p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:37 PM

Welcome!
Come on in and have a look around! I love to chat and chatting I love. :) There's an art section, a place for my avatars and some fun links, too. This place will surely change from time to time, as I always have new ideas; VIPs, a guest avatar closet, etc. So subscribe and stick around a while!

About the Chatter Box
Poppy set this chat up so that all of her friends could get together in one place, but more importantly, to make new friends and share fun things! Everyone is welcome, all ages, races and sexualities. While we're all entitled to our own opinions, this is a judgement free zone for peace and love! There's lots to do here! Here are some quick links to places in the chat; Contests, Announcements & Events // Banners // Art & Art Requests // Links & More // VIPs // Avatar Closet // Event & Contest Archives

About Poppy
*glomps everyone* I'm super friendly and love to laugh! But I can be pretty moody, too, I am a female after all. :) I don't take it out on my friends often, so don't worry! But, like my real friends, you might find that I'm a little bit crazy. (Who isn't a little crazy, amiright?!) I tend to have ridiculous misadventures due to my random personality, clumsiness, and sheer lack of common sense. I've had a rainbow of hair colors, I wear glasses when I feel too lazy to wear my contacts, I read more than I have actual time for, and I could probably live under a tree outside and be totally happy. Oh, and I really like all things vampire related. Don't judge me. *talk to hand* Please share some things with me about YOU!

My rules are simple
follow Mene's rules first and foremost
no spamming, trolling, harassing or begging
PING me! It's always okay to ping me for my attention
be friendly;
Quote:
no drama ♫ we don't want no drama
no no no no no dramaso don't pull on my hand boy
you ain't ma man boyI'm just tryna' dance boy
I'm sorry, I get distracted easily, why are we here again?
smile and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-16-2015 at 02:31 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:38 PM

6/11/15 - Poppy has officially re-opened her thread! She welcomes chatting, but also begs you for arts! *grabby hands* Read below to see what kind of contest or giveaway she's offering (as well as taking donations for)!

Current Contests and Giveaways!

★ Art Contest ★
Poppet is looking for art. Check out her requests below to see what you can come up with! There will be a single winner and that winner will receive an item or gold, or possibly both. If Poppet has the means, there could even be first and second runner's up! The contest does not currently have an end date, as I've found in the past that it ultimately screws me because I'll only have a couple of entrants. But, I WILL make an end date once I have at least ten entrants!

Current Entries:

★ Page prizes ★
There will always be page prizes as long as this thread exists. For the first poster on pages 140, 150, 160, 170, etc! The prizes will consist of gold or an item or if we've got a donation of art, etc.!
Our Winners:

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-11-2015 at 04:44 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Banners
Please add one of these banners to your signature if you love Poppet♥ :)
Feel free to re-size the banners if need be, or make your own!

For this banner, copy and paste the following
code into your signature or chat page!
PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage.html"][IMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2naspzc.png[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage.html"][IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2j3ocxi.png[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage.html"][IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2u9sk74.jpg[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage.html"][IMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/124gako.png[/IMG][/URL] 

PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage.html"][IMG]http://i57.tinypic.com/709d1z.png[/IMG][/URL] 

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-10-2015 at 08:32 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

About the arts
This is the section dedicated to the amazing pieces of art done for Poppet, and for the art going to be done for Poppet, by you perhaps? :)

by KougieX

by ClariusFlorinaX

by Iroase DelschattenX

by WherededIGoX

by CosmicFoxKittyX

by Pistachio_MoustacheX

by XogizmooxX

Do you want to do art for Poppet?
Poppy is always on the lookout for art. Are you practicing art? Need a model or some ideas? Do you just plain feel like loving on Poppy and giving her some art? Here's what she's looking for:

**NOTE** If you're unsure if I'd like your kind of art, feel free to send me an example of it! Below, I've added sections for examples of art I like and art I don't like. I do like other arts, too, I just haven't had the time to add ALL of the things I like and some styles look similar to the ones I'm "not" looking for but are actually good. Basically I'm looking for good art, digital, pixel, etc.

Also, if you're REALLY REALLY good at art, and usually charge for your art, PM me and we can talk numbers. The thing is, Mene just isn't as active as it used to be and I can't be active here like I used to be either. Earning gold is very hard for me and when I left Mene I gave away almost 1 million in gold and 99% of my items, including almost every EI and CI out to date. So I was incredibly generous and am hoping that some artists here can be the same for me. :)

1. My current avatar; she can look happier if you'd like, sultry, or more serene, whatever you prefer.

2. This girl absolutely has to look the way she looks here, facial expression wise. She's a cosplay for a girl who was a guardian (something like an angel) who was saved and kept by a vampire who basically tainted her with his sad life story and horrible and evil habits because she'd grown to love him. Long story, anyway, she shouldn't look happy, but not scared either.

