View Single Post
HeartMoogle
Bumbling Gay
Send a message via MSN to HeartMoogle Send a message via Yahoo to HeartMoogle

Old 04-19-2012, 01:17 PM

~WELCOME~

I'm Alice. DaisyKeehl: will be along later. Welcome to our Queer/LGBTQA+ Support/Hangout thread! :D

To the best of my knowledge, there is no thread like this currently on Menewsha, which is surprising, because many Menewshans are part of the LGBT community! :o So we decided to make a thread for people to just...express themselves. Openly and honestly.

So what IS this thread exactly?

I suppose the best way to describe it is a "Gay-Straight Alliance" thread. Not that Menewsha is in any way judging or unsafe, this is a designated safe space for any Menewshans who are members of the Queer/LGBTQA+ community, and for any who are not but want to actively show their support. :yes: There are far too many members of the LGBT community who are forced to stay in the closet, even today. This happens all around the world, and it simply is not right. This thread can not solve this, but it can provide a safe space for anyone who feels oppressed for their sexual orientation to get things off their chest and be supported.

So are there rules, Alice?

You bet your butt there are rules!

Rule Number 1: All posters will adhere to the Menewsha Rules and Guidelines as well as the Menewsha Nations Rules and Guidelines.
This should go without saying, but everyone follow site and board rules, please! :)

Rule Number 2: Absolutely no form of prejudice will be tolerated.
This one should also be able to go without saying, but I wanted to make it clear that I don't just mean homophobia here. Racism, sexism, ageism, slut-shaming, or any other form of prejudice is strictly forbidden.

Rule Number 3: Be patient.
Some people may be shy and beat around the bush here, and that's okay. If it's someone coming out of the closet, you must be sensitive. For some people, admitting to themselves and others that they are not "straight" is one of the hardest things they will ever have to do.

Rule Number 4: Be kind and have fun!

Daisy and I reserve the right to retroactively add any rules I've forgotten or that we see the need to create later.

So that's it for the rules. Again, I'm Alice, and I'm pansexual and transgender. Welcome, one and all.

Last edited by HeartMoogle; 05-19-2014 at 01:59 AM..