcome to Project Fandom. This particular thread is for STORY/ART FILLS AND DISCUSSIONS. To prompt an idea please proceed to the Project Fandom: Prompt Thread.

What is Project Fandom: Prompt and Write/Art?
Project Fandom is the idea of spreading Menewsha as a fandom by writing fanfics and drawing fanart. The concept is similar to anon/kink memes on LJ. The basic idea is prompt an idea you have of Menewsha or its NPCs and hope that someone will write you a story based on your idea. Possibly return the favor as well.

Rules
  1. Follow Mene’s Rules and TOS
  2. Any type of prompts/fics/art are allowed (het/slash/crackfics/AUs/Crossovers) BUT they have to be PG-13.
  3. Some stories can come across as offensive to other people. Please put a warning your story so that they know. (i.e. if you are requesting a Nalin/Abel fic please state before hand as not everyone likes slash)
  4. Art is allowed as well. No need to just limit it to writing.
  5. No character bashing. If there is an person you do not like there is no need to take them out in a short story.
  6. Repeat after me: My idea/ship/kink is not your idea/ship/kink. Please respect that. We are drama free.
  7. Multiple Fills are allowed
  8. Mene-related Stories only. (Crossovers are fine as long as they crossover with Mene). Do not go prompting a Harry Potter idea. It will be removed.
  9. Anything the staff posts should not be taken as canon

Don't know who the NPCs are? Click here

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 09:58 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 08:04 AM

As a Writer/Artist you will...

1. Quote the prompt you are filling for easy access.
  2. Put proper warnings if your story/art can be sensitive to others
  3. If you're a writer, try to at least use spellcheck, proper punctuation and capitalization
  4. If you have any questions regarding what the original prompter is asking, ping them.
  5. If your story is going be several parts (or if you wish to keep track of the stories yourself) feel better to make your own lit spot thread and just link back to that when you fill it. :3
  6. Likewise you can do the same with Art Post thread. (or DA)
Everything Else
You can discuss any prompts you find interesting or if you're working on it and need someone to help you, come here. Also tell people when you like something they wrote or have drawn. :3

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 08:05 AM

Seito is looking for code minion to help keep this updated. Any volunteers?

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM

So, Iro, Seito and I were discussing my prompt about a tea party and... well...

Chat transcript about a Mene Alice in WonderlandX

Quote:
Iro
Tea in Menewsha Gardens turn into a Mad Hatter's party

CK
I wonder who the characters would be.
I would guess Yumeh = Cheshire Cat, Afrodonkey and Peeblo = Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee

Iro
..... Afrodonkey the Mad Hatter first came to mind *shudders*
yan the dormouse?

CK
Mango = White Queen & Vicktoria = Red Queen? 8D

Iro
xDD

Seito
xD

Iro
Mr. Mayor the King of Heart? o3o

CK
Nalin = Alice. ho ho ho.

Seito
prompt it!

Iro
hohoho!

CK
::is cruel::

Iro
.... does this means he gets to wear a blue dress?

CK
With panniers.

Iro
so er, white knight = abel?

CK
xD
Lance = Mad Hatter

Iro
not mad enough methinks
Channah? xD

CK
Could work. xD
You guys realize I am posting a transcript of this conversation to the discussion thread. Just warning.

Iro
I could only remember the book vaguely, it's been a while since I've last read it xD
Channah the caterpillar

CK
YES
HAHAHA
>_>

Seito
xD

CK
Who is the White Rabbit? I mean, it could be the Easter Bunny but meh!

Iro
Cessy?

CK
daww - cute

Seito
<3 Works too. xD She's always running around somewhere.

CK
Though she could easily be the Dormouse or the other bunny

Iro
I think I might like Lise as either the White Queen or Mad Hatter
lol Nami >_>

CK
Well, Lise may work better as the Red Queen. xD

Iro
"OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!!" ?

Seito
xDDD

CK
Heck, we could do Red Queen as Tesel and White Queen as Vicky. xD
hilarity ensues

Iro
Aimee the white rabbit? :o
"I'm late, I'm late!"

