Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 08-05-2011, 08:30 PM

Mage's Adventures with Mini Yan!

This... Will be the greatest adventure ever.

8/5 - Pictures 1-8

8/7 - Pictures 9 and 10

8/8 - Pictures 11-20

Last edited by Mageling; 08-09-2011 at 02:03 AM..

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-06-2011, 03:57 AM

8/5/11

~~~~~~~

My first day toting around Mini-Yan went something like this:

Clearly, my cat doesn't like my camera, and expresses her displeasure in the only way she knows how: glaring at me. Oddly, she doesn't seem to mind Mini-Yan.

The dog had no idea that Mini-Yan was even there. He was more interested in his ball. He never was the brightest dog, but he's lovable and cuddly enough to make up for it.

I had to go to work, so of course I took Mini-Yan with me. I took a slight detour on my way into the mall, so we made a quick stop here:

I work in a clothing store, and a women's clothing store, no less. You can imagine where I found Mini-Yan at the end of the night.

And here:

And oddly, here:

After work, I stopped and picked up dinner. Mini-Yan got to it before I did. He got to my dessert, too.

We'll have to see what the rest of the weekend brings. I have plans for sushi and ice cream with a friend on Sunday, and I'm sure she'll understand if I bring Mini-Yan along.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 02:39 AM

8/7/11

~~~~~~~

This seems to be a wonderful weekend for Mini-Yan. It was raining pretty hard out today, but it was still too warm and humid to take Yan out to play in the water. Maybe tomorrow when I go out to water the cat-plant. However, I did get to take him out for sushi.

After sushi, we went next door to the Rita's for some frozen custard, which is richer and more delicious than regular ice cream. I got a small, since we had green tea ice cream at the sushi place, but I still shared with Mini-Yan. Chocolate all the way~

We'll have to see what the coming week has in store for Mini-Yan!

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 PM

8/8/11

~~~~~~~

Today started late, which I was totally fine with. I was up late last night with Mini-Yan, who suddenly had the urge to google floral shorts on my laptop. I indulged him, and looked up the loudest, most floral shorts I could find, and managed to hit the jackpot with what I found on like.com:

One of the shorts even has women on it. All I was able to prove is that I can't take a proper picture worth squat.

This morning--or rather, this afternoon-- I took Mini-Yan into the kitchen with me for some food. He immediately jumped on the Nutella/Ghiardelli brownies from last night, and really, I can't blame him. I had a craving for chocolate the size of Antarctica, so I had some brownies for breakfast myself. Breakfast of champions, don't'cha know.

Once we had a real breakfast after the brownies, I took Mini-Yan with me downstairs to see what my brother was doing. As soon as my feet hit the floor, Mini-Yan jumped out of my arms and rushed over to my dad's spinny computer chair.

I talked to my brother for a moment, and then turned back around to gather up Mini-Yan, who had somehow found my brother's Assasin's Creed poster and was trying to stick to the wall in an attempt to hug the poster.

I gave him a moment with the poster, and then gathered him up so I could go outside to water the cat-flower. Really, it's a flowering bush that my mother's late cat is buried under, but it tends to wilt without water, so I water it every day with the hose. Apparently, Mini-Yan likes the hose and took it from me a few times to play with it.

While I was watering the cat-flower, Mini-Yan found a frog!

If you look close, it's in the top corner of the picture. It kind of blends in, but isn't that what they're supposed to do? The frog was quick, though, and I wasn't able to catch it for Mini-Yan. He lost interest once it was gone, and turned his formidable attention to the apple tree in the yard. There are apples on it already, don't'cha know.

I had to help Mini-Yan down from the tree once he had climbed up, because he'd somehow forgotten the way he went up. That was alright, though. But while he was in the tree, he saw that the pool had been cleaned out recently, and ran over to look once I got him down.

I let him look for a few minutes, but he couldn't go in because of all the rain we had in the last few days. So much rain threw off the pH of the pool, and we haven't been able to fix it yet. Besides, we still need to get new pool noodles to replace the ones the squirrels ate over the winter. Mini-Yan wouldn't float otherwise.

After the adventure outside, Mini-Yan and I went back into the house, where he promptly ran into my room and jumped on my bed to bother the cats. Strangely, they didn't seem to mind Mini-Yan. Instead, what they minded was the flash of the camera. It's odd, because the cats aren't exactly social, but the like Mini-Yan well enough, which is good.

I'm not sure how he manages it, but Mini-Yan must have a sixth sense about these things, because not five seconds after he jumped on my bed, he managed to find one of the only manga I own with a nearly-naked girl on the front cover.

He's still trying to hug the manga, so we'll have to wait and see what shenanigans he gets into next.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-10-2011, 07:38 PM

YAN SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED :boogie:

Mageling

Penpal

Old 08-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Awesome~! Thanks~!