Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-06-2011, 04:03 AM

I have plans. Big plans.

However, given the average lifespan of a human, I fear my plans for this world will outlive me.
Normally these plans would be carried on by an heir, but seeing as I have none, it leaves me in a dire situation.
Given Yan's reputation and popularity, I feel that he would be the perfect specimencandidate for my inheritance and future plans of world dominationleadership.

This is the documented case of Yan's time and progess with me, Ikuto Akihiko.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-06-2011, 04:04 AM

Meaningful Pictures:

Day 1- Graded

SPOILERX

Photo 1- Just a bit of drawing.

Photo 2- Some fun reading.

Day 2- Graded

SPOILERX

Photo 3- Uh oh, Yan got into someone's undies! Naughty!

Photo 4- Yan looking out the window before being settled into his seat for the drive.

Photo 5- Where do you want to go first, Yan?

Photo 6- Oh geeze... No, I don't think that's the one that's in the new Transformers...

Photo 7- Is it delicious, Yan?

Photo 8- Ah, some peace and quiet by the lake~

Photo 9- Pizza for dinner! Gosh, Yan ate that one slice quickly...

Day 3- Graded

SPOILERX

Photo 10- Tackle that dust, Yan!

Photo 11- For all your travelling needs~

Photo 12- What's next on the list?

Photo 13- Meeting some of the "extended family."

Photo 14- Ohmy- I really hope that's pudding...

Photo 15- A short nap, I promise.

Photo 16- Watching the sun set and eating popsicles.

Photo 17- Bathtime with duckies.

Photo 18- Finally time for bed, here have a story!

Day 4

Photo 19- Yan meets the family doctor~

Photo 20- Yan trying to be a ninja. Or maybe a Jedi...

Photo 21- Yan and I share some coffee to start our day.

Photo 22- Yan helps me at "work." >>

Photo 23- Yan does some studying! Err... tries to...

Photo 24- Let's get some snacks to try and stay awake for the class, okay?

Photo 25- Yan learns the importance of saving money!

Photo 26- Yan finds some flowery shorts.

Photo 27- Phew. Time to cool off! (Coconut only had fruit juice~)

Day 5

Photo 28- Play that funky music white...thing...

Photo 29- Paying our respects.

Photo 30- Some fun in the park!

Photo 31- This doggy? I think he's got something to say!

Photo 32- Yan faces the dragon in order to save the maiden!

Photo 33- Dragon successfully slayed. Time to eat it?

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 09-27-2012 at 04:44 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-06-2011, 04:04 AM

Journal
Day 1.
Friday

Yan arrived at the mansion, quite appropriately, on a dark and stormy night here. He was promptly ushered inside to avoid getting soaked and the possibility of getting sick. Pristine health is of the utmost importance. To make him feel welcome, we gave him a tour of the mansion. (We would have included a tour of grounds as well if not for the rain and darkness.) We introduced him to our staff as well in case he needs anything and the family isn't around. We showed him his room, customized to his taste, and reassured him that our room is directly beside his, with a door leading straight to it.

Since it was storming and already night (not to mention only the first day) we put off any studying or talks of world dominationleadership. We didn't want to bog down his poor mind. Instead we showed him our collection of manga, to which I suggested "Love Hina." I think he enjoyed it quite a bit, reading straight through the first and moving on to the second. Afterwards we drew a bit. Mock castles, and sweets~ I've found that we have much in common and this brings warmth to my heart and a smile to my lips. As well as logical reassurance.

We've let him get to bed now since tomorrow will be a busy day and sleep is very important to good health. It's the weekend, and though I have plenty of business to attend to, I believe in having fun on the weekends. I think Yan should too and hope that this will deepen our bonds. To the next day!

(End Entry 1)

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 08-09-2011 at 08:05 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-09-2011, 08:06 PM

Day 2.
Saturday

We woke up a bit earlier than usual since we had a busy day planned. We let Yan sleep in a bit while we organized and packed our things. A hearty breakfast was prepared for us so we went to awaken Yan. We were pleasantly surprised to find him brightly awake and in a bit of mischief. He had somehow managed to get someone's under garments drawer out and was gleefully playing in the clothes. We suspect he may have persuaded one of his attendants to get the drawer out. Clever boy, he is.

After our breakfast, we headed out. Yan seemed particularly interested in looking outside as we drove. We let him get in a few peeks before settling him down in his seat. We kept him entertained with stories and games for the duration of the drive.

We went to the mall first. Yan wanted to look at the store directory and see all that was available. So we took him there and got quite a laugh comparing his size to that of the map of the mall. A regular "Yanzilla" we called him. We wandered through the mall stopping in various stores and admiring what each had to offer. He did seem particularly interested in stopping by "Victoria's Secret." We indulged him by snapping a photo of him and one of the models. Afterwards we stopped by the food court and bought lunch and some ice cream. We picked out three flavors for him to try: strawberry, cookies and cream, and mocha. He seemed quite pleased with them. Or maybe he was just reveling in the all the ice cream goodness.

After the mall, we simply drove around to other stores and soaked up the scenery the city had to offer. We did stop by a small lake to do a bit of relaxing before driving back home. Time flew by and nightfall was upon us so we headed back home to the mansion. After a quick pizza dinner and a nice relaxing bath, Yan, as well as the rest of us were ready for sleep.