CK
Aimee works as white rabbit. xD

Seito
xD
hahaha
Oh god. Vicky and Tesel as the Queens

Iro
Tesel would be grumpily sitting on her throne with her arms crossed xD
King of Hearts....
Abel
FFFFFT

Seito
xDD

CK
March Hare?

Iro
Jeryck or Toymaster the turtle?
Turtle soup, turtle soup...

Iro
all those... cards
soldiers, could be baby yans

Seito
YES!

This may help anyone wanting to take on the project. xD Though I doubt it's necessary to take the descriptions/roles strictly literally. :3
Character descriptions for Alice in Wonderland - Lenny's Alice in Wonderland site

Thought it might spark discussion. ;3

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK View Post
Warnings: Not for those allergic to tea.
Pairing: Any.
Prompt: Tea in the Menewsha Gardens goes horribly wrong... (Or horribly right?)

fufu. Short story for CK. >3
Warning: Implied slash
Disclaimer: Anything the staff posts should not be taken as canon

Trouble with TeaX

Nalin fidgeted and looked back and forth. There was someone in the bushes. He couldn’t see anyone but it was just that prickly feeling that one get when someone is staring at one behind one’s back. It was unsettling and he was beginning to feel a little stressed by it all. The last time this feeling arose, he ended up tied up with Abel in a room with mistletoe above their heads. [1]

“Nalin? Are you alright?” Mr. Mayor asked.

“What? Oh yes,” Nalin replied. He looked around once more but still couldn’t see anyone. As he turned his attention back to Mr. Mayor, he missed the glint of a camera lens, poking out from the bushes.

“You’re working yourself too hard, Nalin,” Mr. Mayor said, watching the shopkeeper scan the surrounding again. Nalin looked frazzled and clearly jumpy about something.

“I’m sorry,” Nalin apologized. “I just want the gardens to look right and I can’t help but think someone is watching me…”

Mr. Mayor smiled. “The gardens look wonderful, Nalin. Here I made a fresh pot of tea. Take a break and have some to calm your nerves.”

“Oh alright,” Nalin agreed. He took the cup of tea from Mr. Mayor. That was nicely of him. Taking a sip of the tea was the last thing he remembered before he blacked out.

--------
-Several Hours Earlier-

Birthday Cake Hat Girl had a brilliant and wonderful idea that involved tea, cookies, ropes and duct tape. One always needed duct tape.

Over the past three days Nalin had been working in Menewsha Gardens every day. Like clockwork, Mr. Mayor would always bring him a fresh pot of tea and they would take a break before Nalin went back to work. She gave a dreamy sigh as she looked at all the pictures she had taken the last three days of Nalin working.

Birthday Cake Hat Girl shook her head and focused on her plans. Right so all she had to do was to break into Mr. Mayor’s kitchen, mix some sleeping powder into the tea leaves (or maybe just coat the teapot with it?) then sneak outside and wait! It was a lot easier to do then she had though. A pair of wings, an open window and some ninja stealth, it was easy as pie.

She watched as Mr. Mayor offered the now drugged tea to Nalin and crackled silently. Soon they both collapsed over into a drugged sleep. “YES!” she shouted, jumping out of the bushes. BCH pulled out a roll of duct tape and began to tie Nalin up. She looked down at the still form of Mr. Mayor.

“Hmmm. Well I can’t leave him like this…” she muttered to herself. “What to do? AH! I know!”

----------

Nalin groggily opened his eyes as he felt someone kicking him and calling his name. ‘What happened?’ he wondered. His vision focused on the person kicking him. Silver hair, duel colored eyes and pointy ears. “Abel.”

“Nalin,” the elf greeted in a bored tone. He was tied up with duct tape and leaning against the undoubtedly locked door.

Nalin sighed. “It’s that girl isn’t it?” The same one that pulled off that mistletoe trap.