3. She can have her eyes closed and laughing, or open and red to match the rest of the red. Whatever you think would look best. I want the photo to be cute!

4. Eyes open and pink to match the outfit, or closed and laughing, either way!

5. Another avatar who's facial expression and demeanor are up to you.

6. I would definitely like the genie to look playful or sultry and devious.

Other art & ideas for Poppy!X

1. Themes I love; anything country/cowboy/cowgirl, beach/island/tiki, fantasy (any of the people above in a fantasy setting or as a fantasy creature - mermaids, unicorns, vampires, etc.) and home life; cooking, on the laptop, drinking coffee, etc.

2. I adore Starbucks, ocean life, trees, stars, camping/campfires, reds and pinks, caribbean blues and greens, books and reading, being on my laptop, being out in nature and exploring, animals, my family, cooking, swimming, playing video games and writing stories.

3. I'm a dreamer. I always have my head in the clouds and have often been compared to Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

Types of art I adoreX

Please keep in mind, too, that you are more than welcome to practice your art skills with things I'm looking for. And if you'd like, I'd be more than happy to give you some constructive suggestions and detail edits.

Types of art I'm really not interested inX

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-16-2015 at 02:30 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:39 PM

Check back often for updated lists! These are meant to be fun topics of discussion and/or helpful for every day life, as well as to help everyone get their links out there in the Mene community.

Do you have a link you'd like featured? Your role-play requests, store, blog, etc?
Let me know and I'll feature it here!

Click here to expand the guest linksX

Click here to expand some Mene quick linksX

Dream Avatar Creator
There is a limited use for this feature unless you donate. I believe the
minimum price for a CI purchased with real money is $2.50 and then the DAC
is unlimited use. Plus you get a fun little "I ♥ mene" badge under your avi!

Fresh Meat Forum
Come on and make a noob feel welcome today & help Mene grow!

Click here to expand the personal links of, Le PoppyX

Role-player Listings of Menewsha
Come here to add yourself or find a partner!

CI & EIs Exchange Thread; Shop & Quests
This updates often!

Art Thread; Search & Requests
*begs you to do art for her*

Poppet's Role-play Search
Currently full/inactive.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-11-2015 at 04:27 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:40 PM

About the VIP's
This is reserved for the frequent chatters, visitors and loyal friends who return often, of Poppy's place. From time to time, one random person will be chosen from this list to receive a prize or gold! If you'd like to be a member of the VIP's, you need to post here enough that it catches my eye and that your username looks familiar to me when I log on. ;)

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-10-2015 at 10:39 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:48 PM

Inside Poppy's closet
This is my storage space for all of my avatars! These aren't all of them since half the time I forget to save them, but it's a start. Enjoy the fashion show. :P

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 11-07-2014 at 09:47 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-08-2014, 02:56 PM

Event & Contest Achives - Banner coming soon!
Dunno what's up with Mene boxing in some of the things in the event spoilers. Don't ask!

Halloween Event 2014X

Congratulations to dragoness129 for winning the avatar contest,
and to Whisper Invictus and bloodstainedwings for their tie
for second place!

Dress your avi in its best Halloween costume, or spookiest scene to win gold! I will feature each completed avatar here. Each entry must be sent in by Sunday the 26th of October. On Monday we will begin voting! There must be at least five entries, or we will not have a contest, so invite your friends! The winners, first place and second place runner-up, will be announced on the 30th and awarded and/or items, depending on what we have available/is better. Simply ping me to your post with the photo of your Halloween avatar entry with the title, "I would like to enter this avatar in the contest!"

Whisper Invictus: dragoness129: bloodstainedwings:

Maha-Aamir: Fuu-Chan: ~Yue~:

Shadami: GummyBearKisses: Xogizmoox:

Code Words
I've chosen a list of words. They might be Halloween related words or a words that mean something scary or gross. But if anyone says the first word on my secret list between now and Halloween midnight, they will win 100. If they say the second word on my secret list, they will win 200 and so on and so forth. There are five words on my secret list, and you can only earn gold for each word once. Good luck!
Our Code Word Mumblers so far:
Fuu-Chan: - 100
dragoness129: - 100
Whisper Invictus: - 100
GummyBearKisses: - 100
Shadami: - 100
Maha-Aamir: - 100

Page Prizes
Halloween goodies will be given out to posts 250, 300, 350, 400, 450 and so on, as well as to our most frequent chatters between 10/16 and 10/31, so get to chatting and ping your friends! If I'm one of those posts, then the prize rolls over to the next poster. The prizes will be sent via trades the day before Halloween!
Page Prize Winners:
PapillonCameo: 250
dragoness129: 301 & 401
Ermahgerd Berks: 350
Whisper Invictus: 450
Fuu-Chan: 500 & 550 & 700
Amane: 600 & 650
Xogizmoox: 750
GummyBearKisses: 800
Shadami: 850

Signature Prizes
If you sport my Halloween Contests banner in your signature from now until Halloween, you'll get 35 PER DAY, for doing so. Think of it as getting paid to promote my contests and chat. To use the banner, simply scroll up to the second post called "Banners". Copy the code under the Halloween icon and paste it into your signature. Then, post in my chat and let me know that you've started working for me! I mean, that you've so kindly put my banner in your signature, and I'll reward you on Halloween! You must post here at least once daily until Halloween to prove that you have had the banner the entire time.