(End Entry 2)

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 08-09-2011 at 11:38 PM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-10-2011, 01:17 AM

Day 3.
Sunday

Sunday is our cleaning and time spent with family day. We want to instill in Yan good ethics and firm values. That though we may have a staff that can attend to our needs, we can still hold our own. And we believe that everyone can do their part to keep the mansion looking spiffy. We assigned Yan the duty of some light dusting. I accompanied him on this task, making whooshing noises with the duster as it conquered the dust. While dusting our things, we came across our Millenium Falcon, to which Yan seemed confused and delighted. We explained to him what it was and took him for a little spin on it. Getting around via spaceship definitely beats walking!

All staff get Sunday off as well to spend time with their own families. And so extended family comes to visit us on this day, kooky bunch that they are. We wanted to get some things before they arrived; so off to the grocery store we went! We let Yan hold the list as we went throught the store and gathered everything. He was a pretty good list keeper.

When they arrived they immediately began doting. They loved Yan and shared their stories with him, keeping him thoroughly entertained through dinner. They decided it would be fun to feed him some chocolate pudding and what a mess that was! But even more so entertaining than dinner. We cleaned up our mess (and poor Yan) and relaxed for a bit before seeing our kooky bunch out and wishing them safe travels back home.

We decided it would be a good time for a small nap. We woke up in time to watch the sun set from the balcony and enjoy some popsicles. The sun was a bit obscured by the clouds, but it gave the sky a nice soft feeling and kept us from getting too hot. Afterwards, we gave Yan a bath and let him play with some rubber ducks. Then we settled him in bed with a bedtime story.

(End Entry 3)

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 08-10-2011 at 02:05 AM..

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-10-2011, 02:05 AM

Day 4.
Monday

Our first full weekday! Our first order of business was letting Yan meet our mysterious family doctor. He can be a bit scary and even I can admit he comes off as creepy and has definitely left me screaming and running through the mansion quite surprised simply because I ran into him. But he means well and I can safely say that he's very good at what he does, keeping our health in check and curing any ailments. The good doctor checked Yan out and he was good to go! I'm not sure if Yan was scared or inspired by the doctor (possibly both) since we found him hiding behind one of our lightsabers. Sneaky!

Since it was the beginning of the business week we had coffee. We don't often have coffee because we don't want it to be an addiction, rather a treat to the start of the week. So it was good Yan was here for the occasion.

I had some business to attend to, so I let Yan come with me to work for a bit. My work mostly involves reviewing things or creating things (very vague, I know); so I can't imagine it was much fun for Yan, but such is my life at times! Yan had his own class to get to though; so I finished my work early and off we went to his class. Since I'm learning other languages, I figured it would be a good thing for Yan to try it as well. They took a small break and I took Yan down to the vending machines to get a snack. Overall, I think the class went well. I'm not sure how much he learned, but at least he got some more drawing in. Haha!

After class, we took him to the bank, where he hopefully learned the importance of saving money. If not, well... I'm sure he'll pick up on it eventually. Until then, we'll handle his funds. Afterwards, we went to a nearby store to pick out some shorts. They didn't have too much, but Yan seemed content with the pair we found.
Since we had a pretty full day, we decided to relax. So we set up a little pool and such for Yan to keep cool in. We even broke out the little inflatable palm tree and coconut cups. Don't worry, he only had fruit juice! Oddly, he didn't want to wear the shorts we bought for him. I suppose it may have been too hot!

The rest of the day was pretty quiet and uneventful. We were all pretty wiped out from work, learning, and roaming around. This is what Yan has to look forward to; so I hope he's getting used to it.

(End Day 4)

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 AM

Day 5.
Tuesday

The first order of business for today was music lessons! Music is very important to us as we believe it helps stimulate the mind. And Yan will need to have a strong mind when he is dealing with the workings of the world. We have an array of instruments here; so we let Yan try them all. He seemed happiest playing with the keyboard; so I accompanied him on the violin. I must say, we are quite a duo! We played for a while, at least until I had to get back to work. Yan stayed entertained this time by having his own computer to play on.
For outside business today, we decided to visit our Fallen Airmen Memorial. Yan seemed a bit sad, but we reassured him that the fallen troops appreciated us coming to visit and were delighted to meet someone new.
Since there was a park nearby, we decided to go there. We had fun carrying Yan around the playground, up the little stairs and down the slides. We swung on the swings for a while and then snapped a photo of Yan on the seesaw. By then the sun was high in the sky so we decided we were done playing outside for today. We stopped by a gas station to pick up some drinks to which the cashier was so taken by Yan, that she gave us our drinks for free. Fancy that! Yan's powerful charm seems to be at work!

We have plenty of pets at our mansion, but only little dogs. We decided to stop by our local SPCA so that Yan could look at the dogs there, and we thought it would be a good lesson for him. Showing him that there are plenty of animals that need love and attention without being bought for $500+. There were lots of dogs, but Yan seemed quite taken by a black Labrador mix. We made him a promise that if we were able to adopt him, we would adopt the dog as well, as a way of not feeling alone and different in a new family.

We headed home to spend the rest of the day in the comfort and cool of central air conditioning. We explored some more of the mansion and happened upon an interesting book. It described a fair maiden who was being held captive by a foul 5-headed dragon! Yan took the role of the brave knight and slayed the dragon. Though he did suggest a different ending, which included taking the maiden on a date and eating the dragon. Very imaginative, he is...
And so he had dragon-- err sushi for dinner and feeling quite pleased with himself, declared it bedtime!

(End Day 5)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 08-10-2011, 08:50 PM

YAN SUCCESSFULLY ADOPTED!