“The one with the Birthday Cake Hat? Yes.” Chances are pictures were already circling in the underground already.

“You’re taking this well,” Nalin pointed out.

“I figured Mr. Mayor is going get angry enough for the two of us,” Abel said nonchalantly.

Nalin looked to the side to see the still unconscious Mr. Mayor tied up next to him. “WHY IS HE HERE?!” Nalin shouted.

Abel shrugged. “With any luck Yumeh will rescues us again.” It was highly unlikely but better than the alternative.

Nalin gave another frustrated sigh. “This has to stop happening.”

“Agreed.”

-----------
[1] What is Nalin talking about? Read here

Last edited by Seito; 09-03-2011 at 09:59 AM..

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 09:59 AM

ROFLMAO. :rofl:

Poor guys. xD Poor, poor guys. xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 10:29 AM

I like tormenting them. :ninja:

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-03-2011, 10:39 AM

I think it's pretty difficult not to. xD Particularly in the cases of Nalin (who is easy to torment) or Abel (who sometimes deserves it). xD

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Exactly! I mean they're just so easy targets! *shot*

I figured it would be best to share the pain this time around. Share the suffering!

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM

Cora does think she will write something laters.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 09-03-2011, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Warnings: Possible weird pairings.
Pairing: Any or none.
Prompt: One of the NPCs decided that they have had enough of their fangirls and makes plans to get tied(engaged/married) to shut them up once and for all!
Warnings: One curse word, possibly lameness >.<;

SPOILERX

He paced the hallway as he waited for Mr. Mayor to finish up his latest meeting. Damn it! This is a more serious matter than what kind of baked goodies he wants Vicktoria to bring over, the silver-haired elf fumed to himself. Normally, he could handle the stares and "accidental" touches of the fangirls. But one crazed one took things too far.

Abel had left his shop in order to visit Nalin Sun about an upcoming shipment of magical flower seeds earlier that morning. Knowing how the blonde enjoyed gardening, he was going to offer to let the gardener to plant and grow the seeds. In his left hand was one of the brightest yellow roses. This was the end result of the seeds and the elf knew that Nalin would appreciate its beauty. He also hoped that it would mean that Nalin would accept without any questions.

Out of the corner of Abel's eye, he saw her. Most fangirls would just scream at the top of their lungs and/or faint. But this one seemed to have skipped past that stage. Nothing was out of the ordinary. She was dressed in a lilac blouse, pin-stripe short skirt, and had a slice of cheesecake on her thigh... Back up! Cheesecake should not go there! His mind alerted him. She made her way closer to the now stationary elf. He fought the urge to run away as he ran from no one. He had many years of magical experience. He could take on one fangirl...

"Want some cheesecake, Abel?" The yellow-haired girl asked, waggling her eyebrows. His dual-toned eyes shifted downward and then a growl escaped his lips. Pushing her aside, he rushed off to Mr. Mayor's office. The cheesecake-wearing girl frowned as she bent over and picked up the rose. "One day, Abel..."

His thoughts of what had occurred were disrupted when the door before opened and his friend beckoned him in. The office was quaint and suited Mr. Mayor perfectly. On the oak desk was a picture of both Vicktoria Valentine and Yumeh. Offering his elf friend a seat, Mr. Mayor sat across from him. A smile graced his face as he asked what brought Abel to his office. Abel recounted the strange encounter with the girl.

"This fangirl is almost as bad as Birthday Cake Hat Girl." Abel remarked. Mr. Mayor had to stifle a laugh as he listened to the story. He knew that some fangirls had been getting a bit out of hand. He himself had to deal with one recently that kidnapped him.

"What do you want me to do?" Mr. Mayor asked, surprised that Abel had come to him to help with this issue. Wouldn't zapping her with some magic be easier? he asked himself.

"I want to squelch these fangirls for good." Abel answered noncommitedly, his mind already forming a plan. "If I get married, then surely they'll back off."

"You want to get married?! To who?!" Mr. Mayor couldn't believe his ears. The mysterious elf would be willing to marry some lucky girl just to get rid of his adoring fans.