Our Siggy Bearers:
GummyBearKisses: - (10/18) 13 days = 455
dragoness129: - (10/19) 12 days = 420
Shadami: - (10/22) 10 days = 350
For this banner, copy and paste the following code into your signature or chat page!
PHP Code:
[URL="http://www.menewsha.com/forum/community/menewsha-nation/212036-poppys-chatter-box-art-avatar-storage-halloween-contests-page-prizes-have-begun.html"][IMG][url=http://bit.ly/1y6UNWX][img]http://bit.ly/1nvRBTU[/img][/url][/IMG][/URL] 

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-10-2015 at 08:36 PM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 01:50 AM

@My Friends;

Hey guys! I'm not sure I've ever done the friends ping before, I hope it works. I don't think you're supposed to quote it. I'm starting a new chat that should be awesome! It's not quite ready, but I've got so much work to do on it I might as well chat while I'm working. How is everybody? *passes out strawberry cupcakes*

Pandora's Box
Everyone's Favorite Sociopath

Old 10-09-2014, 01:56 AM

CUPCAAAAKES!! *nibbles on it*

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 01:57 AM

Gamie! It's been a while. *pokes* I love the black and red on your avi.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 01:59 AM

*loves on the thread* I come chitty chat...when I remember.

Pandora's Box

Old 10-09-2014, 02:00 AM

*pokes back* It has, hasn't it? Thank you! I like your avatar too. Lately I've been debating changing my name. Still thinking about it.

slurpz
Cap'n Twerk

Old 10-09-2014, 02:00 AM

Oh hi.

The friends ping definitely works haha. I haven't been back here for a long time! Hope you've been well.

Your avatar is cute as always!

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 02:01 AM

My gosh, Queen! It's been ages since I've talked to you, too! Thanks for coming by

What do you want to change your name to sg?

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 09:01 PM ----------

Daw, thanks slurpz! Good to see you!

Pandora's Box

Old 10-09-2014, 02:02 AM

I'm thinking 'Pandora's Box', like the mythology story. ^_^ What do you think?

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 02:03 AM

Ooo I really like that. I like the one you have now though, too.

Pandora's Box

Old 10-09-2014, 02:04 AM

Yeah, it's a tough choice. Hmmmm..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 02:15 AM

NA

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 06-16-2015 at 02:31 AM..

Pandora's Box

Old 10-09-2014, 02:20 AM

Yeah, so you have to be extra careful that you want the new name. How did you come up with Poppet♥ anyway?

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-09-2014, 02:24 AM

Thanks for the ping i'll chat when I can but pings
are kind of getting on my nerves since i keep getting pinged left and right. >.<

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 10-09-2014, 02:28 AM

Thanks for stopping in Chan! I'm sorry you're getting pinged all over the place! I think it annoys me, too, like during events. Oh my Lord I get so many darn pings during events that I contemplate defriending the same like three people who always do it, lol. I like to think I can slide by on this one since it's my first mass ping. I hope you feel better soon Chan!

Sg, I was watching Pirates of the Caribbean and when the main character girl is hiding in the closet and they call her poppet, I've always loved it for some reason, lol. I ran with it.

---------- Post added 10-08-2014 at 09:28 PM ----------

It's also a type of doll, which I like. :)

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 10-09-2014, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by p o p p e t ♥ View Post
Thanks for stopping in Chan! I'm sorry you're getting pinged all over the place! I think it annoys me, too, like during events. Oh my Lord I get so many darn pings during events that I contemplate defriending the same like three people who always do it, lol. I like to think I can slide by on this one since it's my first mass ping. I hope you feel better soon Chan!
It really annoys me when
it happens to a thread I am subscribed to and I am aware of new posts.
Or if I tell them "Hey, can you please stop?"
And they still do it -~-

I do like getting pinged to hangouts from friends. .///.

I am feeling alright, just very distracted.
I need to work on art but uuuuuuugh.
I can't focus on it.

Pandora's Box

Old 10-09-2014, 02:37 AM

Ahh, that makes sense! ^_^ I guess I should get it changed before someone else steals the idea

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 10-09-2014, 03:15 AM

*takes a peek*