"Yes. I see no issue with it. It's not like I'll let the person stay with me. It will be for convenience, nothing more." The elf replied, his brows furrowing into a knot. "I just need to find one to marry."

"You can't have Vicktoria!" Mr. Mayor's voice rose. Abel rolled his eyes as if to say that there was no way he'd marry the love freak. "There's Lise, Aimee, Channah..."

"Tell Lise to meet me in the courtyard in two hours." Abel stated, getting up from the seat. He was sure that marrying Lise would prove to help him out more in the long run. A lot of his fangirls were weary of the raven-haired female. He left the office with a stunned Mr. Mayor with his mouth wide open.

Two hours later had the whole town in a tizzy. News of Abel getting married spread like wildfire. As he made his way to the spot picked out for the nuptials to be held, Abel noticed the Cheesecake Girl was nowhere to be seen. This pleased him. On the stage, he waited as everyone gathered around and the music began to play. So content with how smoothly this plan was going, Abel failed to notice that Mr. Mayor looked nervous. The bride made her way up the stage, her veil hiding her face. Mr. Mayor had recited the vows to each and both parties said "I do."

"Want that cheesecake now, hubby?" The bride asked, lifting the veil to show Lise with a huge grin on her face. Abel fainted at the altar. It would seem that Cheesecake Girl was really a masterful trick that Lise played on the elf.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-03-2011, 09:17 PM

@ CK - OMG I love the pairing you picked for the alice in menewshaland XD

Would be a priceless picture methinks

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 09-04-2011, 01:27 AM

Liztress: LOL. xD

But... but... Channah's married! She's not an available bachelorette. :3

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 09-04-2011, 01:42 AM

My prompt!
That was a fun read, Liztress. Poor Abel! :lol:

@Seito:
:lol: Birthday Cake Hat girl is starting a trend. She should be proud of herself!

Something I drew for Seito a few days ago which I think is relevant to the thread.

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 09-04-2011, 04:14 AM

Channah comes off as one of those kind of women who think that polygamy isn't just for the men. xD

I'm glad it was well-liked. :oops: I was afraid no one would like it. And yes, poor Abel. xD

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-04-2011, 05:33 AM

i loved the sketch Iro.

Lizzie-chan ~~ i couldn't open up the spoiler ;[

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 09-04-2011, 07:16 AM

I loved it Liztress!

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-04-2011, 08:14 AM

Channah is MARRIED!?!?!?

To who??

@ Hummy - try refreshing... sometimes spoilers glitch, especially if the post is edited

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-04-2011, 01:03 PM

They all look so fun, question. Can more then one person fill a prompt?

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 PM

Of course! There is never a limit to how many times someone could answer a prompt. After all, the more the merrier, right? ;)

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 09-04-2011, 02:22 PM

Cool. I want to challenge myself to do all of them xP

Himalia
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 09-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Where can we find prompts, or have none been posted yet? *easily confused*

Never mind...I clearly can't read. xDD

*scampers off to the prompt thread*

Seito
Evil Overlord

Old 09-06-2011, 09:27 PM

Hahaha *finally got around to reading Liztress:'s story*

Yes 8D Cheesecake Girl! Birthday Cake Hat Girl! xD Poor Abel. *pats*

@Iro yes yes she is. xD

The Wandering Poet:
She's married to Earl. xD You probably hear her mention him a couple times. :P

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM

Not really... last I talked to her she smacked me with her purse... her and jelly both like to hit me :(

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 09-06-2011, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seito View Post
Hahaha *finally got around to reading Liztress:'s story*

Yes 8D Cheesecake Girl! Birthday Cake Hat Girl! xD Poor Abel. *pats*

@Iro yes yes she is. xD

The Wandering Poet:
She's married to Earl. xD You probably hear her mention him a couple times. :P
I feel bad for Abel too. As Cheescake Girl is trying to work up to Birthday Cake Hat Girl's level of awesomeness.